Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Poor

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Awful

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fantastic Chapter!! Seeing despair in the eyes of Futei and other Zhao guys was bit sad...
Kanki army guys storming through the gates shouting food was crazy xD
Feeling a bit sad for the mayor of Gyou...
Now I wonder what plan Ousen has....I also wonder if he sent any messenger to Kanyou asking for extra food supplies and support ( after Riboku army withdrew from Shukai plains)
Riboku seems confident that without food Qin guys will die on their own....

Ousen is real GOAT, to think he had come up with everything while sitting outside Gyou, amongst his soldiers fighting the enemies is admirable. It is confirmed, Ousen indeed mixed few of his Men, and he thought of a plan for food as well, you can see how careful to details Ousen plan was. He has won me again lol.

Ousen is real GOAT, to think he had come up with everything while sitting outside Gyou, amongst his soldiers fighting the enemies is admirable. It is confirmed, Ousen indeed mixed few of his Men, and he thought of a plan for food as well, you can see how careful to details Ousen plan was. He has won me again lol.
He was a key figure of the China Unification. So, I would expect non less from him. Prepare to witness more from him as he keeps on delivering..!!

When I read those last few panels at the end with it being revealed that Gyou had no food and that Ou Sen had a plan, the only thing that came to mind was cannibalism:eek: . Especially since the narration referred to it as shocking ^^". Right now the Qin army should still have access to a bunch Zhao citizens and refugees that were coped up in Gyou so if they feed on them, they'd be able to temporarily solve the food problem. If Ou Sen does go for cannibalism then he might only tell a select few generals under him. A less grim alternative tho I reckon, is for the Qin to kill off all of their horses and feed on them.

Also I wonder if Ousen might be thinking of abandoning the Qin soldiers that are yet to catch up. I've had bad vibes about them staying behind from the moment it was announced.

If Ou Sen does go for cannibalism then he might only tell a select few generals under him. A less grim alternative tho I reckon, is for the Qin to kill off all of their horses and feed on them.
How about OuSen used yellow river for transportation (though somehow did it discreetly). There's another option as well but that might be ptetty wild..... (use of either Koku You hills by SHK or ChouYou by Tou if OuSen asked for help). Lol
Also I wonder if Ousen might be thinking of abandoning the Qin soldiers that are yet to catch up. I've had bad vibes about them staying behind from the moment it was announced.
That's exactly what I'm expecting as well. Coz OuSen is moving inside while Riboku can easily slaughter them. Also when Qin army is short of food and even if they recieved some supplies out of wild, OuSen might not wanted to share them with overly injured soldiers or everyone in the army.

This arc along with his performance in coalition battle are at top of whole series. The way he defeated Ordo and than saved Kankoku pass was best. Lol

Now he has completely destroyed Riboku.

When I read those last few panels at the end with it being revealed that Gyou had no food and that Ou Sen had a plan, the only thing that came to mind was cannibalism:eek: . Especially since the narration referred to it as shocking ^^". Right now the Qin army should still have access to a bunch Zhao citizens and refugees that were coped up in Gyou so if they feed on them, they'd be able to temporarily solve the food problem. If Ou Sen does go for cannibalism then he might only tell a select few generals under him. A less grim alternative tho I reckon, is for the Qin to kill off all of their horses and feed on them.

:christain: I can’t even imagine him making such decisions. He ain’t no Kanki or other Commanders under Kanki. About abandoning the left over soldiers, I agree. Since Denrimi is leading them, they are on safe hands.
The food supply problem has to be solved by other means than cannibalising or slaughtering horses. It is stated that he had already thought a solution for the problem at hand which means he had pre-planned it back when Gyou was inspected by him. I want to be once again shocked by awe from his mighty contingency plan not some desperate last minute measure. :pepeshit:

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
OuSen is far better strategist than Riboku ans its undeniable fact now.

EDIT : previously i believed that either both are equal or riboku has edge but now i can't see Riboku as even equals to OuSen.
It is not a ranking discussion here but even if Riboku is on the loosing end for now it doesn't mean he is not a great great general. I think that Riboku won't fall before a last surprise or a last big achievement. He will surprise us one more time.

