Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Poor

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Awful

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't agree with the view that Riboku is inferior than Ousen... Riboku consistently outsmarted Ousen in the war!! Ousen won the battle of Shukai plains due to sheer quality of commanders he got at his disposal....
Qin's left was completely paralyzed by a Riboku move on the very first day...Had Shin's and Ouhon's forces not awakened, Zhao's side would have totally won against Qin's right....
Riboku depended on tactics to sway the battlefield in his favour while Ousen depended on chances... Riboku's tactics to paralyze Qin's left by killing Makou and Qin's right by injuring (nearly killing Akou) was just great!! While Ousen depended on Mouten's brilliance to keep Kisui at bay and Ouhan, Shin's ability to awaken their units to force through Zhao....
Even when Riboku and Ousen clashed, Riboku instantly countered Ousen's ploy and nearly got him!! Even Ousen admitted last chapter that he won the battle of Shukai plains due to the trio!!
But I really appreciate Ousen's long term planning and unconventional strategies which caught Riboku off gaurd such as sending refugees to Gyou,sending in spies along with them etc...( Had Gyou's mayor not opened the door for refugees I don't know what would have happened)

It was stated a few times that the new Qin Generation were pulling off Great General level feats against the Zhao, from Mouten rallying and unfamiliar army that he had no experience fighting with, to Shin and Ouhon awakening their units in the same manner that the Great Generals did, to Shin fighting equally with Gyou’Un for an entire day straight, to Shin slaying Houken, to Shin slating Gaku Ei in one blow, to Ouhon escaping the Raigoku and slaying Gyou’Un, to Ouhon escaping CGR’s perfect pincer and brutalizing the Bananji army, etc etc etc.
You're right about three young commanders showing GG level feat but clearly they don't have GG or general level army except for Shin. Here i meant with number of commanders in army and not just heavy number of soldiers. Along with that, young gen didn't had that much experience as well in comparison to Kisui+Batei, Kinmou+GakuEi, GyouUn+CGR and Banaji+Earl brothers.

So when you say Qin did not have the advantage in terms of commanders, this is just wrong imo. The Zhao commanders were mighty but the new Qin gen all surpassed them this arc.
I agree. Qin trio surpassed those generals in between the battles. But still the way Riboku used his generals or whatever tactics given to them weren't efficient. Or even after seeing Shin performance time to time and on 1st day MouTen's skills, he still underestimated them. Coz in the beginning Zhao had the advantage in number of commanders and that's why he could send GyouUn first and than later Kaine unit as aid but still couldn't pressed down right wing. While OuSen couldn't help either left or right wing even after loss of Makao and Akou.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
You're right about three young commanders showing GG level feat but clearly they don't have GG or general level army except for Shin. Here i meant with number of commanders in army and not just heavy number of soldiers. Along with that, young gen didn't had that much experience as well in comparison to Kisui+Batei, Kinmou+GakuEi, GyouUn+CGR and Banaji+Earl brothers.

I agree. Qin trio surpassed those generals in between the battles. But still the way Riboku used his generals or whatever tactics given to them weren't efficient. Or even after seeing Shin performance time to time and on 1st day MouTen's skills, he still underestimated them. Coz in the beginning Zhao had the advantage in number of commanders and that's why he could send GyouUn first and than later Kaine unit as aid but still couldn't pressed down right wing. While OuSen couldn't help either left or right wing even after loss of Makao and Akou.
I think you’re underestimating the HSU massively but also the Gyoku Hou lol. The HSU has strong ass mofos like Denyuu and Ryusen, people like Garou and Gakurai (the Hi Hyou may as well be the strongest soldiers in the entire series lol), as well as other strong commanders and infantry. They may only number 8,000 but lead by very strong leadership in Shin, Kyoukai, and Ten, and the HSU is an extremely strong unit even if they do number less than 10K.

The Gyoku Hou is made up of elite men trained in martial arts since birth, the strength of their average soldier is much greater than the average soldiers within any given army, including the Zhao Army Ouhon fought.

When you say Riboku’ use of tactics was inefficient, I don’t know what you mean because his tactics were 100% matched by Ousen with some tactics that ousen had absolutely no answer to.

As a tactician, Riboku = Ousen and this is being generous to Ousen as Riboku made plays that Ousen literally had no answer to. This isn’t just my opinion, this is a sentiment ousen himself clarified in chapter 634. According to Ousen himself, Riboku > Ousen with Ousen only winning because his young commanders brought their freaking A game. Kinda like how Renpa > Mougou with Mougou winning due to Kanki and Ousen.

I don’t agree at all that Riboku was inefficient in his orders, and neither does Ousen agree with that.

think you’re underestimating the HSU massively but also the Gyoku Hou lol. The HSU has strong ass mofos like Denyuu and Ryusen, people like Garou and Gakurai (the Hi Hyou may as well be the strongest soldiers in the entire series lol), as well as other strong commanders and infantry. They may only number 8,000 but lead by very strong leadership in Shin, Kyoukai, and Ten, and the HSU is an extremely strong unit even if they do number less than 10K.
HSU is like a generals army that's why i said except Shin but than again Shin or Ten doesn't had that much experience of leading during big campaigns and without aid/guiding of any big generals.

