• Poor

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Awful

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Me throughout this entire chapter.:steef:

I enjoyed the friendly conversation between Ten and Mouki. I loved how Mouki was probing Ten’s tactical knowledge towards the answer regarding the current situation instead of flat out telling her what he and Shouheikan had decided was the best course of action.

Hara really focused on Shin, Mouten and Ouhon above everyone else for this Awards Ceremonies and why should he not? This was their time to shine above all others, the time we have all been waiting years for. The time that they finally become Generals. :akaman:

Having this panel be the last thing we see before the break.
Followed up by this entire hype chapter to kick things off again. Excellent move Hara. :zehaha:

I expect the next chapter will involve having the big three together for a post award ceremony talk, the Hi Shin Unit holding a celebration and Shin and Sei holding a conversation.

I seem to recall that Sei promised Shin that he would send him on a military campaign as soon as he became a General but I have not been able to find that chapter again. :zorothink:

Regardless, I believe there are only three possible antagonists for the next arc;

I) Zhao obviously since it was literally hammered home that they need to strike while Zhao’s most capable Great General in Riboku is still locked up in prison (poor bloke:catsweat:). Shin will be under one of the three Qin Great Generals (i.e. Ousen, Kanki or Yotanwa) out there if this happens.

II) Wei would be another logical option if Qin wants to take Sanyou back before dealing with Kantan. Shin will be under Tou’s command if this happens.

III) Han could be an outlier choice of antagonist that could provide General Shin with his opportunity for his first military campaign. A small arc where we see Shin come to grips with the logistics of handling a full fledged army would be something nice to see.

Regardless of the future, this chapter was a cracker. 10/10, Hara delivers yet again. :finally:

:steef::steef::steef:
Will we get another moment of Shin n Mouten referring to each other as Generals? :arnoling::milaugh:
Oh I hope so. That would be funny. :arnoling:

I also have this mental image of Mouten looking at Shin’s clothes and going “Nope. That won’t do for a General.:kuzanope:” and he subsequently takes Shin on an upmarket shopping spree. :rolaugh:

General Ri Shin..:steef: dreams do come true if you chase them hard enough.
Apart from slaying the Top Dogs of the enemy ranks, it was Mouten who contributed the most in the war. He single handed saved the Qin’s Left Wing at D1. For he had failed in doing so, it was all doomed from Qin. Even after that he was keeping up with all those Big Timers with numerically disadvantaged army. Not to forget he saved the Supreme General Ousen-sama from sure death too..:myman:

Granted Ouhon and Shin took the flashiest Glory but on the larger scale Mouten sure was a silent Dark Knight..:cheers:

General Ri Shin..:steef: dreams do come true if you chase them hard enough.
Apart from slaying the Top Dogs of the enemy ranks, it was Mouten who contributed the most in the war. He single handed saved the Qin’s Left Wing at D1. For he had failed in doing so, it was all doomed from Qin. Even after that he was keeping up with all those Big Timers with numerically disadvantaged army. Not to forget he saved the Supreme General Ousen-sama from sure death too..:myman:

Granted Ouhon and Shin took the flashiest Glory but on the larger scale Mouten sure was a silent Dark Knight..:cheers:
Aye agree. Mouten is the underrated one, the one who plays his role well behind shadow. Without mouten's initiative, qin could lose quicker

Nobody even bothered to mention General Heki who slew the Quarong King:whitepress:. This is unacceptable.
Yeah i wonder why heki's name wasnt mentioned in the court hall. Or maybe Rozo isnt acknowledged by world yet so thats why the credit goes for yotanwa who could claim ryouyo.
Heki actually needed assist to slay rozo, but still the executor is heki, so atleast his name should be mentioned in ceremony.
What one has to remember is that there is the reader’s point of view and the point of view of the Qin military.

As far as the Qin military is concerned, Rozo was an absolute nobody. A hermit king that never left his city state, had no military feats, had no military accomplishments and did not even have any notable kills to his name.

Meanwhile, even lesser Zhao Generals such as Mangoku, Rihaku and Gaku Ei will be far more well known and notorious within the Qin military due to their active military engagements against Qin.
It's really a middle finger to one of the best feat in the whole arc. Killing that mad King is actually a better feat than killing any of Gakuei and the likes of Gyoun.
A greater feat than killing Gakuei? Sure. A greater feat than slaying Gyou’un? Absolutely not.

Gyou’un is praised as the symbol of Zhao’s martial might during an era when Renpa and Kaishibou were actively waging wars for Zhao.
Akou was also noted to being overwhelmed by Gyou’un.

This is the same Akou who is consistently portrayed to be Bananji’s equal.

Who in turn was compared to the likes of Renpa and Kaishibou when it comes to martial prowess, by someone who personally knew and fought alongside both of the aforementioned individuals.

So no, slaying Gyou’un, an individual who Shin directly compared to a Great General based on his previous personal experience
and who used to regularly go up against the previous generation of Great Generals (as confirmed by Gyou’un himself)
is far more impressive than slaying Rozo.
Dude was the supreme commander of a whole battle field. He was basically the Riboku equivalent in that war front.
I would say that Riboku’s true equivalent on that front was Shunsuiji, who consistently came up with legitimate strategies to deal with the Mountain Tribes and Qin forces. Rozo was simply a temperamental ally of convenience that Shunsuiji sought out under Riboku’s advice.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
It’s like @Owl Ki said, Rozo is someone who is basically an unknown and irrelevant factor to the Qin, defeating him has symbolic significance to Yo Tan Wa and Heki, but as for how much the state of Qin probably values him..I’d say not too much just because he’s pretty much a complete unknown. The secondary leader of the army that opposed Yo Tan Wa but that doesn’t scream notoriety.

