Manga Discussion Kaiju No. 8

Who is your favorite character ?

• Total voters

Light D Lamperouge

๐–‚๐–๐–†๐–™ ๐•ฎ๐–”๐–š๐–‘๐–‰ ๐•ณ๐–†๐–›๐–Š ๐•ญ๐–Š๐–Š๐–“
โ€Ž
Tbf lost lot of hype when I saw the chara design lol
Same lol. Maybe they fixed it cuz of the immense backlash from the fans. And that's what they're gonna announce :pepecopium:

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
โ€Ž
The monster is badass with his swords arm

Too bad we are not seeing more about him.

Hoshina past and new style is kinda mid. Nothing really original here

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
โ€Ž
And I didn't really get how 1 sword is better than 2 against, other than surprise element
Itโ€™s a shonen, everything is about sword style, techniques etc

Often one sword quick draw is showcased as really powerful and one of the most strongest skill of a sword man skill set

And I didn't really get how 1 sword is better than 2 against, other than surprise element
Raw speed. We just saw that beautiful iaijutsu that he didn't accomplish with 2 swords previously. And also strength, he can hold the sword with both hands, something that probably adds more strength.
But imo, the most important thing is the change itself. #9 knows how his moveset, he knows his abilities, his skills and his attacks with 2 swords because he saw them but he didn't see how he fights with 1 sword and thus, he lacks that knowledge. The element of surprise pretty much

Itโ€™s a shonen, everything is about sword style, techniques etc

Often one sword quick draw is showcased as really powerful and one of the most strongest skill of a sword man skill set
Raw speed. We just saw that beautiful iaijutsu that he didn't accomplish with 2 swords previously. And also strength, he can hold the sword with both hands, something that probably adds more strength.
But imo, the most important thing is the change itself. #9 knows how his moveset, he knows his abilities, his skills and his attacks with 2 swords because he saw them but he didn't see how he fights with 1 sword and thus, he lacks that knowledge. The element of surprise pretty much

Oh, I didn't think of having a two-handed sword, indeed the impact must be stronger!
And about the speed as well, plus more agility.

The unpredictability tops it all though, because of the monster was tailored to Hoshina's fighting style, changing the style should definitely help as all Hoshina's moves are suddenly not predictable and the Kaiju has to adapt.

Oh, I didn't think of having a two-handed sword, indeed the impact must be stronger!
And about the speed as well, plus more agility.

The unpredictability tops it all though, because of the monster was tailored to Hoshina's fighting style, changing the style should definitely help as all Hoshina's moves are suddenly not predictable and the Kaiju has to adapt.
Correct, more speed, possibly more strength per slide and being unpredictable should be enough imo

I hope sword monster is not finished yet or this fight would be fucking lame

I like that monster he was quite cool with classy moves

all of the tailored monsters will be defeated soon or very soon

tbh, I would like to get more lore at this point, like where do they come from, how they are created, why do they wreck havoc and so onโ€ฆ. Fights are nice, but I want the plot to progress as well.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
โ€Ž

tbh, I would like to get more lore at this point, like where do they come from, how they are created, why do they wreck havoc and so onโ€ฆ. Fights are nice, but I want the plot to progress as well.
Fights are a bit lame for now

The good guys struggling and then winning quickly after a PU is a boring.
Except for maybe Kikoru is didnโ€™t feel the struggle at all,
And the formula is frankly a bit outdated

They are slowly fumbling the bag with the series. Nothing extreme granted, but the thing that made my love the manga earlier on is vanishing and the biweekly schedule doesn't help

Fights are a bit lame for now

The good guys struggling and then winning quickly after a PU is a boring.
Except for maybe Kikoru is didnโ€™t feel the struggle at all,
And the formula is frankly a bit outdated
yeah, it does feel repetitive, like why the hell every hero has the same revelation at the same time? It would be more believable if some of them lost, and what I liked with Hoshina is that itโ€™s not like he got a PU, more like he has shown something he could always do but didnโ€™t use for reasons. Other than that - yeah, kinda lame.

They are slowly fumbling the bag with the series. Nothing extreme granted, but the thing that made my love the manga earlier on is vanishing and the biweekly schedule doesn't help
oh yeah, I picked this manga because it had a similar vibe to OnePunchMan, but also an older adorkable MC (given that Iโ€™m over 30, I enjoy stories where the protag isnโ€™t another youngling with a coming-of-age arc), and it seemed quite cool in the beginning. Bi-weekly releases definitely hurt the entertainment part.

oh well, maybe we will defeat the current big bad and then there will at least be some sort of explanations where the Kaijous come fromโ€ฆ as much as heel-face turn is overused, there is a possibility that those human-like monsters may end up living peacefully in the world, they seem to have some humanity in themโ€ฆ.

yeah, it does feel repetitive, like why the hell every hero has the same revelation at the same time? It would be more believable if some of them lost, and what I liked with Hoshina is that itโ€™s not like he got a PU, more like he has shown something he could always do but didnโ€™t use for reasons. Other than that - yeah, kinda lame.

oh yeah, I picked this manga because it had a similar vibe to OnePunchMan, but also an older adorkable MC (given that Iโ€™m over 30, I enjoy stories where the protag isnโ€™t another youngling with a coming-of-age arc), and it seemed quite cool in the beginning. Bi-weekly releases definitely hurt the entertainment part.

oh well, maybe we will defeat the current big bad and then there will at least be some sort of explanations where the Kaijous come fromโ€ฆ as much as heel-face turn is overused, there is a possibility that those human-like monsters may end up living peacefully in the world, they seem to have some humanity in themโ€ฆ.
Honestly, it might be better to drop the manga and let it accumulate a few chapters. I was giving it a solid 8.5/9 at the beginning and now that I'm reading it biweekly I'd give it a 7. Which is still quite good but not good enough you feel me?

I really want to see this Kaiju in action lol.
Watch the mouths shoot beams of energy or sum like that

Honestly, it might be better to drop the manga and let it accumulate a few chapters. I was giving it a solid 8.5/9 at the beginning and now that I'm reading it biweekly I'd give it a 7. Which is still quite good but not good enough you feel me?
Yeah, I can see where you are coming from, I did re-read some of One Pieces arcs and, say, WCI felt a lot better on a weekly read. Even my top fav ones now which are Dandadan and Sakamoto Days read a lot better in bulk, because otherwise chapters feel way too short :)

Yeah, I can see where you are coming from, I did re-read some of One Pieces arcs and, say, WCI felt a lot better on a weekly read. Even my top fav ones now which are Dandadan and Sakamoto Days read a lot better in bulk, because otherwise chapters feel way too short :)
I really don't get why it isn't a weekly release with some breaks like the rest of the authors. Much better for the fandom. Like, imagine a biweekly One Piece... We'd be on Punk Hazard/FM Island right now lmao

I really don't get why it isn't a weekly release with some breaks like the rest of the authors. Much better for the fandom. Like, imagine a biweekly One Piece... We'd be on Punk Hazard/FM Island right now lmao
Yeah, or switch to monthly with a longer and more substantial chapters. Anyways, since we get to read everything for free, I cannot complain much and wish great health and financial stability to mangakas!