Anime Discussion Kaiju No 8

What anime Kaiju No 8 copied the most?

• Total voters
What a good episode! I was expecting Kafka to save vice captain but when captain showed up I thought (oh maybe this is to show how one day they won't be so dependent on Kafka) and couldn't expect that ending at all!!!

In my opinion the direction could have bought time in better occasions like extending the previous fight. When Kafka transforms and goes for the saving it should have being quick.

And arresting him at the end is definitely the best they could do. They don't have any the energy for another battle or the cold heart to not recognize they were saved but at the same time it is a fucking Kaiju and they can't be sure about his intentions specially after learning that there are other Kaijus that attacked them and could pretend to be humans.

Yeah that axe of her didn't fit her at all. But if I got it right it wasn't made for her she is just using because she is the strongest of the newbies. Maybe it was for someone else that died in combat and couldn't use. Maybe they explore this theme better later in series and she gets a weapon that fits her.

I can't stop thinking now how underwhelming the captain looks even when compared to vice-captain. Vice-captain can only use blades effectively so he sucks against big monsters while captain is exactly the opposite but... Can he at least use the same weapon the newbies are using and do great against small monsters? Or she is made only to kill gigantic ones and need support to not be killed by smaller ones?

Meanwhile Kaiju No.8 is effective against both types.