Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Poor

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Awful

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing gets pass Riboku-sama. He and Ousen playing chess would be a sight to see. I believe they won’t even move a single piece and just play it inside their minds (Itachi Vs Sasuke genjutsu battle style).
It’s counter after counter. And hence once again Ousen proved his worth from being a great general to also being a great diplomat who used the newfound alliance of the Qi and Qin to secure an unexpected advantage in a war.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Meh. Hara kinda wrote himself in a corner here. Had Zhao surrounded Gyou the same way Kanki did it would have been game over, so I guess it's more plot armor for Ousen.

Nevermind, curios to see what's next.
Or you know, simply expect provisions coming from another side...
Another L for so called genius Riboku
Riboku knew the exact directions that Qin reinforcements would come from, and closed off those routes flawlessly. It was literally impossible for the Qin to deliver supplies to their army because of Riboku’s actions.

I don’t think Riboku loses points because he failed to plan for the intervention of an entirely separate state lmfao.

That was genius ploy from Ousen....He has outplayed both Shouheikun and Riboku (to a lesser extent) brilliantly xD
When Qin soldiers in Gyou lost all hope and when Zhao soldiers were incredibly happy, they got a disastrous news xD...
I think the food supply will be for atleast a year....
Now I wonder how Qin will reinforce Gyou (Now that Riboku knows about Qi, Qin alliance)....Maybe arrest of Riboku will help Qin make their move!!
Riboku is still incredible....There is no way he would have suspected a Qi, Qin alliance and still he was able to find Ousen's plans for supplies ( Maybe Qi king coming to Kanyou along with Riboku made him suspect Qi)
But anyway that's too late

Riboku knew the exact directions that Qin reinforcements would come from, and closed off those routes flawlessly. It was literally impossible for the Qin to deliver supplies to their army because of Riboku’s actions.

I don’t think Riboku loses points because he failed to plan for the intervention of an entirely separate state lmfao.
He cut it off during the invasion, Qin literally could have hid a greater delivery before the war began and took a detour.
He rightfully predicted that the provision shortage would be the decisive factor of the entire war, and took precautions regarding it, yet something so simple escaped his "genius", c´mon man.

He cut it off during the invasion, Qin literally could have hid a greater delivery before the war began and took a detour.
He rightfully predicted that the provision shortage would be the decisive factor of the entire war, and took precautions regarding it, yet something so simple escaped his "genius", c´mon man.
It's not simple at all....in the era of warring states no way he would have suspected an alliance between Qin and Qi ( Qin and Qi are very far apart to even think of any friendship or alliance between them)....

It's not simple at all....in the era of warring states no way he would have suspected an alliance between Qin and Qi ( Qin and Qi are very far apart to even think of any friendship or alliance between them)....
Like i said, not Qi, a hidden route of provision is possible.
Second, if anything, Qi is the most likely to "ally" with Qin or simply do business due to coalition arc in which Qi was the only kingdom to drop out and afterwards support Qin, for, seemingly monetary reasons. And this time it is the case again, Qin paid double, Qi accepted.
Of course Riboku can´t know that Qi King secretly agrees with Sei, but that´s irrelevant.
Third, Riboku literally managed to ally with 6 of 7 kingdoms before. Sure he had the status to do so as the one to defeat Ouki, but Qin officials at the top also have the status now after defending against the coalition.

So yeah, pretty simple in this case.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
What do you think is more likely?

That 1 of the 3 greatest military geniuses of the era considered all possibilities and came to the conclusion that Qin reinforcements would not be possible, only to then be outplayed by what is essentially cheating masterminded by a another 1 of the 3 greatest military geniuses of the era and the outside intervention of an entirely separate state?

Or that the guy who masterminded the defeats of both Ouki and Gekishin is actually an idiot who got outplayed by a novice tactic?

What do you think is more likely?

That 1 of the 3 greatest military geniuses of the era considered all possibilities and came to the conclusion that Qin reinforcements would not be possible, only to then be outplayed by what is essentially cheating masterminded by a another 1 of the 3 greatest military geniuses of the era and the outside intervention of an entirely separate state?

Or that the guy who masterminded the defeats of both Ouki and Gekishin is actually an idiot who got outplayed by a novice tactic?
The latter in this case.
Saying he is a military genius gives me nothing if it´s almost never shown.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
The latter in this case.
Saying he is a military genius gives me nothing if it´s almost never shown.
How is it never shown lol? I’m not going to recount every single instance of Riboku’s genius in this manga, especially when your attempts to undermine his genius in this scenario are based on your limited knowledge of how war works (keep in mind, you are literally arguing against the IRL actions of IRL great generals who spent their lives studying war),

But I will say that Riboku’s feat this chapter of figuring out that Qi will intervene is a feat of genius that almost rivals Ouki’s feat of genius at Bayou, as both scenarios feature a character figuring out that an entirely separate party will intervene in their battle based off of almost 0 information. Granted, Riboku had more intel than Ouki here, he arrived alongside the Qi King in Kanyou so it’s safe to assume Riboku at least had some kind of prior hunch about Qi’s relationship with Qin, but Riboku has Shouheikun and Ousen actively taking steps to deceive him and yet he still ultimately figured out what was going to happen.