He can't win against the MCs. And to be fair Qin has more capable commanders and officers.

And Qin has still Tou and Moubu left. And also a guy like Shou Hei Kun. While Zhao has only the mysterious Shi Ba Shou.

About the chapter : good chapter

I like (I think it gave more weight to the story) that the Duke commited suicide.

KanKi army is quite the fun as always (Zenou).

I am curious of how OuSen will find a way around the lack of food. And I am quite worry about the soldiers who were left behind, there are almost no MCs there (except Kyoukai or some known members) so the plot can thunder them.

Last edited:
I think the forces Ousen left with Denrimi are meant to rob food from smaller villages on their way to Gyou, or somehow Ousen already sent word to Ryouyou ordering Yotanwa to send massive supplies to Kanki's HQ once Gyou falls.

These are the only options available now to solve the rations problem.
IIRC Yotanwa lost about half of her camps food supplies thanks to Heki's goof lolz so not sure she'd be in any position to send food supplies to the Ou Sen army. That said, Yotanwa was able to acquire the Quarong (I'm sure I spelled that wrong...lolz) amd their castle as a result of her exploits, so maybe ^^.

How about OuSen used yellow river for transportation (though somehow did it discreetly). There's another option as well but that might be ptetty wild..... (use of either Koku You hills by SHK or ChouYou by Tou if OuSen asked for help). Lol
hmnn...yellow river? was that what Ou Sen used to transport supplies to Zhao prior to the campaign starting?

That's exactly what I'm expecting as well. Coz OuSen is moving inside while Riboku can easily slaughter them. Also when Qin army is short of food and even if they recieved some supplies out of wild, OuSen might not wanted to share them with overly injured soldiers or everyone in the army.
Yh, I'm a bit worried about that bit. Particularly since Kyoukai is currently incapacitated and part of that group :catcry:

:christain: I can’t even imagine him making such decisions. He ain’t no Kanki or other Commanders under Kanki. About abandoning the left over soldiers, I agree. Since Denrimi is leading them, they are on safe hands.
The food supply problem has to be solved by other means than cannibalising or slaughtering horses. It is stated that he had already thought a solution for the problem at hand which means he had pre-planned it back when Gyou was inspected by him. I want to be once again shocked by awe from his mighty contingency plan not some desperate last minute measure. :pepeshit:
Lolz that xavier emoticon is hilarious :p . Given the circumstances, I still think cannibalism is one of the very few realistic options available to the Ou Sen army but will be interesting to see whatever Ou Sen comes up with :p. Also, I'd particularly like to see how Shin reacts to a scenario like given it goes against the very kinda Empire Sei is trying to build.

It is not a ranking discussion here but even if Riboku is on the loosing end for now it doesn't mean he is not a great great general. I think that Riboku won't fall before a last surprise or a last big achievement. He will surprise us one more time.
I never said as ranking system comparing many generals but just compared OuSen and Riboku coz previously either both considered equal or riboku having edge due portrayal set for Riboku since the beginning of the series.

But he lost even though he's at his home and has numerical advantage. Tactically OuSen destroyed him here.

About upcoming battles, yup some good news about to come for riboku but that isn't going to affect OuSen there. Even Renpa and Ouki are better than him......
He can't win against the MCs. And to be fair Qin has more capable commanders and officers.

And Qin has still Tou and Moubu left. And also a guy like Shou Hei Kun. While Zhao has only the mysterious Shi Ba Shou.
Nope bro. MCs also loses like in Bayou campaign.

Both sides had similar commanders or to be precise Zhao has better ones,

At RyouYou : As strategist SSJ and KouSenRyou vs YTW while counting commanders nearly both sides were similar or even there Zhao had edge.

Shukai plains: Riboku had Earl brothers, Kinmou , CGR, GyouUn, Banaji, Kisui, Batei, GG Houken etc . While OuSen only got Akou, Makao, SouOu, DenRimi and three young commanders who aren't even generals yet. Knowledge, experiance and strength wise Zhao side was lot better.

Gyou: Kanki sitting outside impenetrable fort but got inside due to OuSen's tactic.

