Versus Battle Kenjaku's Domain Expansion & the Gojo vs Sukuna debate - a thread.

So a lot of Sukunabros told me that Malevolent Shrine is a "Godlike" Domain Expansion as Sukuna can expand an "open-barrier" Domain, like painting not on a canvas but on a thin air & that it would neg diff my boy Gojo.

But recently, we saw Kenjaku do the same thing - with Tengen literally spelling out that Kenjaku's DE feat was on the same level as Sukuna's.​

Tengen: "Sukuna demonstrated this in Shibuya. It is an amazing feat in which he opens his Domain and activates a Technique without closing the Barrier." --- ch. 206

But then the same Kenjaku, literally spells out that Gojo is too strong for him to get away with his plans and meticulously planned with 4 Disasters & Choso to seal him with a Prison Realm instead of beating him in open battle.

Kenjaku: "You know, you're just too strong. You're in the way of my plans." --- ch. 090

My question to the Sukuna Legion is just 1 thing - why is someone with the same level of Domain Expansion as Ryomen Sukuna himself openly accepting his inferiority from his own words & actions, to Satoru Gojo? :quest:

Let the mental gymnastics begin! :risiup:

This alone does not mean it is on the same level as Sukuna's domain.
All Tengen says is that he replicated the feat of producing a domain without a barrier, which is a categorical statement. He never mentions anything about potency. While of course it is still an impressive feat for Kenjaku, just because Kenjaku possesses this CATEGORY of domain, and Kenjaku admits inferiority to Gojo, does not inherently mean that this would necessitate Sukuna being inferior too.

This is the same dude who has run into multiple six eyes and limitless users over the years and still thinks Sukuna is stronger than them, and had sukuna as a contingency plan if prison realm didn't work out, the only reason in fact he DIDNT trust Sukuna was because of how Sukuna operates. The dude only lives for himself.

Think you're looking a bit too far into it.

Bruh,
Kenjaku's plan never succeeded because of six eyes. Here you go wiki article on six eyes that explain Ken got defeated twice and killed an infant six eyes user but still failed, hence he planned to seal six eyes user this time.
Gojo reigns supreme. Sukuna is alive because of Gojo's mercy. You can say Gojo is soft, but he want the next gen to step up.
All that aside, you cant say Kenjaku can beat Gojo's domain. Are you being serious rn?
History records tell us that Sukuna was also defeated. But there is no mention of six eyes user getting defeated. Gojo was outsmarted this time, that's all.
Sukuna wasn't defeated, bro. That's the point of him being the King. All the sorcerers got together and they still couldn't beat him. How he died and sealed his power in his fingers is still a mystery, but it's likely connected to each other.

If Kenjaku's Domain would beat Gojo's, he'd easily beat him simply by forcing a DE battle lol.

15 Finger Sukuna had access to almost all of his Techniques. They get more powerful as more of his Fingers are ingested, doesnt grant him new Techniques.

We literally don't know this at all as we have 0 actual knowledge on the limits of Sukunas capabilities or techniques. We just know he possesses what seems to be multiple.
Post automatically merged:

And this is where you’re wrong kiddo. We explicitly have confirmation that Mahoraga defeated a Gojo clan member with Six Eyes AND Infinity.

And guess who defeated Mahoraga. 15 finger Sukuna.

uh oh
Kenjaku has also run into multiple six eyes users that possessed the limitless CT and still verbatim says that Sukuna is the strongest sorceror he knows without any reservations

Bruh,
Kenjaku's plan never succeeded because of six eyes. Here you go wiki article on six eyes that explain Ken got defeated twice and killed an infant six eyes user but still failed, hence he planned to seal six eyes user this time.
Gojo reigns supreme. Sukuna is alive because of Gojo's mercy. You can say Gojo is soft, but he want the next gen to step up.
All that aside, you cant say Kenjaku can beat Gojo's domain. Are you being serious rn?
History records tell us that Sukuna was also defeated. But there is no mention of six eyes user getting defeated. Gojo was outsmarted this time, that's all.
a SiX eYeS uSer hAs nEvER beeN defeaTEd

Bro forgot to read the manga 💀

a SiX eYeS uSer hAs nEvER beeN defeaTEd

Bro forgot to read the manga 💀
Idk why people assume Gojo was talking about Mahoraga here as the reason the Six eyes were killed. At least in the context of the Mahoraga ritual, and not tamed Mahoraga.

