Character Discussion King and Shiryu similarities

yeah Laffitte goated. not to mention Sengoku was also there and he didn't even notice him.
I see your getting on the "Laffitte>>>>>>Shiryu" train eraly.
Not really. Both need to show more. Shiryu's hype isnt really that good tbh. Being Magellan's equal, with Magellan being a low High Tier/High Mid Tier at best. Then stealing Absaldom's fruit....which isnt really that good since Sanji's shown the ability to eaaily counter it.

Of course maybe Shiryu's make it better when he has it. But still....he hasnt shown me much to think hes that hype !

Not really. Both need to show more. Shiryu's hype isnt really that good tbh. Being Magellan's equal, with Magellan being a low High Tier/High Mid Tier at best. Then stealing Absaldom's fruit....which isnt really that good since Sanji's shown the ability to eaaily counter it.

Of course maybe Shiryu's make it better when he has it. But still....he hasnt shown me much to think hes that hype !
You learned from king didn't you. Already downplaying the second strongest instead of claiming Sanji will fight him

They are the top dogs of two Emperors (Kaido and Teach respectively)
Their character design are really similar (black suit, same skull patches, very similar sword)

Do you think they are connected somehow or is just a coincidence?
Some people think that King was Impel Down director before Magellan and Shiryu, what do you think?
Nah don't think they have much similarities except the fact that Oda can be very unoriginal in character designs sometimes

King could be the one who made Kaido escape level 6 once (possibly being an Impel Down high ranking) and from then Kaido took him as his trusted man
Problem is that if i remember correctly nobody before escaped Impel Down except for Shiki
I would wonder how did King manage to do that however.

Impel Down was an unexploitable fortress.

Shiki had to his cut his own legs in order to escape that hell lol.