Manga Discussion Kaiju No. 8

Who is your favorite character ?

• Total voters
Man, why can't OP villains be half as smart and prepared as 9 is? He is terrifying, honestly. That 8.0 Kaiju Army is what the 500 Zoan users should have been!

Mina dying could give this manga quite the interesting turn around. Dark, but interesting
Nah, I see this as Kafka's story coming full circle.

When Mina saw Kafka again after years in Chapter 1, she was filled with upset because he could not keep his promise.

My guess is Chapter 100 will be the reversal of that: Kafka arrives to her rescue and she looks at him with pride.
Post automatically merged:

It stopped being a pure archetype shonen once it had a protagonist that isn't in his late 10s/20s, since shonens are targeted to a younger audience and thus, the MC tend to be younger. That's imo at least
You got a point. But, ironically enough, the Grandaddy of all Shounens, Dragon Ball , actually has adult protagonists. Goku is literally a grandad in GT, lmao.

Man, why can't OP villains be half as smart and prepared as 9 is? He is terrifying, honestly. That 8.0 Kaiju Army is what the 500 Zoan users should have been!

Nah, I see this as Kafka's story coming full circle.

When Mina saw Kafka again after years in Chapter 1, she was filled with upset because he could not keep his promise.

My guess is Chapter 100 will be the reversal of that: Kafka arrives to her rescue and she looks at him with pride.
Post automatically merged:

You got a point. But, ironically enough, the Grandaddy of all Shounens, Dragon Ball , actually has adult protagonists. Goku is literally a grandad in GT, lmao.
Goku became an adult towards the end of Z, in GT and in Super. You should count when the adventure started, OG DB and DBZ. In OG DB Goku was pretty much a kid and at the beginning of DBZ he was in his early 20s. 1 decade away from Kafka. You don't start acknowledging someone's age in the 3rd setting of the franchise...

Goku became an adult towards the end of Z, in GT and in Super. You should count when the adventure started, OG DB and DBZ. In OG DB Goku was pretty much a kid and at the beginning of DBZ he was in his early 20s. 1 decade away from Kafka. You don't start acknowledging someone's age in the 3rd setting of the franchise...
Admittedly in DBZ it was only a tacit acknowledgement.

Admittedly in DBZ it was only a tacit acknowledgement.
Dragon Ball as a whole started in chapter 1 of OG DB, not in DBZ just like Kaiju 8 started in Chapter 1 of Kaiju 8. You gotta compare how both series started and how their MC looked at the beginning not how it continued hundreds of chapters after.

Dragon Ball as a whole started in chapter 1 of OG DB, not in DBZ just like Kaiju 8 started in Chapter 1 of Kaiju 8. You gotta compare how both series started and how their MC looked at the beginning not how it continued hundreds of chapters after.
There is another successful Shounen series that is a better comparison to Kaiju No. 8 than DB, but I don't wanna name it due to what the author did.

In any case, DBZ is the global success that surpassed even DB and we know DBZ Goku is a dad. Admittedly, I only said this because DBZ was released earlier in my country than DB as a kid, so I didn't even learn of DB until after Cell Game lol.

There is another successful Shounen series that is a better comparison to Kaiju No. 8 than DB, but I don't wanna name it due to what the author did.

In any case, DBZ is the global success that surpassed even DB and we know DBZ Goku is a dad. Admittedly, I only said this because DBZ was released earlier in my country than DB as a kid, so I didn't even learn of DB until after Cell Game lol.
Fair enough, it's weird that bro's already a dad at 23yo but oh well, guess Chi chi fooled him big time lmao.

Also, why won't you name that one? I'm hella curious now

Fair enough, it's weird that bro's already a dad at 23yo but oh well, guess Chi chi fooled him big time lmao.

Also, why won't you name that one? I'm hella curious now
Eh, Goku's age when be became a dad was not really a problem for me. At least, whenever he was around, he was, in his own way, caring. And GT, for all the bad writing in it, did prove that Goku is also a good grandpa.

As for the series that goes unnamed, it's the jidaigeki manga written by the mangaka whom Lolda used to be an assistant for before he started writing OP. You know.

Eh, Goku's age when be became a dad was not really a problem for me. At least, whenever he was around, he was, in his own way, caring. And GT, for all the bad writing in it, did prove that Goku is also a good grandpa.

As for the series that goes unnamed, it's the jidaigeki manga written by the mangaka whom Lolda used to be an assistant for before he started writing OP. You know.
Yeah, you can't really say that he's a bad dad when he sacrificed himself more than once for his kids. Granted, he wasn't that much around them but he always showed us that he cared about his family.

Honestly, no fucking clue lol.

Yeah, you can't really say that he's a bad dad when he sacrificed himself more than once for his kids. Granted, he wasn't that much around them but he always showed us that he cared about his family.
:goyea:

Honestly, no fucking clue lol.
Then, you're better off.

Let's talk about some other series, then, with an adult MC that became a Shounen hit: Hokuto no Ken.

Come to think of it, both DB and HNK are Shounen manga that originated in the 1980s and both have adult MCs (although, like you said, in DB it's a gradual process) and both became global hit. Does this mean younger MCs started becoming established Shounen tropes in the 1990s? :hope:

This may sound mean, but what makes Mina so special? Like she’s strong, but I don’t feel like she’s been shown to be THAT strong. Number 9 prioritized her over every other soldier. She good with guns, but she got speed blitzed so easily.

This may sound mean, but what makes Mina so special? Like she’s strong, but I don’t feel like she’s been shown to be THAT strong. Number 9 prioritized her over every other soldier. She good with guns, but she got speed blitzed so easily.
Probably because of her powers with fire arms. He wants to add that power to his army of monsters to make their ranged attacks even stronger