Tou or MouBu aren't coming inside Zhao and historically only this current army going to continue campaign without outside support.
SHKs role got finished coz his plan got smoked out at Retsubi. He can't influence this battle anymore.

While yes ShibhaSou can aid Riboku in future.

Last edited:
hmnn...yellow river? was that what Ou Sen used to transport supplies to Zhao prior to the campaign starting?
Yellow river was showed somewhere in the series when map of that era was showed bit don't know during which arc.

Nahh, OuSen used road transport till now. But just speculated that he can use river transport in future.
Yh, I'm a bit worried about that bit. Particularly since Kyoukai is currently incapacitated and part of that group :catcry:
Ohh KyouKai is also there....... Nahhh they aren't dying now or even if OuSen abandon them, not everyone is dying. :kappa:

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
But he lost even though he's at his home and has numerical advantage. Tactically OuSen destroyed him here.
With the kind of king he has Riboku is not really helped.

If the king had given even half of his army to Riboku they would have crushed the invaders.

And what kind of great general Riboku has : Houken who was beaten by MC Shin and was not there since the beginning and ShibaShou doesn't help outside of his city.

Imagine if Qin had done the same during the coalition arc : if OuSen or Tou hadn't wanted to help because they didn't want to move from their city. Or if Ei Sei didn't help during Sai fight = no more Qin.

The war is maybe in his own turf but Riboku has not a total advantage of it.

OuSen is good no doubt, very very very good but he didn't stomp Riboku tactical wise nor he was superior by a good margin as a general.

Without the 3 young 5000 commanders awakening that war would have been really different.

Riboku move killing Makou was really good for exemple. His counter pincer was good too.

OuSen really is amazing but he is not light ahead of everybody.

With the kind of king he has Riboku is not really helped.

If the king had given even half of his army to Riboku they would have crushed the invaders.

And what kind of great general Riboku has : Houken who was beaten by MC Shin and was not there since the beginning and ShibaShou doesn't help outside of his city.

Imagine if Qin had done the same during the coalition arc : if OuSen or Tou hadn't wanted to help because they didn't want to move from their city. Or if Ei Sei didn't help during Sai fight = no more Qin.

The war is maybe in his own turf but Riboku has not a total advantage of it.

OuSen is good no doubt, very very very good but he didn't stomp Riboku tactical wise nor he was superior by a good margin as a general.

Without the 3 young 5000 commanders awakening that war would have been really different.

Riboku move killing Makou was really good for exemple. His counter pincer was good too.

I think both sides have part truth to it.

Riboku army may have been declined help from Zhao king but can anyone claim his army numbers were less than Ousen Army? he had food supply problem? Or he had shortage of notable Generals under him?

At Yo Tan Wa side, she warded off Zhao 90k +Quanrong army with her 50k +10k Heki forces with not even bare mini food supply and enemy territory.
60k vs 150k approx(with other advantage)

At Shukai plains, Ousen had only 88k soldiers with Akou, Makou, Denrimi n So ou only experience Generals, with 3 young rising Commanders, and food supply disadvantage,
While Riboku had 120k soldiers, food supply, home territory advantage( he didn't utilise it tho), and Generals like Chau Ga Ryuu, Banaji, Gyou un, Kin moe, Gaku hi, Ki sui, Ba tei, Earl Kou, Earl Rai and GG Houken. And Kaine n Fu tei as commanders.
88k(4) vs Riboku 120k( 10 Generals)(food advantage)

I dont think Riboku had any disadvantage in this battle, and like Admiral Lee made a post on last week, Riboku made some good tactics in the battle and would likely have won the battle.
Riboku only lost due to Shin, Ou hon n Mou Ten awakening in the battle.

In Shukai Plains battle, Riboku was equal if not better than Ousen.
But Ousen has definitely beaten Riboku in the grand scheme of things, Riboku had no clue what Ousen plan was from start.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
That look on Ousen’s face at the end of the chapter...makes me think that his plan to obtain food is going to be a morally questionable one..lol

Props to Hara for being able to capture such an expression from a character who’s face is mostly hidden. The work of a veteran artist right there.

Any bets on where the food will come from?

