Chapter Discussion Kidd haters, APOLOGIZE NOW!

It's CoC. Similarly a previous chapter when she recovered. Similarly when she used her scream with CoC.
Never said it wasn't CoC, just denying the fanboy assumption that she's using AdCoC to deflect against Midds attack. When she's clearly using Soul Pocus to get stronger and CoC just happens to be realised, just like it happen to release when she healed herself 🤷🏾‍♂️
Post automatically merged:

More like your headcanon, when in the last 200 chapters was Soul Pocus shown with Black Lightning?
No just yours I'm afraid. When it was shown she releases it whenever she wants, case in point her releasing it as a side effect of her healing herself.
Manga clearly shows her trying (keyword is trying) to use her technique to grow stronger and Law stops her 🤷🏾‍♂️

Never said it wasn't CoC, just denying the fanboy assumption that she's using AdCoC to deflect against Midds attack. When she's clearly using Soul Pocus to get stronger and CoC just happens to be realised, just like it happen to release when she healed herself 🤷🏾‍♂️
This means that Kidd menaged to force Linlin in a immobile state with the first Damned Punk (while damaging her), then Linlin tried to deflect it by powering herself with souls (Soul Pocus) while unleashing her adv. CoC in a last stand.
After that, Law silenced her (stopping the summoning of souls) and Kidd finished her with the second Damned Punk.

Like, what's so difficult to get? It's not fanboy assumption, it's the dynamic of events.

Ngl, that translation saved me from a bit of emotional damage. I mean, I am no Kid fan but 1040 depressed me so much that I slowly started avoiding WG to cope.
I understand why a lot of users took It that way before the Viz but let me tell you that was non-sense anyway.
Even if the official translation was "tickling" that was still a bluff from Linlin, called out loud by Kidd & Law a few panels later.

I understand why a lot of users took It that way before the Viz but let me tell you that was non-sense anyway.
Even if the official translation was "tickling" that was still a bluff from Linlin, called out loud by Kidd & Law a few panels later.
Yeah Kidd and Law still implied she was near her end calling her a dying old hag. That's the state they put her in and people have to remember they broke her bones with weaker attack combos.

This means that Kidd menaged to force Linlin in a immobile state with the first Damned Punk (while damaging her), then Linlin tried to deflect it by powering herself with souls (Soul Pocus) while unleashing her adv. CoC in a last stand.
After that, Law silenced her (stopping the summoning of souls) and Kidd finished her with the second Damned Punk.

Like, what's so difficult to get? It's not fanboy assumption, it's the dynamic of events.
No it means she was put in a state in were she needed to absorb souls to get stronger (Soul Pocus) which so happens to also make her release CoC, Law stopped before could get stronger. She was just about strong enough taking that attack but she's suddenly going to deflect it? Okay makes sense.
Law silenced her before she could get them souls TO deflect Midds attack. You're running with her already having done that, which is baseless, so yes headcanon.

She got attacked, she tried getting stronger to deflect, Law silenced her and then Midd pushed her down. What's so difficult to understand?

Look she just used her healing ability and CoC was released as a result. What was she deflecting?

More like your headcanon, when in the last 200 chapters was Soul Pocus shown with Black Lightning?
Last chapter when she gave life to her bones. And she got better.

Now she gets even more life and she exudes even more black lightings.

The fCt that it is only in the panel she managed to take life from the beadt pirates reinforces it. Why would she suddenly stop using it after and didn't use it before?

Law silenced her before she could get them souls TO deflect Midds attack. You're running with her already having done that, which is baseless, so yes headcanon.
No I didn't say she already deflected the Damned Punk (in that case Kidd would've been hit by it) I'm saying that the first Damned Punk was already, slowly, making through her and the CoC release was a desperate attempt to block It/deflect It/nullify It.
It didn't work tho and Kidd forced her in hell with the second Damned Punk.

No it means she was put in a state in were she needed to absorb souls to get stronger (Soul Pocus) which so happens to also make her release CoC, Law stopped before could get stronger. She was just about strong enough taking that attack but she's suddenly going to deflect it? Okay makes sense.

