Character Discussion Kaido is the worst antagonist in the entire series and his "backstory" is objectively awful

It still amuses me till this day that some people were requesting to wait for a backstory for Kaido before judging him as a character…or even that just getting one would somehow make him the best antagonist.
:fujilaugh:
Pretty sure folks wouldn't have anything to say about it if... Oh, I don't know... Oda didn't provide one. People didn't give a shit about other villains getting one because Oda didn't tease them with one with his typical stupid attempt at Setup & Payoff.

The flashback is here, and people are going judge it accordingly, that's nobody else's fault but Oda.

he had 0 personal alliance kills on wano. kin'emon not dying was beyond ridiculous.

but it indictates to me that oda will probably bring him back and bait the fans into viewing him sympathetically despite all the shit he did, same as previous villains like crocodile. if he had actually killed somebody then that would have been the point of no redemption. but if it stands as it is, then yes kaidou would be one of the worst one-arc-wonder villains

Kaido is strength personified. He's the manifestation of the idea some people have about being Pirate King, that to be the Pirate King is to be the strongest individual there is. He's a literal dragon king that rules with brutality and values strength above all else. He was introduced by killing himself for fun, and proceeding to wipe the people he landed on. And considering it was a sting by Apoo, I think that was his way of nerfing himself for the fight as they were trying to kill someone he respects.

I actually kind of disliked that he was given a flashback because it felt forced to have one for him. I understand he joined Rocks at 15 and showing his exploits would have been a lot of details too soon but... imagine if we were allowed a few shots where Kaido is fighting or defeating established heavy hitters for the flashbacks. It'd give a lot of flavor and intrigue to satisfy us until we get the full Rocks flashback (which would be the God Valley stuff most likely).

Kaido is strength personified. He's the manifestation of the idea some people have about being Pirate King, that to be the Pirate King is to be the strongest individual there is. He's a literal dragon king that rules with brutality and values strength above all else. He was introduced by killing himself for fun, and proceeding to wipe the people he landed on. And considering it was a sting by Apoo, I think that was his way of nerfing himself for the fight as they were trying to kill someone he respects.

I actually kind of disliked that he was given a flashback because it felt forced to have one for him. I understand he joined Rocks at 15 and showing his exploits would have been a lot of details too soon but... imagine if we were allowed a few shots where Kaido is fighting or defeating established heavy hitters for the flashbacks. It'd give a lot of flavor and intrigue to satisfy us until we get the full Rocks flashback (which would be the God Valley stuff most likely).
Blame Oda for that. He wanted to sell the idea of Kaido being strength…by having him hide away in a natural fortress for decades, having lost 7 times offscreen and supposedly challenged the other Yonko offscreen with no result, avoided the Navy & Warlords (Moriah had to go to him), have his 1 notable win due to hostage deception… and somehow came to the conclusion that no one could beat him when he wouldn’t even give them the chance to.

That’s what happens when Oda wants to generate hype but still keep the top tiers separate in their own corners and not dehype any of them. It just reads as a farce.

lol can't blame you all Waido made you salty the day he appeared because you had your headcanon about your fav characters being the strongest (of course I dont mean kinyagi who wasn't an admiral fan and keeps changing his wank)

Speaking about backstories how about the amazing WB? oh wait Kizaru showing his lasers to VP and Sento/Aokiji punching ships are way better :saden:

Kaido isn't even close to being the worst antagonist in the series, and as for his backstory if that's all we get then yes his backstory is trash.

The worst antagonists in the series is Hody and Foxy.
Nah Lucci
Boring asf
Post automatically merged:

A Kaido fan could probably explain why Kaido is a better villain and I'm pretty sure you will never listen because of your hatred for Kaido.

Just like how ZKK haters will never listen to anything ZKK fans say.

I don't even think Kaido is the best antagonist, heck I don't even deny your points about Hody but that doesn't mean I suddenly agree with them and think Hody is way better villain than Kaido.

And you are right about wrong opinions, you definitely have plenty.:milaugh:

Also I'm not trying to come off as cold and mean in my replies to you, I just really don't like Hody at all lol.
Best post ts villain was Perospero