General & Others King of hell = becoming wss

Yeah you kind of have a point here and your analysis could have some weight but there’s one thing that unfortunately goes against all this

Oda doesn’t care this much about Zoro

Oda didn’t put as much thought connecting all these pieces as you’re trying to.

1. Zoro’s near death thing is unimportant. It’s just a hallucination Zoro had and it doesn’t mean anything.

2. Zoro calls S-hawk more human as just a power scaling thing because Oda knows people will obviously expect Zoro to compare S-hawk with Mihawk. That’s statement only exists to tell the audience that mihawk is stronger than S-hawk

3. Zoans and Swords are unconnected. Zoans were given “personalities” simply as a retcon for Luffy’s chosen one Nika fruit. Swords have personalities as a trope of Japanese sword fiction. This kind of vague “sword personality” stuff is in majority of samurai stories even ones where there’s nothing supernatural in the story they still talk about sword personalities. The reason why Enma has a superpower and Wado ichimonji does not yet they were both made by the same person and they are the same rank is because ODA JUST SAID SO. There is no in-world explanation for it, it just exists because Oda wants it to exist.

4. also Zoro says he’s the King of Hell already so your analysis is already wrong on that part

Mihawk is WSS because he can win every fight with a swordsman and that is all that will happen when Zoro becomes WSS. There is no further deeper lore to WSS because Oda DOESNOT CARE ABOUT ANY OF THIS TO GIVE IT MORE LORE
Just because it all wasn’t done in wano doesn’t mean oda doesn’t care about zoro or dropped every zoro related plot point

Like for example Zoro’s connection to ryuma is eventually going to be relevant in some way. It won’t receive as much focus as luffy’s connection to idk joyboy but it’ll eventually be relevant in some way shape or form

And he doesn’t say he’s the koh now tho. Just says he’ll become the king of hell. Which fits king asking if he intends to be a king

Also it just feels cheap imo if it isn’t based on zoro’s aspirations. Without that it doesn’t really hold much of any type of meaning on how he views being the koh means

Hopefully his fight with shiryu the swordsman from hell aka impel down fleshes out a bit what it means to zoro

He’s saying that in his quest to become the WSS he would even become the king of hell. Remember his dream was for his name to reach the heavens so that Kuina will know he accomplished their dream. And if he needs to condemn himself and become the king of hell to reach such heights, he will.

Not that being the WSS means being the king of hell.

He’s saying that in his quest to become the WSS he would even become the king of hell. Remember his dream was for his name to reach the heavens so that Kuina will know he accomplished their dream. And if he needs to condemn himself and become the king of hell to reach such heights, he will.

Not that being the WSS means being the king of hell.
Zoro’s route to become the wss also involves him specifically becoming the king of hell. I don’t think that’s applicable to everyone just zoro in this case. For him it’s one in the same or the same goal

Tho while saying that I do think the hell and death themes fight also hint/foreshadow mihawk stuff
Like him being an actual vampire in a way could be cool. Like him dying at one point and coming back to life with his soul and yoru’s becoming one imo could be hype
There’s also the whole thing of s-hawk being more human and maybe that’s the reason

Just because it all wasn’t done in wano doesn’t mean oda doesn’t care about zoro or dropped every zoro related plot point

Like for example Zoro’s connection to ryuma is eventually going to be relevant in some way. It won’t receive as much focus as luffy’s connection to idk joyboy but it’ll eventually be relevant in some way shape or form

And he doesn’t say he’s the koh now tho. Just says he’ll become the king of hell. Which fits king asking if he intends to be a king

Also it just feels cheap imo if it isn’t based on zoro’s aspirations. Without that it doesn’t really hold much of any type of meaning on how he views being the koh means

Hopefully his fight with shiryu the swordsman from hell aka impel down fleshes out a bit what it means to zoro
Becoming the king of hell=mastering enma
It's as simple as it can be

I feel like if it was that simple zoro would have instead alluded to oden when thinking about what king of king he’d be instead of his promise to become the wss
No because his dream is to become the wss, he was struggling with enma which was a stepping stone so in order to become the wss he need to master enma. As I already said it, enma=guardian of hell, koh is based on that

No because his dream is to become the wss, he was struggling with enma which was a stepping stone so in order to become the wss he need to master enma. As I already said it, enma=guardian of hell, koh is based on that
I know what you’re saying but taming enma like oden while a big achievement it still wasn’t what he was referring to when thinking about the king he wanted to be

Like oden tamed enma with no problems but I think for zoro becoming koh is bigger than just enma and taming it to that extent

Why do you think so?

