Theory Kaido is a Dragon + Wano Predictions

I think Kaido is a dragon

Big Mom mentions the three races she does not have in her country to King. This is an odd thing Oda mentions in the middle of Big Mom being held captive. (Chapter 951 pg15-17) I believe the three races are
- Kings Race
- Kaidos dragon race
- Giants

I think Kaido is a real dragon, as he’s been mentioned as strongest creature land sea or air, did not use a hybrid form against Oden, Yamato was about to transform. 2 fangs, 3 middle teeth just like Dragon Kaido. This is my opinion.

Next prediction is I think Vegapunk, Sword, Cipher Pol, and maybe the Revolutionary army may play a role in Wano.

Vegapunk was name dropped. Chapter 1000 is inbound. Sword/Cipher Pol/Revs have had a longstanding plot line since Chapter 900.

My only reasoning for this is that this is how Oda builds up these reveals. For example he kept name dropping Rocks, Kaido, and Big Mom. And then Chapter 956/957 revealed God Valley. No one could see that coming. The Revs are also looking for where the weapons in Dressrosa originated.

Next prediction/theory is:
- Vegapunk or World Government experimented on Kaido decades ago, maybe even before God Valley.
- That may explain Vegapunks artificial Dragon Zoan that works.
- Kaido was probably captured again after God Valley. (Might explain his thoughts on pirates always betray each other)
- Big Mom possibly rescued Kaido (the debt he owes for). Queen was the scientist that was around him. King was the jailer (his attire is comparable to Shiryu/Magellan’s). And maybe Jack was around, since Fishman Island is not so far away. (Jack was also shown in the flashback twenty years ago, meaning his was on the beast pirates crew since 8).
- The journey from FI, Punk Hazard to Wano Could have been all this for Kaido. Also explains the oni logo on Punk Hazard and the Ancient Giants or Numbers that Kaido brought with him.

Also given this speculation, I also believe chapters
- 996-999 are build up
- 1000 is a massive reveal, curtains on act 3
- reverie chapters 1001-1003
- Kaido flashback beginning 1004-1007 (bc 100 chapters ago, Big Mom revealed the debt Kaido owes her) and Oda likes his numbers (Chapter 907: Edit)

Last edited:

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
Dragons are long extinct and Kaido's age doesnt play well with the theory that he is a ~60 years old dragon...
Maybe he could be some experiment, clone created from dragon fossil or something.
However, I think he is just an Oni who ate Dragon fruit. Not playing along with my guess is air, land and SEA, Kaido is strongest.
If he ate a DF he shouldnt be strongest in the sea unless it was referring him as stronger than sea creatures.

Dragons are long extinct and Kaido's age doesnt play well with the theory that he is a ~60 years old dragon...
Maybe he could be some experiment, clone created from dragon fossil or something.
However, I think he is just an Oni who ate Dragon fruit. Not playing along with my guess is air, land and SEA, Kaido is strongest.
If he ate a DF he shouldnt be strongest in the sea unless it was referring him as stronger than sea creatures.
The way I think of it. If he was a devil fruit user, seastone shackles would allow easily for people to kill him, and he has only escaped so far

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢

Big Mom mentions the three races she does not have in her country to King. This is an odd thing Oda mentions in the middle of Big Mom being held captive. (Chapter 951 pg15-17) I believe the three races are
- Kings Race
- Kaidos dragon race
- Giants

I think Kaido is a real dragon, as he’s been mentioned as strongest creature land sea or air, did not use a hybrid form against Oden, Yamato was about to transform. 2 fangs, 3 middle teeth just like Dragon Kaido. This is my opinion.

Next prediction is I think Vegapunk, Sword, Cipher Pol, and maybe the Revolutionary army may play a role in Wano.

Vegapunk was name dropped. Chapter 1000 is inbound. Sword/Cipher Pol/Revs have had a longstanding plot line since Chapter 900.

My only reasoning for this is that this is how Oda builds up these reveals. For example he kept name dropping Rocks, Kaido, and Big Mom. And then Chapter 956/957 revealed God Valley. No one could see that coming. The Revs are also looking for where the weapons in Dressrosa originated.

