• ⭐⭐⭐

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • ⭐⭐

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Ya know the crazy thing? Is that the half a page introduction that Aisen and Akakin got for joining the Gaku Ka and Gyoku Hou Units,

Was 10x more memorable than this entire Kyou Rei Mini Arc.

I tried giving this stuff a chance, I really wanted to enjoy it, but all I’m going to say is that I’m glad we’re getting back into the actual overarching plot of Kingdom, because this is what Hara really excels at: putting everything Kyoukai related (relatively) in the background and telling a story about War & Politics.

I will say though, it’s completely obnoxious that Kyoukai isn’t going to face any consequences whatsoever for bringing Shin back from the brink of Death. Not only that, Kyourei’s joining the HSU feels completely redundant. We’ve already got one ninja Shiyuu here, now we’re going to have two of them? I assume Hara will take steps to differentiate her from Kyoukai, but it’s extremely disappointing that the newest addition to the HSU is practically a carbon copy of an existing member (and the most boring & generic one at that). Jin & Tan were much better additions to the squad.

Okay, now onto the good stuff:

Shin.

This guy has grown so much as a protagonist...I remember at the beginning of the series when he was mainly to me just felt like a vehicle to take us from battle to battle, just a typical Shonen-esque protagonist screaming about his ambition while being blissfully unaware of what it actually takes to reach that ambition...

To now seeing him act like a true leader, putting Rei in her place and laying down the law in a very respectable way...Shin has come so far! It’s almost like Hara had to start him off as a typical protagonist at first, to show his growth into a truly respectable leader. I’ve become a huge Shin fan as of late. The Gyou Arc was my favorite in Kingdom and Shin has basically been the star of the arc, he was incredible in Shukai Plains and he’s still incredible now.

Kyoukai expressing her feelings for Shin...okay. I don’t really care but good for her lol.

And so it’s actually happening, the Qin 6 will return, and if the most recent spoilers are true, I’ll have more to say about that next chapter.

Ya know the crazy thing? Is that the half a page introduction that Aisen and Akakin got for joining the Gaku Ka and Gyoku Hou Units,

Was 10x more memorable than this entire Kyou Rei Mini Arc.

I tried giving this stuff a chance, I really wanted to enjoy it, but all I’m going to say is that I’m glad we’re getting back into the actual overarching plot of Kingdom, because this is what Hara really excels at: putting everything Kyoukai related (relatively) in the background and telling a story about War & Politics.

I will say though, it’s completely obnoxious that Kyoukai isn’t going to face any consequences whatsoever for bringing Shin back from the brink of Death. Not only that, Kyourei’s joining the HSU feels completely redundant. We’ve already got one ninja Shiyuu here, now we’re going to have two of them? I assume Hara will take steps to differentiate her from Kyoukai, but it’s extremely disappointing that the newest addition to the HSU is practically a carbon copy of an existing member (and the most boring & generic one at that). Jin & Tan were much better additions to the squad.

Okay, now onto the good stuff:

Shin.

This guy has grown so much as a protagonist...I remember at the beginning of the series when he was mainly to me just felt like a vehicle to take us from battle to battle, just a typical Shonen-esque protagonist screaming about his ambition while being blissfully unaware of what it actually takes to reach that ambition...

To now seeing him act like a true leader, putting Rei in her place and laying down the law in a very respectable way...Shin has come so far! It’s almost like Hara had to start him off as a typical protagonist at first, to show his growth into a truly respectable leader. I’ve become a huge Shin fan as of late. The Gyou Arc was my favorite in Kingdom and Shin has basically been the star of the arc, he was incredible in Shukai Plains and he’s still incredible now.

Kyoukai expressing her feelings for Shin...okay. I don’t really care but good for her lol.

And so it’s actually happening, the Qin 6 will return, and if the most recent spoilers are true, I’ll have more to say about that next chapter.
Totally agree with what you said about Shin. He was inspiring people with his strength at first but now he completely understands his responsibility and role as a general and he is starting to have a special kind of aura.
I think HARA wanted that impression to come progressively and it's working well.
Like Ousen said, Shin awakened during the Shukai Plains arc.

I don't mind Shin getting more OP commanders under him, cause
isn't he supposed to loose like tons of commanders in his Chu campaign. Maybe Hara is setting up the ground works for that.
Rei got 10x more cuter than she was on the last chapter. lol
KyouKai x Shin is progressing just as expected. They both put their responsibilities ahead of their personal desire/ feelings.
Six GG is a hype..!!

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
I honestly think it's too early to reintroduce the 6 GG system. By comparison, Qin previously had 6 GGs who were part of that system and other GGs like Duke Hyou and Mougo. I would argue that now there are only 4 people in Qin who are worthy of being GG, not 6.
Who are the four you think are worthy? And why not for the others?

Moubu, Tou, Ousen, Yo Tan Wa, and Kanki are all on par with the Qin 6 based on what we know.

Alright, so this mini arc is over in it's entirety and I have to admit, this is the first time that I absolutely did not care about what was going on in this manga.

I think the main problems are as follows;
I) The timing of this arc; this arc seemingly cut short an interesting mini arc about a three way state war. That shit was fun and interesting and would have been enough of a break from the Zhao conflict by itself.

II) The Kyoukai focus; yes, I sound like a broken record but Kyoukai is basically the only bad part of this manga. That would not be so bad, if Hara just left her as a side character but he doesn't, she is practically a tertiary protagonist by this point.

It has gotten to a point where Kai honestly feels like a character out of a different story entirely. Imagine Naruto in Berserk. That is what Kai feels like to this manga.