I don’t understand why you think Ryuma will connect back later on? There is no stated plot line about any of that.

the Ryuma plot line was always Shusui… the moment we learned that Shusui was stolen from Wano, a plot line to return Shusui and learn about Ryuma was created… Done

there is no currently running plot line regarding Ryuma anymore. Not even Black blades are a Ryuma plot line since it’s clear that Zoro will only achieve a black blade when he fights mihawk so Ryuma is again not a factor

and this goes for everything else you’re saying… Zoro has never questioned the death hallucination so it’s not a plot line since Zoro doesn’t care about it… Zoro also doesn’t care about his heritage or connection with Ryuma so it’s didn’t matter in Wano same way it won’t matter later… and Zoro doesn’t care about his AdvCoC as a plot line so saying that he’s somehow fixated on this vague “king of hell” thing is random… Zoro calls himself king of hell as just a reference to Enma, the King of Hell… it’s just a reference

Dude, this campaign to over complicate Zoro’s dream never works… Zoro’s dream is simply to be the best fighter among a group of fighters… There’s nothing else to it

I know what you’re saying but taming enma like oden while a big achievement it still wasn’t what he was referring to when thinking about the king he wanted to be

Like oden tamed enma with no problems but I think for zoro becoming koh is bigger than just enma and taming it to that extent
The sword was made for him it was adapted to his usage hence why it drained zoro's whole haki since oden was a top tier the last time he used his sword. The sword he got when he was 8 is not the one he left when he was 40 something
Post automatically merged:

Bruh. The balls of calling lesser Mihawk and mini Oden leftover WSS candidates...
Yea they will that's just how it goes, zoro dreamed of something seemingly impossible just like these two will

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
Albino the tsundere Zoro fan... Lives Zoro, dreams Zoro, breathes Zoro... :milaugh:
King of Hell is just a representative of one of the 6 paths. Nothing more to it.
Next up is the complete opposite, path of the god. You are not prepared.

Why do you think so?

I don’t understand why you think Ryuma will connect back later on? There is no stated plot line about any of that.

the Ryuma plot line was always Shusui… the moment we learned that Shusui was stolen from Wano, a plot line to return Shusui and learn about Ryuma was created… Done

there is no currently running plot line regarding Ryuma anymore. Not even Black blades are a Ryuma plot line since it’s clear that Zoro will only achieve a black blade when he fights mihawk so Ryuma is again not a factor

and this goes for everything else you’re saying… Zoro has never questioned the death hallucination so it’s not a plot line since Zoro doesn’t care about it… Zoro also doesn’t care about his heritage or connection with Ryuma so it’s didn’t matter in Wano same way it won’t matter later… and Zoro doesn’t care about his AdvCoC as a plot line so saying that he’s somehow fixated on this vague “king of hell” thing is random… Zoro calls himself king of hell as just a reference to Enma, the King of Hell… it’s just a reference

Dude, this campaign to over complicate Zoro’s dream never works… Zoro’s dream is simply to be the best fighter among a group of fighters… There’s nothing else to it
Same reason I think sora will tie into Sanji or Usopp’s parallels to noland will be in some way relevant to him

Zoro’s ties to ryuma are more than just shusui. So in some way or another I think his ties to him will be relevant
Again it not all being tied up in wano doesn’t mean those plot lines are irrelevant

Zoro is an actual character outside of combat. He isn’t an emotionless robot like the pacifista or vinsmoke. He’s more

The sword was made for him it was adapted to his usage hence why it drained zoro's whole haki since oden was a top tier the last time he used his sword. The sword he got when he was 8 is not the one he left when he was 40 something
Post automatically merged:

Yea they will that's just how it goes, zoro dreamed of something seemingly impossible just like these two will
Kinda long but I disagree
Zoro was capable of using enma with no side effects before he landed on onigashima. We saw zoro using haki just fine before he even reached the roof
Zoro’s mastery over enma improved throughout wano and is still improving. Till he is able to use enma just as easily as oden

Against king it wasn’t like Zoro himself was holding back but more so enma was pushing zoro to grow and get stronger while using it. The only reason it wasn’t doing it before wasn’t because of haki specifically but just because it wasn’t necessary
Zoro needed to grow stronger to beat king and enma helped make it more possible