Gyou’Un on the other hand, actually had heavyweight achievements back in his day. He was the Sword of Rinshoujou, his offensive tactics, strength, and instincts were all on the level of the Qin 6 and he has slayed Generals and Great Generals from other states. His notoriety and achievements should be on a much higher level than Rozo’s who at best spent time fighting Zhao mountain tribes, but even that is iffy as the Quanrong seem to be an unchallenged tribe in Zhao.

I do kinda hope that we move away from Zhao for a while. We've been fighting them for so long. Hopefully we can fight like Yan or Han because we haven't really interacted with those states a lot.
Yeah it kinda boring if it's always zhao. Need new state to show, and of course more new characters from other state. But actually, strategically it would be best if qin attack kantan now because zhao is in its weakest condition and gyou already conquered. Maybe the invasion of kantan would be by other who is not really main character and offscreen, so shin would probably invade another state

Me throughout this entire chapter.:steef:

I enjoyed the friendly conversation between Ten and Mouki. I loved how Mouki was probing Ten’s tactical knowledge towards the answer regarding the current situation instead of flat out telling her what he and Shouheikan had decided was the best course of action.

Hara really focused on Shin, Mouten and Ouhon above everyone else for this Awards Ceremonies and why should he not? This was their time to shine above all others, the time we have all been waiting years for. The time that they finally become Generals. :akaman:

Having this panel be the last thing we see before the break.
Followed up by this entire hype chapter to kick things off again. Excellent move Hara. :zehaha:

I expect the next chapter will involve having the big three together for a post award ceremony talk, the Hi Shin Unit holding a celebration and Shin and Sei holding a conversation.

I seem to recall that Sei promised Shin that he would send him on a military campaign as soon as he became a General but I have not been able to find that chapter again. :zorothink:

Regardless, I believe there are only three possible antagonists for the next arc;

I) Zhao obviously since it was literally hammered home that they need to strike while Zhao’s most capable Great General in Riboku is still locked up in prison (poor bloke:catsweat:). Shin will be under one of the three Qin Great Generals (i.e. Ousen, Kanki or Yotanwa) out there if this happens.

II) Wei would be another logical option if Qin wants to take Sanyou back before dealing with Kantan. Shin will be under Tou’s command if this happens.

III) Han could be an outlier choice of antagonist that could provide General Shin with his opportunity for his first military campaign. A small arc where we see Shin come to grips with the logistics of handling a full fledged army would be something nice to see.

Regardless of the future, this chapter was a cracker. 10/10, Hara delivers yet again. :finally:

Oh I hope so. That would be funny. :arnoling:

I also have this mental image of Mouten looking at Shin’s clothes and going “Nope. That won’t do for a General.:kuzanope:” and he subsequently takes Shin on an upmarket shopping spree. :rolaugh:
https://mangaseeonline.us/read-online/Kingdom-chapter-179-page-18.html

I'm a lucky cookie...lolz...just binged about 10 chapters worth of Kingdom and the last one was this beauty:steef:. After 642 friggin chapters lads, it's finally happened:feelscryingman:. Can't get this friggin smirk off my face:finally:. It wasn't a surprise or anything but I really loved the way the person giving the awards hit home with Ri Shin's accomplishments. He prolly wouldn't have become a general if he hadn't done that much and it was also pretty awesome that nobody debated it because of just how exemplary Ri Shin's accomplishments were~! If I had just one gripe with this chapter tho, it'd be that we didn't see my girl Kyoukai get a promotion:catcry: but I reckon Hara will reveal it in the near future. What do y'all think for Kyoukai? 5000-man general?

I'm a lucky cookie...lolz...just binged about 10 chapters worth of Kingdom and the last one was this beauty:steef:. After 642 friggin chapters lads, it's finally happened:feelscryingman:. Can't get this friggin smirk off my face:finally:. It wasn't a surprise or anything but I really loved the way the person giving the awards hit home with Ri Shin's accomplishments. He prolly wouldn't have become a general if he hadn't done that much and it was also pretty awesome that nobody debated it because of just how exemplary Ri Shin's accomplishments were~! If I had just one gripe with this chapter tho, it'd be that we didn't see my girl Kyoukai get a promotion:catcry: but I reckon Hara will reveal it in the near future. What do y'all think for Kyoukai? 5000-man general?
Kyoukai-chwan's promotion would be offscreen, just like she suddenly become 3000man commander

If I had just one gripe with this chapter tho, it'd be that we didn't see my girl Kyoukai get a promotion:catcry: but I reckon Hara will reveal it in the near future. What do y'all think for Kyoukai? 5000-man general?
She will probably get an off screen promotion to either 4000 or 5000 man commander and be General Shin’s highest ranking subordinate.

Off screen promotions have happened before for the likes of Kyoukai, Mouten and Ouhon.

He prolly wouldn't have become a general if he hadn't done that much and it was also pretty awesome that nobody debated it because of just how exemplary Ri Shin's accomplishments were~!
Mouten was convinced that Shin slaying Keisha would have been sufficient enough to earn him the rank of General.
Imagine if Shin had come into Western Zhao invasion campaign as a General and still accomplished the same feats from this arc? Our chad lad could have been a Great General by now. :catsweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.