The point of his talks with Megumi is that Megumi needs to push himself, but not sacrifice himself in order to win. And then he proceeds to sacrifice himself by summoning Mahoraga and needs to be saved by Sukuna lol

Gojo was hyping a full power Ten Shadows, clearly. And it still took him dying to kill off the Six Eyes as well

While we're on the topic, I have a question for Gojobros!!!

How do you reconcile the fact that this panel, which very heavily implies that Sukuna eclipses Yuta's potential, i.e. "You're reaching your limit" "What surpasses the horizons of sorcerers, cursed spirits, and strong fighters is..." almost as if Gege made it a point to literally include every possible relevant archetype in the verse, i.e. the kenjakus, the jogos, the tojis, etc.

And that in Gojo's OWN estimation with direct knowledge on the situation, is of the opinion that Yuta's potential even eclipses his own.
Post automatically merged:

Idk why people assume Gojo was talking about Mahoraga here as the reason the Six eyes were killed. At least in the context of the Mahoraga ritual, and not tamed Mahoraga.

The point of his talks with Megumi is that Megumi needs to push himself, but not sacrifice himself in order to win. And then he proceeds to sacrifice himself by summoning Mahoraga and needs to be saved by Sukuna lol

Gojo was hyping a full power Ten Shadows, clearly. And it still took him dying to kill off the Six Eyes as well

People assume it because of the implication made by Megumi

People assume it because of the implication made by Megumi

Megumi had no way of knowing anything about the history of the Zen'in since he wasn't part of the household by that point at all, and all his knowledge relied on what Gojo would tell him.

His assumptions are just that, and tie back to his nature as a person, which is to sacrifice himself and die so that others might live. That's why he jumped straight to the conclusion that "oh yeah, the head of the clan must have sacrificed himself in the ritual" while we've seen that 15 finger Sukuna destroyed Mahoraga in the same ritual. A Six Eyes+Limitless user has at least the same hype to do that.

The likelier outcome is that the Ten Shadows user had tamed it already, and maybe even had a domain of their own.

Megumi had no way of knowing anything about the history of the Zen'in since he wasn't part of the household by that point at all, and all his knowledge relied on what Gojo would tell him.

His assumptions are just that, and tie back to his nature as a person, which is to sacrifice himself and die so that others might live. That's why he jumped straight to the conclusion that "oh yeah, the head of the clan must have sacrificed himself in the ritual" while we've seen that 15 finger Sukuna destroyed Mahoraga in the same ritual. A Six Eyes+Limitless user has at least the same hype to do that.

The likelier outcome is that the Ten Shadows user had tamed it already, and maybe even had a domain of their own.

I'm not saying he's right, I'm just giving the reason for why people think it was Mahoraga.

I'm not saying he's right, I'm just giving the reason for why people think it was Mahoraga.
Fair enough

For your other point, regarding Sukuna hype from Uro:

She doesn't know about Satoru Gojo, first of all.
Gojo hyped Yuta as someone who can be his equal, not surpass him* (iirc, don't remember it word for word so if there's a correction, I'll welcome it)
And Gojo is the one that was called the pinnacle of strength by the author

RayanOO

Lazy is the way

So a lot of Sukunabros told me that Malevolent Shrine is a "Godlike" Domain Expansion as Sukuna can expand an "open-barrier" Domain, like painting not on a canvas but on a thin air & that it would neg diff my boy Gojo.

But recently, we saw Kenjaku do the same thing - with Tengen literally spelling out that Kenjaku's DE feat was on the same level as Sukuna's.​

Tengen: "Sukuna demonstrated this in Shibuya. It is an amazing feat in which he opens his Domain and activates a Technique without closing the Barrier." --- ch. 206

But then the same Kenjaku, literally spells out that Gojo is too strong for him to get away with his plans and meticulously planned with 4 Disasters & Choso to seal him with a Prison Realm instead of beating him in open battle.

Kenjaku: "You know, you're just too strong. You're in the way of my plans." --- ch. 090

My question to the Sukuna Legion is just 1 thing - why is someone with the same level of Domain Expansion as Ryomen Sukuna himself openly accepting his inferiority from his own words & actions, to Satoru Gojo? :quest:

Let the mental gymnastics begin! :risiup:

Poor comparison my friend :whitepress:

Btw Sukuna => Gojo, as always :goyea:

Fair enough

For your other point, regarding Sukuna hype from Uro:

She doesn't know about Satoru Gojo, first of all.
Gojo hyped Yuta as someone who can be his equal, not surpass him* (iirc, don't remember it word for word so if there's a correction, I'll welcome it)
And Gojo is the one that was called the pinnacle of strength by the author

Right of course she doesn't know about Gojo, but I feel as though this is Gege's way of telling is information through her, and I expect that to be expounded on later in the story anyway.