Imo it’s less so that enma just takes out the the max haki bar out of the individual but that it has its own haki bar
Like if we use oden, zoro, and kinemon for example
  1. Odens haki pool was so large and powerful that enma was able to have its bar full. Meaning with oden enma was always at max output
    • I could be wrong but I assume 4 year old oden’s haki wasn’t at the level he could just casually release that much haki. Like yeah he was a born monster but that would be crazy lol (…and hype)
  2. Zoro at the moment his haki isn’t on the level where he can just casually use enma use enma at its max output. He can temporarily do it when he has the green smoke but it’s gonna be a bit longer till he can do it as casual as oden
  3. Kinemon obviously never used enma but let’s say he hypothetically did. It being kinemon specifically doesn’t matter to clarify just used him just because tbh. Okay back to the point
    • Realistically kinemon would never be able to fully utilize enma to its full power. Like if he were to hold it the best he can hope for is to just stop it from taking haki like zoro did the first time. Maybe and big maybe use it like zoro was trying to on the rooftop. Just trying to decide how much enma takes instead of going full koh

Zoro’s ties to ryuma are more than just shusui. So in some way or another I think his ties to him will be relevant
Again it not all being tied up in wano doesn’t mean those plot lines are irrelevant

Zoro is an actual character outside of combat. He isn’t an emotionless robot like the pacifista or vinsmoke. He’s more
But Zoro DOES NOT CARE or even KNOW about whatever ties he has to Ryuma

How can you expect that this is a plot line that matters when the PRINCIPLE CHARACTER it’s supposed to matter to DOES NOT CARE ABOUT IT?

Sanji at least cares somewhat about his germa heritage, Usopp cared enough about Noland to pretend he was his descendant… Zoro neither knows shit about Ryuma or CARES about his connection to him outside of said Shusui connection which Oda dropped offscreen

Zoro WAS an actual character and Oda had 150 chapters to try and develop him in Wano and he decided not to

also what you’re describing isn’t even character development… you’re describing vague plot lore… what the hell does “become the king of hell” have to do with Character development?

But Zoro DOES NOT CARE or even KNOW about whatever ties he has to Ryuma

How can you expect that this is a plot line that matters when the PRINCIPLE CHARACTER it’s supposed to matter to DOES NOT CARE ABOUT IT?

Sanji at least cares somewhat about his germa heritage, Usopp cared enough about Noland to pretend he was his descendant… Zoro neither knows shit about Ryuma or CARES about his connection to him outside of said Shusui connection which Oda dropped offscreen

Zoro WAS an actual character and Oda had 150 chapters to try and develop him in Wano and he decided not to

also what you’re describing isn’t even character development… you’re describing vague plot lore… what the hell does “become the king of hell” have to do with Character development?
Luffy does care about joyboy but that doesn’t stop him from being important to his strory. The ties are obviously important to their characters despite the fact they don’t care

Not gonna act I didn’t want more from zoro in wano but he did get a ton of focus in wano. He did have cool moments against orochi, kaido, and king where he got conquerors and announced the type of king he’d be

I think his path to become king of hell and wss could lead to interesting development for zoro. His core character is never going to change just like the rest of the characters but that doesn’t mean we can’t get new and interesting character moments

The King of Hell name is not hard to understand. It will be his new nickname in the future. Similar to how Rayleigh is called the Dark King. It's meant to show parallel between the two.

It comes from Zoro mastering enma and creating King of Hell style. It has nothing to do with WSS title.

Luffy does care about joyboy but that doesn’t stop him from being important to his strory. The ties are obviously important to their characters despite the fact they don’t care

Not gonna act I didn’t want more from zoro in wano but he did get a ton of focus in wano. He did have cool moments against orochi, kaido, and king where he got conquerors and announced the type of king he’d be

I think his path to become king of hell and wss could lead to interesting development for zoro. His core character is never going to change just like the rest of the characters but that doesn’t mean we can’t get new and interesting character moments
Luffy’s literal existence is Joyboy centric… we were told that he was CHOSEN BY DESTINY to be the Nika… Him not caring about it doesn’t stop the fact that plot is a chosen one plot… You’ve seen this before haven’t you? There’s very many chosen one plots where the guy doesn’t want to or doesn’t care about it and yet it’s his destiny nonetheless

“king of hell” is not Zoro’s destiny… it’s nothing…

the one vague “destiny” you could have ascribed to Zoro is Zoro becoming the new Ryuma of Wano… and that didn’t happen, Luffy is the new Ryuma of Wano

And you’re right, Zoro did have his “cool moments” in the ONE and ONLY Zoro centric arc in the entire story, Oda decided that all Zoro gets is his “cool moments”

there’s not going to be another Zoro sentence story every ever again so why would Oda suddenly decide that Zoro needs a character arc at the end of the story when he didn’t seem to need one in Wano?