Will Ousen slaughter the horses? Probably the most optimal option at this point tbh, even though it would basically reduce the Qin army to being a stationary force, so I question whether this will happen.

Will the Qin eat the dead? Lol, I highly doubt this shit but I guess it’s possible.

Will the Qin receive outside aid from SHK? ...no, no they won’t. Lol

Whatever the case, I think ousen has thought of some element that Hara has intentionally tried to keep out of sight from us, and thus it’s probably something no one is really expecting.

A great chapter.

Riboku got home advantage and than unlimited food supply and than more number of soldiers than opponent.
Riboku got CGR+GyouUn due which put no less than a GG effect on battlefield. CGR even mentioned that thing. Sane goes for Kisui plus Batei and this was mentioned in KokuYou hill arc by Riboku. While OuSen doesn't got any of such commanders or pair in Shukai plains. Than later there was Houken present as well.

By any means Qin doesn't had advantage here.
There confrontation in the centre and than forcing Riboku to retreat back is sufficient proof about who's better. Riboku got forced back even when he got numerical advantage and better generals/fighters. That's OuSen's effect. Power big lips family (lol).
Whole strategy of conquering Gyou is proof of this. OuSen doesn't had :
- numerical advantage.
- better commanders/generals.
- enough food supply. (Biggest disadvantage with which he won Gyou).
If you remembered well than Riboku targeted Makao on day one similar to OuSen targeting Kisui. Shin even got his neck there but that dumb boy saw Riboku and thought he could finish war on day one. Lol

If he hadn't neglected OuSen's order than at the same moment Kisui would've been dead and MouTen destroying Kisui army coz they were depended on just the head of Kisui sticking to his body. Lol

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Riboku got home advantage and than unlimited food supply and than more number of soldiers than opponent.

Riboku got CGR+GyouUn due which put no less than a GG effect on battlefield. CGR even mentioned that thing. Sane goes for Kisui plus Batei and this was mentioned in KokuYou hill arc by Riboku. While OuSen doesn't got any of such commanders or pair in Shukai plains. Than later there was Houken present as well.

By any means Qin doesn't had advantage here.

There confrontation in the centre and than forcing Riboku to retreat back is sufficient proof about who's better. Riboku got forced back even when he got numerical advantage and better generals/fighters. That's OuSen's effect. Power big lips family (lol).

Whole strategy of conquering Gyou is proof of this. OuSen doesn't had :
- numerical advantage.
- better commanders/generals.
- enough food supply. (Biggest disadvantage with which he won Gyou).

If you remembered well than Riboku targeted Makao on day one similar to OuSen targeting Kisui. Shin even got his neck there but that dumb boy saw Riboku and thought he could finish war on day one. Lol

If he hadn't neglected OuSen's order than at the same moment Kisui would've been dead and MouTen destroying Kisui army coz they were depended on just the head of Kisui sticking to his body. Lol
It was stated a few times that the new Qin Generation were pulling off Great General level feats against the Zhao, from Mouten rallying and unfamiliar army that he had no experience fighting with, to Shin and Ouhon awakening their units in the same manner that the Great Generals did, to Shin fighting equally with Gyou’Un for an entire day straight, to Shin slaying Houken, to Shin slating Gaku Ei in one blow, to Ouhon escaping the Raigoku and slaying Gyou’Un, to Ouhon escaping CGR’s perfect pincer and brutalizing the Bananji army, etc etc etc.

All of these feats were either heavily implied or straight up confirmed to be GG level feats. That’s the running theme of this arc, the new Qin generation having essentially have reached GG levels at Shukai Plains.

This isn’t even counting Ouhon’s Chiyoyou feats which were so great that Shouheikun was ready to straight up bypass 5,000 man commander and promote Ouhon straight to General, and would’ve done so without Tou objecting. This is also disregarding that a version of Shin who had yet to take Ouki’s Glaive into battle had already fought on par with Gaimou and had Slain Keisha.

So when you say Qin did not have the advantage in terms of commanders, this is just wrong imo. The Zhao commanders were mighty but the new Qin gen all surpassed them this arc.

Status
Not open for further replies.