Acting like irl military minds and in-manga military geniuses just didn’t even consider simple tactics is retarded lol.

How is it never shown lol? I’m not going to recount every single instance of Riboku’s genius in this manga, especially when your attempts to undermine his genius in this scenario are based on your limited knowledge of how war works (keep in mind, you are literally arguing against the IRL actions of IRL great generals who spent their lives studying war),

But I will say that Riboku’s feat this chapter of figuring out that Qi will intervene is a feat of genius that almost rivals Ouki’s feat of genius at Bayou, as both scenarios feature a character figuring out that an entirely separate party will intervene in their battle based off of almost 0 information. Granted, Riboku had more intel than Ouki here, he arrived alongside the Qi King in Kanyou so it’s safe to assume Riboku at least had some kind of prior hunch about Qi’s relationship with Qin, but Riboku has Shouheikun and Ousen actively taking steps to deceive him and yet he still ultimately figured out what was going to happen.

Acting like irl military minds and in-manga military geniuses just didn’t even consider simple tactics is retarded lol.
Kingdom has very limited strategical focus my man, so let´s not try to bring "RL" into this.

I think it´s more retarded to think that a dude who seemingly acted on monetary gain the time i allied with him would not do the same again, but yeah, let´s pretend only a genius can figure this shit out.

Well, I said "Ousen" plot armor, not Riboku.

We have seen Kanki sieging Gyou, dude and his goons were right outside the walls for the all time, probably just outside arrow range.
Even Kanki's tents was right there.

https://mangaseeonline.us/read-online/Kingdom-chapter-589-page-11.html
https://mangaseeonline.us/read-online/Kingdom-chapter-589-page-12.html

Meanwhile Kaine is one mile away, and the Zhao army is God knows where lol

http://sensescans.com/reader/read/kingdom/en/59/638/page/17

So yeah this to me is not Riboku getting outplayed or Ousen being smart, it's Hara writing himself into a corner and then coming out of it badly.

But I don't care much tbh, I'm more interested to see where we go from now, because this campaign is not over. Gyou and Ryouyou right now are basically isolated Qin's castle inside Zhao's heartland. So in theory Qin would need to destroy the armies surrounding the cities and capture Retsubi for good while keeping Gyou and Ryouyou which seems like a fairly long thing to do unless pedoking comes in and stupidly orders all the troop to go back to Kantan to protect his ass.

Well, I said "Ousen" plot armor, not Riboku.

We have seen Kanki sieging Gyou, dude and his goons were right outside the walls for the all time, probably just outside arrow range.
Even Kanki's tents was right there.

https://mangaseeonline.us/read-online/Kingdom-chapter-589-page-11.html
https://mangaseeonline.us/read-online/Kingdom-chapter-589-page-12.html

Meanwhile Kaine is one mile away, and the Zhao army is God knows where lol

http://sensescans.com/reader/read/kingdom/en/59/638/page/17

So yeah this to me is not Riboku getting outplayed or Ousen being smart, it's Hara writing himself into a corner and then coming out of it badly.

But I don't care much tbh, I'm more interested to see where we go from now, because this campaign is not over. Gyou and Ryouyou right now are basically isolated Qin's castle inside Zhao's heartland. So in theory Qin would need to destroy the armies surrounding the cities and capture Retsubi for good while keeping Gyou and Ryouyou which seems like a fairly long thing to do unless pedoking comes in and stupidly orders all the troop to go back to Kantan to protect his ass.
I think Kaine and others became carefree when they got the news of Burning Qin supply in Yellow river and stopping theit feint at Retsubi.

The problem is, many are overlooking the plan was simply not Qi to supply Gyou, bt deceiving Zhou into believing that Qin had already tried their best and has failed. Hence Shou Hei Kun went to the trouble of Bringing real suppies by Yellow river, he knew Zhou would predict fake supplies at Retsubi and then will be blocking em at Yellow river entrance and would became carefree when find real supplies going down in Yellow River.
So even tho Kaine n others should have completly surrounded Gyou, as a safety precaution. It's not completly Plot Armor, it's just events led to Zhou dropping their guard and Riboku himsefl wasn't there.

Status
Not open for further replies.