About OuSen vs Riboku and all comparison, I'll copy paste another post. Sorry in advance for that . Lol

About whole battlefield -
OuSen said both were equals but he gave edge to Riboku only coz it was OuSen's army got first two blows while he failed when Shin left Kisui and charged on Riboku on his own. But its contradicting as first of all strategies implemented by both of them were similar or you could say OuSen was again better and that's for two reasons :
- OuSen set bait by deploying only 5k in the beginning at left wing and later destroying Zhao army through wave attacks.
- OuSen's orders for Shin was to slay Kisui and former nearly achieved his goal but he saw Riboku and dropped his target so that he could slay Riboku and end this war. Lol

Imagine if Shin hadn't gone for Riboku and killed Kisui there than even after Makao's death, MouTen would've destroyed Kisui army. Coz it largely consists of Rigan army which could fight only if they got to see Kisui even though MouTen used Makao army through fake news but it would difficult to imagine same actions from anyone in Kisui army.

So there weren't any flaw or inferiority in OuSen's tactic. It was far better than Riboku's plan. If shin would've sticked to his orders than Qin left
Than later in centre battle -
Initially Riboku had advantage by surprise use of insticts but later OuSen countered it with his tactics and later OuSen destroyed Riboku's best crane formation and went on offence which couldn't be stopped. Later Riboku first loses a Earl brother than Kinmou. That's where momentum shifted in favour of OuSen. Riboku just couldn't counter OuSen's strategies even once or uses his defence formation to either stop SouOu's advance from left or Shin's advance in the right.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Boy, I wish Zhao had Kanmei:ronalugh:
LMAO. My bad, that's Kinmou.
The Qin Award Ceremony:

Shouheikun: “We would now like to award Tan, who at Shukai Plains slew General Kanmei himself!”

The Qin Court: “Huh???!!! A child slew the giant of Chu???!!!!”

Shouheikun: “Whoops my bad, I meant General Kinmou of Zhao!”

The Qin court: “Oh....which one was he again?”

That look on Ousen’s face at the end of the chapter...makes me think that his plan to obtain food is going to be a morally questionable one..lol

Props to Hara for being able to capture such an expression from a character who’s face is mostly hidden. The work of a veteran artist right there.

Any bets on where the food will come from?

Will Ousen slaughter the horses? Probably the most optimal option at this point tbh, even though it would basically reduce the Qin army to being a stationary force, so I question whether this will happen.

Will the Qin eat the dead? Lol, I highly doubt this shit but I guess it’s possible.

Will the Qin receive outside aid from SHK? ...no, no they won’t. Lol

Whatever the case, I think ousen has thought of some element that Hara has intentionally tried to keep out of sight from us, and thus it’s probably something no one is really expecting.

A great chapter.
Slaughtering and cooking the horses could be an option lol, but would they even feed all of them, and for how long would they last ? i think two days max lol

Come on Hara, time to wrap up.

I wanna see the award ceremony. :ihaha:
SHK : General Ousen come forward :steef:

SHK : FOR NEG DIFFING RIBOKU, TAKING DOWN STATE OF ZHAO BY CONQUERING GYOU AND KANTAN Ousen's is now thereby a Great General !

SHK : GG Ousen's nobility shall rise by 99999 ranks. He's also granted the lands of Bayou, Ryouyou and even Kanyou if he wishes. also 999 units of gold and treasure :kayneshrug:

You were not wrong at all, o’ noble Earl Chouki. You were simply too good natured and kind hearted. Neither those miserable backstabbing peasants or that egotistical narcissist currently sitting on Zhao’s throne deserved you. Rest in peace you poor soul. :josad:

Now that we have the best minor character of this arc (and possibly the best minor character of Kingdom) out of the way, time to talk about other stuff. :madmonk:

I love how Zenou and his unit of mad lads just straight up leave Raido to deal with Riboku on his own. They did not even care about the riches of Gyou, they just wanted some grub to guzzle. :doffytroll:

The looks of despair on the Zhao soldiers (especially Futei and Kaine) were most enjoyable to see. :dogood:

Seeing Ousen and Kanki onscreen together and interacting with each other is always a treat. The Mougou duo strike again. :steef:

Considering the normally stoic Ousen is pulling a face like he just watched the Last Jedi and Rise of Skywalker back to back, Denrimi was ominously talking about “Doing what needs to be done.” and the fact the narration box calls Ousen’s solution “shocking”, I feel like we might be about to see the Qin Army participate in some morally dubious actions.

Hopefully nothing dubious enough for Mangoku to live(?) up to his promise of haunting Shin from beyond the grave. :believe:

Edit: MangaSee images do not permanently stay on posts within this forum, so I am replacing any that are in my posts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.