Manga Discussion Kaiju No. 8

Who is your favorite character ?

• Total voters
Feels like this manga is coming to an end relatively soon 200 chapters at most unless a bigger threat than #9 shows up
I doubt it gets the ax now tbh, and we haven't even seen the Defense Forces from other countries yet.

I do think #9 is the final enemy of the Japanese Defense Force saga, though.

Mina dying would be one of the biggest plot twists ever. Imagine an enraged Kafka hunting #9 down
I don't think Mina will die, but it's #9's absorption trait that makes me worry.

How old is Kafta? 32 ?
Yup, it might not sound that old but when you compare him to other shonen MCs like Naruto (in his era), Ichigo, Tanjiro, Deku, Luffy, Yuji and a long ass etcetera, you quickly realize that his age isn't common.

Also, portraying him as a failure since chapter one is another extremely rare thing to see in Shonens. You usually see them starting their dream or getting involved in their respective plot lines but when you look at Kafka, at chapter 1 he is portrayed as someone who not only failed to achieve his dream but who also broke his promise to his best friend.

Yup, it might not sound that old but when you compare him to other shonen MCs like Naruto (in his era), Ichigo, Tanjiro, Deku, Luffy, Yuji and a long ass etcetera, you quickly realize that his age isn't common.

Also, portraying him as a failure since chapter one is another extremely rare thing to see in Shonens. You usually see them starting their dream or getting involved in their respective plot lines but when you look at Kafka, at chapter 1 he is portrayed as someone who not only failed to achieve his dream but who also broke his promise to his best friend.
True true