- Vegapunk or World Government experimented on Kaido decades ago, maybe even before God Valley.
- Kaido was probably captured again after God Valley. (Might explain his thoughts on pirates always betray each other)
- Big Mom possibly rescued Kaido (the debt he owes for). Queen was the scientist that was around him. King was the jailer (his attire is comparable to Shiryu/Magellan’s). And maybe Jack was around, since Fishman Island is not so far away. (Jack was also shown in the flashback twenty years ago, meaning his was on the beast pirates crew since 8).
- The journey from FI, Punk Hazard to Wano Could have been all this for Kaido. Also explains the oni logo on Punk Hazard and the Ancient Giants or Numbers that Kaido brought with him.

- 996-999 are build up
- Kaido flashback beginning 1004-1007 (bc 100 chapters ago, Big Mom revealed the debt Kaido owes her) and Oda likes his numbers (Chapter 907: Edit)
The only thing that goes wrong with this theory is Kaido's potential theory.

I can definitely see Kaido being a product of Vegapunk's experiments on the Dragon genes/cells or shit like that.

But if Kaido is just a pure Dragon it's also cool.

Might be. Even though Dragons went extinct, exceptions prove the rule. King's species was also said to have gone extinct.

But even if he's a Dragon by default, he might still have a hybrid form. If he can be full Dragon and full humanoid, he could do something inbetween.

I'm still leaning towards Oni, due to the horns he has in his base form and which resemble those of Oars. But who knows.

Last edited:

- Kings Race
- Kaidos dragon race
- Giants

- 996-999 are build up
the odds surly hint in this way

What if I've told you that this theory has been around since the moment we saw Dragon Kaidou?

It's up in the air tbh, but Kaidou is probably not a dragon. Full zoans have always been more situational but less functional in combat than base, let alone hybrid and awakening.

There is an expression in Japanese "like giving an Oni a club", which means making something strong even stronger.

Even Rogersbase predicted he'd have a club. So I'll stick with the "clubbed Oni" thing.

But who knows... Maybe this is true.

The horns Kaido has in base, are a specific trait of Oni's (if we compare it to Oars and Oars Jr.). Eastern Dragons normally only have that one straight pair of horns, but in Kaido's case, he has those additional Oni horns in both his Dragon form and base form. And those Oni horns are more dominant since he keeps them in the dragon form, while the straight horns of the eastern dragon vanish upon him turning into base, with the Oni horns staying there all the time.

This is indication that Kaido is probably an Oni. But who knows. If he's not an Oni that consumed a Dragon fruit, he is a Dragon that consumed an Oni fruit. If he was a DFless Dragon that can shapeshift, the horns indicate that he is a hybrid of both races.

There was a theory about lizard people right? And big mama wanted that lost race... maybe kaido is the last doomer survivor from that reptilian race and thats why woah mama doesnt want to kill kaido.

But... i still think he is a dragon who ate the ogre ogre no mi.

Last edited:
It make sense to me that Kaido is a half-breed of Oars' race (is Oars considered an Oni?) and simply just ate the Dragon Dragon fruit. I think that race is one that Big Mom doesn't have.

Also, side note - I don't think Kaido want to kill himself very badly, since, unless he's a Fishman, he could just drown himself... and easily to if he ate a devil fruit.

It make sense to me that Kaido is a half-breed of Oars' race (is Oars considered an Oni?) and simply just ate the Dragon Dragon fruit. I think that race is one that Big Mom doesn't have.

Also, side note - I don't think Kaido want to kill himself very badly, since, unless he's a Fishman, he could just drown himself... and easily to if he ate a devil fruit.
And it makes sense to the rest of us that Kaidou is a dragon.

Also Kaidou's immortality could go beyond just being durable btw. Say he drowns, he suffers drowning, but say he's immortal from like the ex user of law's fruit, suddenly he is unable to move as a devil fruit user, underwater till he washes out 100's of years later or when someone in his crew saves him.