In the anime which gege closely supervised and even approved of some scenes to be added in that weren't in the manga, Gojo specifically says that Yuta, Yuji, Megumi, and Hakari all have the potential to surpass him, and even goes so far as to say that they'll be forced to create something above special grade to classify them, which obviously, isn't the case for Gojo.\

That to me always seemed to refer to moreso a general tier, as I already explained, Gojo thinks his students can surpass him, or at worst be on his level. So interpreting it as if he's alone above everyone else in terms throughout the entire verse including everyone's full potential, to me doesn't seem like what Gege is going for with these other pieces of dialogue.

Right of course she doesn't know about Gojo, but I feel as though this is Gege's way of telling is information through her, and I expect that to be expounded on later in the story anyway.

In the anime which gege closely supervised and even approved of some scenes to be added in that weren't in the manga, Gojo specifically says that Yuta, Yuji, Megumi, and Hakari all have the potential to surpass him, and even goes so far as to say that they'll be forced to create something above special grade to classify them, which obviously, isn't the case for Gojo.\

That to me always seemed to refer to moreso a general tier, as I already explained, Gojo thinks his students can surpass him, or at worst be on his level. So interpreting it as if he's alone above everyone else in terms throughout the entire verse including everyone's full potential, to me doesn't seem like what Gege is going for with these other pieces of dialogue.
If we were to talk about the rank of special grade, then it would be remiss not to point out that Gojo is marked as Special Grade solely because that is the highest rank they have. Yuki is also SG, but the difference between her and Gojo doesn't even have to be pointed out, wouldn't you agree?

I still hold Sukuna and Gojo to be the two strongest guys bar none. Unbeatable, which was proven in Shibuya as well, where Gojo wasn't beaten but outmanuevered and had to be written out, basically.

If we were to talk about the rank of special grade, then it would be remiss not to point out that Gojo is marked as Special Grade solely because that is the highest rank they have. Yuki is also SG, but the difference between her and Gojo doesn't even have to be pointed out, wouldn't you agree?

I still hold Sukuna and Gojo to be the two strongest guys bar none. Unbeatable, which was proven in Shibuya as well, where Gojo wasn't beaten but outmanuevered and had to be written out, basically.

I'd agree that's probably because it's the highest rank they have. But basically what Gojo says is that these guys have the potential to be SO strong that the higher ups would be FORCED to create something else beyond special grade. Which to me at least implies Gojo doesn't meet that bar (for whatever reason)

I'd agree that's probably because it's the highest rank they have. But basically what Gojo says is that these guys have the potential to be SO strong that the higher ups would be FORCED to create something else beyond special grade. Which to me at least implies Gojo doesn't meet that bar (for whatever reason)
I mean, I agree to a certain extent that the CG will produce sorcerers who might be above the SG level. But Gojo is still above that.

And character wise, Gojo is all in on nurturing the next gen. Of course his wish is for them to suroass him, but that doesn't have to mean it's set in stone. Characters are still characters and not just the author's mouthpieces that only spit facts - they're biased as well.

Gojo also said he could beat full powered Sukuna. That's a fact, too, right? Or was it just Gojo being arrogant? Lol

Besides, only two guys got the "honored one" tag, and it ain't Yuta, Yuji nor Hakari.

Worst

Custom title
Gojo also said he could beat full powered Sukuna. That's a fact, too, right? Or was it just Gojo being arrogant? Lol
I think it's a mix of both lol

Regardless no one is neg diffing the other, but if i have to put my money on someone it'll be Sukuna i think it will take more than Gojo to defeat him....

As for the domain feat, it make sense, Kenjaku had 1k+ years to learn how to do it, it would be weird if he didn't knew a thing or two

While Sukuna probably mastered in different circumstances, and that's why it was labeled as a " divine technique " he probably refined it to it's maximum potential

I think it's a mix of both lol

Regardless no one is neg diffing the other, but if i have to put my money on someone it'll be Sukuna i think it will take more than Gojo to defeat him....

As for the domain feat, it make sense, Kenjaku had 1k+ years to learn how to do it, it would be weird if he didn't knew a thing or two

While Sukuna probably mastered in different circumstances, and that's why it was labeled as a " divine technique " he probably refined it to it's maximum potential
Yeah, that's basically what I wrote before too. Different ways towards the same goal