She got attacked, she tried getting stronger to deflect, Law silenced her and then Midd pushed her down. What's so difficult to understand?

Look she just used her healing ability and CoC was released as a result. What was she deflecting?

She could be exuding adCoC like Zoro did to push King off

I don’t think the idea of her using adCoC to deflect Kid’s rail gun is far fetched.

No I didn't say she already deflected the Damned Punk (in that case Kidd would've been hit by it) I'm saying that the first Damned Punk was already, slowly, making through her and the CoC release was a desperate attempt to block It/deflect It/nullify It.
It didn't work tho and Kidd forced her in hell with the second Damned Punk.
I'm saying the CoC release came as a result of her using Soul Pocus, just as it did when she used her Soul ability to heal herself. Everything else I agree with but that 🤷🏾‍♂️

She could be exuding adCoC like Zoro did to push King off

I don’t think the idea of her using adCoC to deflect Kid’s rail gun is far fetched.
It wouldn't be if we hadn't already seen her releasing AdCoC as a result of using her Soul powers.

Last chapter when she gave life to her bones. And she got better.

Now she gets even more life and she exudes even more black lightings.

The fCt that it is only in the panel she managed to take life from the beadt pirates reinforces it. Why would she suddenly stop using it after and didn't use it before?
Exactly why wouldn't she use it as a counter to Law's fruit but only for Kidd? You'd have to go through some hefty mental gymnastics to come to that conclusion

I'm saying the CoC release came as a result of her using Soul Pocus, just as it did when she used her Soul ability to heal herself. Everything else I agree with but that 🤷🏾‍♂️

It wouldn't be if we hadn't already seen her releasing AdCoC as a result of using her Soul powers.

Exactly why wouldn't she use it as a counter to Law's fruit but only for Kidd? You'd have to go through some hefty mental gymnastics to come to that conclusion
Law’s fruit bypasses her defense. We saw him hurt Kaido with injection shot despite Kaido being coated in adCoC 24/7

also I am saying it’s possible that is an adCoC burst when she healed herself

Law’s fruit bypasses her defense. We saw him hurt Kaido with injection shot despite Kaido being coated in adCoC 24/7

Need proof that haki coated body. So Law can counter Kaido's apparent AdCoC covered body, but he can't separate them because Kaido's Haki is stronger? How does make sense to you?

And I'm saying it is also a burst of AdCoC when she's trying to use Soul Pocus

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
Yeah, I think everyone understands that she's trying to act tough but the translation did help in making it seem more underwhelming.

But the release of CoC is not obligatory when using Soul Pocus, in fact it was the first time Linlin used it in a similar situation.
Pretty sure Oda's intent was to show that Linlin was giving everithing to resist that attack, so using CoC for a defense purpose too.

But you can call me fanboy...

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ

Kaido's not coated in COC 24/7 and Law never said that it's their external defense that's preventing him from teleporting them.

But the release of CoC is not obligatory when using Soul Pocus, in fact it was the first time Linlin used it in a similar situation.
Pretty sure Oda's intent was to show that Linlin was giving everithing to resist that attack, so using CoC for a defense purpose too.

But you can call me fanboy...
Didn't say it was. The fact that she's been shown to release it whilst using her Soul powers makes me say it was due to her using her Soul powers and nothing more.
That's how you Interpret it. I'm pretty sure he's just showing her trying to power up but being stopped by Law and the AdCoC burst stopping as a result.

No we just disagree is all

Need proof that haki coated body. So Law can counter Kaido's apparent AdCoC covered body, but he can't separate them because Kaido's Haki is stronger? How does make sense to you?

And I'm saying it is also a burst of AdCoC when she's trying to use Soul Pocus
I’m at work so I can’t provide the panels so I’ll try to create some references

1. Luffy ask Kaido “you coat yourself in conquerors haki?” In chapter 1010 after being hit by Ragnaraku.

2. Luffy’ hits are different from when Kaido hits non adCoC users. For example Ragnaraku and Thunder Bagua both physically hit the victim

3. Law’s haki counter is for shambles, which is an extremely OP ability to begin with so it could be seen as a nerf. In story one could argue that characters with large haki won’t be moved against their will, while a direct attack is a different manner