III) The "antagonist"; at no point did anyone, ever expect a one off, minor character that Kyoukai dicked on in a comedic panel, would ever be relevant.

Most of the community forgot Kyourei even existed. Not only that but her conflict was yet another take on the Shiyuu Ritual that we have already seen twice with Kai and Yuuren. We did not need to see it again.

Rei being the resolution to the HSU's troubles is also pretty unsatisfactory when she is literally a carbon copy of Kai. Maybe it is so that Shin still has a Shiyuu in his army when Kai sods off to be a General but that just brings a whole other load of bad Kai related decisions.

IV) The payoff of the Red Stairway plotline; or rather lack thereof. Lifespan apparently is not a problem and Kai supposedly going back to normal.

I am hoping against hope that Kai is lying in order to put Shin at ease and that both her lifespan and abilities are fecked but yeah, it is looking pretty unlikely now.

I genuinely wonder if Hara was going to go through with nerfing her until Kai blitzed the popularity poll and he decided "Nah, better leave her alone.". Lol.
Now, does any of this affect my overall enjoyment of Kingdom?

Of course not.

This mini arc was tiny, being only 9 Chapters long. That is not even 1/67th of the current runtime of Kingdom and it is only going to get smaller as Hara focuses on more awesome political and military shenanigans.

Besides, there were a couple of enjoyable moments. Mainly;

I) The first chapter with Aisen and Akakin being beasts along with the outcome of the Juuko campaign.

II) Shin being a boss and respectfully laying down the law to Rei, all while exuding big leadership energy. :steef:

III) The last two panels of this chapter with the hype reveal of the chosen Six Great Generals system. :lumazed:

Anyway, we are back in business with Qin military hype for future campaigns. Oh yeah. :akaman:

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
II) Shin being a boss and respectfully laying down the law to Rei, all while exuding big leadership energy. :steef:
Yeah Shin was great in the mini arc. Calm, composed etc. Only regret, i wanted to see Shin in a "real" fight against a Shiyuu tribe member now. Like a small bit before Kyoukai steps in.

I wanted Shin to make Rei eat some of her words ^^

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
I) The first chapter with Aisen and Akakin being beasts along with the outcome of the Juuko campaign.
I almost wish that instead of getting Kyourei, Hara would’ve stalled Jin & Tan’s development until after Gyou was complete, and the Jin & Tan could’ve been the ones to start showing off their skills as the new powerhouses of the HSU instead of a complete clone of Kyoukai.

Jin & Tan stand out far more as the HSU’s newest assets, and they both have great potential as characters. I wish Hara would’ve had the new stars of the three new Gen units be Akakin, Aisen, and Jin & Tan instead of Kyoukai .8.

That’s the biggest offense of all for me, that the HSU’s new offensive powerhouse is just an exact copy of an existing member.

I almost wish that instead of getting Kyourei, Hara would’ve stalled Jin & Tan’s development until after Gyou was complete, and the Jin & Tan could’ve been the ones to start showing off their skills as the new powerhouses of the HSU instead of a complete clone of Kyoukai.

Jin & Tan stand out far more as the HSU’s newest assets, and they both have great potential as characters. I wish Hara would’ve had the new stars of the three new Gen units be Akakin, Aisen, and Jin & Tan instead of Kyoukai .8.

That’s the biggest offense of all for me, that the HSU’s new offensive powerhouse is just an exact copy of an existing member.
I literally would have taken the son of this guy over Rei.
We could have had this guy.
Hell, we could have had Kyoukai gather numerous assassins from different clans and have her create some unique battlefield assassination army.

Nah, we get Kai 2.0. Lel.

Who are the four you think are worthy? And why not for the others?

Moubu, Tou, Ousen, Yo Tan Wa, and Kanki are all on par with the Qin 6 based on what we know.
Moubu, Tou, Ousen are worthy of being GG (although Ousen can't be trusted entirely). Yotanwo is also up there but the issue is that her portrayal was pretty bad during the Gyou arc.
Kanki shouldn't be GG imo. Not saying that he's bad but I just can't put him on their level just yet,especially when you consider that we don't even know what his weakness is according to Riboku.

Even if, would it make sense to promote someone to GG and immediately to becoming one of the 6 GG? That's a status even above GG. Not all GG's are one of the 6 or a member of the Three great Heavens.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Yotanwo is also up there but the issue is that her portrayal was pretty bad during the Gyou arc.
Heavily disagreed. Her portrayal during the Gyou Campaign was incredible. Even with every conceivable disadvantage against her against the Quanrong, she and her army still pulled out a huge win and captured a city they weren’t even supposed to capture lol.

Plus she will now presumably be able to take Quanrong troops with her into battle, in addition to her already absurdly powerful mountain armies.

My only issue with Yo Tan Wa becoming a GG is that it seems like a redundancy for her, she already has all the privileges that the rank would afford her. But we’ll see what happens lol.

Kanki shouldn't be GG imo. Not saying that he's bad but I just can't put him on their level just yet,especially when you consider that we don't even know what his weakness is according to Riboku.
Every current Qin general has weaknesses except for Tou. This was reinforced by Rei Ou and Hou Mei’s analysis at Chiyoyou. Moubu, Ousen, and Kanki all have weaknesses that can be exploited.

Even if, would it make sense to promote someone to GG and immediately to becoming one of the 6 GG? That's a status even above GG. Not all GG's are one of the 6 or a member of the Three great Heavens.
We need more info I suppose. I always imagined that the Qin 6 were the only Great Generals of Qin during their time, and generals like Duke Hyou and Mougou were promoted after King Sho’s passing and the system was abolished.