Kingdom 757 chapter

riboku now pulling some power of friendship bullshit, peak shonen:risitameh:
that's some fairy tail bullshit, the writing was terrible this chapter
Alright, I am quoting here so we don't fill up the spoiler thread and so the Chapter thread actually gets some activity for once. Lol.

Anyway, I have actually had this exact conversation with a different user before regarding this topic of "friendship power".
Are you seriously questioning the concept of inherited will? The concept that Ouki outright explains why it is tied to a General’s weight all the way back in Chapter 165, a chapter that is literally called “Source of Strength”.

Also, a panel from Chapter 166 in which Ouki elaborates even further.

The same concept that has been the most important plot point, recurring theme and character motivation, all wrapped in one, since the very first chapter of Kingdom.

There should be no reason whatsoever to be upset or surprised that a concept that has been around since the very first chapter and that is intrinsically woven into the character arcs of Shin (the embodiment of said concept) and Houken (the antithesis of said concept), occurred in the final dual between Shin and Houken.
Really? Friends?
Sei Kyou was at best, an ally of convenience to Shin, Rinko was an enemy that respected Shin but an enemy nonetheless and Mangoku hated Shin and straight up threatened to haunt him if he did not keep his promise.

Or are we taking “friendship power” to mean any form of inner strength that is sourced from a character’s relationship to any other character, past or present? Does that mean characters who are motivated by the loss of their loved ones have “friendship power”?

Do characters that are motivated by revenge such as Guts, Goblin Slayer, The Punisher etc. now have “friendship power”? Lol.

It does. If the concept was first introduced in the Shin vs Houken dual then we would all be calling it a complete arse pull. Lol.

I wholeheartedly disagree. People will always push themselves to their limit in order to protect what and (in the case of the concept we are now discussing) who they hold most dear.

It is not an inherently bad concept. It is a concept that can be difficult to execute without coming off as cheesy but if executed correctly it is a simple but heartwarming concept that strikes a relatable cord with a basic element of our human nature, the desire to protect our own.

Which brings us to a different but related point.

As @Admiral Lee Hung once eloquently said...

In a manga about humanity, could Hara actually avoid the concept of people drawing strength from their connections and relationships to others? Of our desire to protect those or the memory of those (as is the case of inherited will) who are dear to us, no matter the cost? Of one of the most basic traits that makes humanity ultimately, human?

The answer in my opinion, is no. For Hara to avoid such a basic concept that is inherently part of human nature in a manga about humanity would be akin to attempting to write a love story without romance.

Ultimately, Hara chose the spiritual route of “friendship power”/motivation through character relationships/whatever you perceive it as, through the concept of Inherited Will.

Arguing that a concept within a series is inherently bad merely because other series have explored the concept is like arguing that Burger King’s burgers are inherently bad because MacDonald’s, Supermac’s, KFC and Eddie Rocket’s also serve burgers, regardless of whatever seasoning, condiments, sauces or side dishes each outlet serves with their respective burgers.

It is not so much the basic concept within a story that matters but the execution of said concept.

I know people hate "power of friendship" in the shounen context, but it's not an invention of any author. It's a universal, human truth well documented and evident throughout our history as a species.

You could never hate an enemy as much as you love a loved on.

People will always fight harder to protect what they love than to destroy what they hate.

And it's not just people. We've seen in it countless species of animals. We've seen how far animals will go to protect their offspring. Granted, that may not be love as we understand it, but the point is that the instinct and drive to protect is stronger than any desire to destroy could ever be.

Last edited:
Yep, as i said earlier, Ogiko,Maron and Saki Clan will join HSA and be member of General Naki(Clan Naki).

Maybe after this campaign Shin will be consider as GG?

I liking to see HSA become one of the strongest army in China right now.

General Kyoukai and General Naki will be boths under GG Shin.

RIP my man Zenou, i wanted Bananji to kill you, but JKR is alright.

Seika Army is becoming a 6GG level Army, with Renpa and Ouki's army.

If it’s just the Saki clan, Ma Ron and Ogiko, I don’t think any of them will join the HSA.

I could sooner see them all retire. Saki go be farmers. Ma Ron becomes some kind attendant or aid and looks after Ogiko.
Post automatically merged:

Created a poll.

Q: Will Shin keep Kan Ki's pendant and be appointed to the Six Great Generals after the Zhao Retaliation Arc?

Options:
A) Shin will keep the pendant AND become a Six Great General
B) Shin will keep the pendant but WON'T be appointed a Six Great General
C) Shin will NEITHER keep the pendant NOR become a Six Great General
D) Shin will return the pendant AND be appointed a Six Great General

Last edited: