Votes: 3 27.3%
  • ⭐⭐

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Was a great chapter as usual.

I’ve been thinking about this battle and what Kanki’s plan to slay Kochou could possibly be, and I think I actually might understand what Kanki is attempting. It seems awfully convenient to me that a territory like Eikyuu, where the territory was so unfavorable that every Qin strategist thought attacking it was pointless and a waste of soldiers, would suddenly fall to the Hi Shin Unit just because they were able to spot a single weak point in the formation. On top of that, the thing with Eikyuu is that even if Eikyuu falls to Qin...Kochou himself still would not necessarily be in danger. He could just pull his front line back a bit, reform, and then the Qin would be back to square one where the Zhao have the numbers advantage.

I said this a few chapters ago, but what makes this battle seem really grim to me is not how much of a numbers disadvantage Kanki has against Kochou, but what really makes the battle seem un-winnable to me is Kochou’s cautiousness. Even though the Kanki central army is starting to fall apart, and Kanki’s HQ has been exposed twice now, Kochou himself hasn’t taken any bait.

Kanki is specifically a commander who fights by baiting his enemies, but Kochou so far has refused to take any bait that Kanki lays down for him. And frankly he doesn’t need to, if Kochou essentially fights attrition warfare as he has been so far, he will continue to wrap up smaller victories against Kanki until Kanki winning the war ultimately becomes impossible.

So, I think what Kanki is doing, is trying to create a scenario so irresistible for Kochou to actually come out of hiding that he actually does. I think this means that Kanki is essentially waiting until the point where Qin’s victory seems all but impossible. At that point, Kochou himself will drop his guard, and that’s when Kanki will strike.

Specifically, I think this means that the Hi Shin Unit is about to suffer an extreme defeat at Eikyuu, similar to the Gyoku Hou but not quite as horrific. Let’s not forget that it seems like Gaku Haku Kou (the best name ever btw) has yet to make his move at Eikyuu and that guy looks strong as hell. I would not be surprised if the Hi Shin Unit’s defeat is so certain that Kochou himself shows up to Eikyuu, with his plan being to crush Eikyuu and separate the Kanki army from Ousen and Yo Tan Wa. This would leave a devastated Kanki army alone against Kochou’s much larger army, and this would also allow Kochou to pincer Ousen’s army which would basically force Qin to totally retreat.

In other words, I think Kanki is trying to devastate the Qin army so horribly that Kochou would be an idiot not to personally take to the front lines and fight himself. This will be Kanki’s only opportunity to slay Kochou, a traditional victory against Kochou really isn’t possible.

So yeah, I predict that the HSU is about to be crushed and that this entire battle may just result in Kochou dying at Eikyuu.

Was a great chapter as usual.

I’ve been thinking about this battle and what Kanki’s plan to slay Kochou could possibly be, and I think I actually might understand what Kanki is attempting. It seems awfully convenient to me that a territory like Eikyuu, where the territory was so unfavorable that every Qin strategist thought attacking it was pointless and a waste of soldiers, would suddenly fall to the Hi Shin Unit just because they were able to spot a single weak point in the formation. On top of that, the thing with Eikyuu is that even if Eikyuu falls to Qin...Kochou himself still would not necessarily be in danger. He could just pull his front line back a bit, reform, and then the Qin would be back to square one where the Zhao have the numbers advantage.

I said this a few chapters ago, but what makes this battle seem really grim to me is not how much of a numbers disadvantage Kanki has against Kochou, but what really makes the battle seem un-winnable to me is Kochou’s cautiousness. Even though the Kanki central army is starting to fall apart, and Kanki’s HQ has been exposed twice now, Kochou himself hasn’t taken any bait.

Kanki is specifically a commander who fights by baiting his enemies, but Kochou so far has refused to take any bait that Kanki lays down for him. And frankly he doesn’t need to, if Kochou essentially fights attrition warfare as he has been so far, he will continue to wrap up smaller victories against Kanki until Kanki winning the war ultimately becomes impossible.

So, I think what Kanki is doing, is trying to create a scenario so irresistible for Kochou to actually come out of hiding that he actually does. I think this means that Kanki is essentially waiting until the point where Qin’s victory seems all but impossible. At that point, Kochou himself will drop his guard, and that’s when Kanki will strike.

Specifically, I think this means that the Hi Shin Unit is about to suffer an extreme defeat at Eikyuu, similar to the Gyoku Hou but not quite as horrific. Let’s not forget that it seems like Gaku Haku Kou (the best name ever btw) has yet to make his move at Eikyuu and that guy looks strong as hell. I would not be surprised if the Hi Shin Unit’s defeat is so certain that Kochou himself shows up to Eikyuu, with his plan being to crush Eikyuu and separate the Kanki army from Ousen and Yo Tan Wa. This would leave a devastated Kanki army alone against Kochou’s much larger army, and this would also allow Kochou to pincer Ousen’s army which would basically force Qin to totally retreat.

In other words, I think Kanki is trying to devastate the Qin army so horribly that Kochou would be an idiot not to personally take to the front lines and fight himself. This will be Kanki’s only opportunity to slay Kochou, a traditional victory against Kochou really isn’t possible.

So yeah, I predict that the HSU is about to be crushed and that this entire battle may just result in Kochou dying at Eikyuu.
interesting theory. but also if shin takes eikyu. it is also possible for them to be impatient and try to annihilate hi shin unit on the spot, and that when kanki will strike.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
interesting theory. but also if shin takes eikyu. it is also possible for them to be impatient and try to annihilate hi shin unit on the spot, and that when kanki will strike.
If Shin takes Eikyuu, I would not be surprised if Kanki actually gets pissed off at him. Kanki is that kind of guy, he doesn’t really care about whether Qin wins or loses, he only fights wars because he has fun doing so. Kanki would send tens of thousands of Qin to their deaths and not even flinch while doing so.

If Kochou is defeated because he simply gets impatient like Keisha did, then I will be very disappointed in him lol. Such a defeat would not be fitting for a guy hyped as a deity within Zhao.

Last edited:
i didn't like this chapter
i hate this shit : lol enemy general talking about shin how he came up from slave to general
this no different than any bad hype for Mc in a shonen.

---

also really bad thinking form ten just for ohon to come and tell them the best spot to attack
wtf ?! is ten this stupid to not figure what ohon and the left wing has been doing all these 3 weeks ?!

really bad senariou for just ohon to tell them attack from here bla bla bla
___

bad chapter

This chapter was surprisingly very good. The number mismatch is too big between Zhao and Qin. Thankfully Rei saved Ouhon and thereby completing her first major assignment in HSU...

This battle is looking ominous like Kyokai and Shin predicted. Maybe this battle will be more bloodier than the Shukai plains.

I agree with Admiral Lee Hung's prediction. Maybe Kanki's fatal weakness is that if the enemy doesn't fall for his obvious baits, Kanki himself will self destruct as he always loses a lot of soldiers to bait the enemy. Maybe Riboku would have cautioned Kochou about this. If Kochou remains cautious till the end, Kanki may end up losing huge number of soldiers to try and bait him. Kochou can remain cautious till the end and slowly destroy the chances of Qin winning.

Great Analysis as usual. But here's the problem I see in Kanki's plan. He might be able to lure Kochou out but he will still be at numbers disadvantage. Unless Kanki is proven to be ungodly Fighting General with demi-god like army, he will still taste defeat. Kochou himself has been hyped to be a physical monster. So, taking him out even with a surprise attack will be a hard task.

Great Analysis as usual. But here's the problem I see in Kanki's plan. He might be able to lure Kochou out but he will still be at numbers disadvantage. Unless Kanki is proven to be ungodly Fighting General with demi-god like army, he will still taste defeat. Kochou himself has been hyped to be a physical monster. So, taking him out even with a surprise attack will be a hard task.
Taking Kochou by surprise may be the only way to defeat him. Kanki ambushing Kochou when Kochou lets his guard down will be the easiest way. Maybe Kochou's defeat will lead to loss of morale and thus total defeat of his forces like we saw many times previously.

Plus Kanki's army has monsters like Raido, Zenou clan to fight out Kochou if Kochou is a physical beast.

P.S. this battle may show us about another side of Kanki. He may be extremely good at conventional warfare as well even though he prefers torture, bait type unconventional warfare. Looking forward to see Kanki's evolution if this happens....

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
If Kochou takes to the front lines, numbers won’t matter much. The only thing that will matter will be Kanki’s ability to actually defeat and slay Kochou like you said.

As for how he can do that, I don’t really know tbh lol. I imagine just defeating Gaku Haku Kou Will pretty much exhaust the Hi Shin Unit and they won’t be of much help afterward. From there it’ll just be a question of whether or not Kanki himself or the Zenou clan can slay Kochou, and who knows. But like you said, Kochou looks to be a very powerful warrior so Kanki will not have an easy time.

At the same time though, this is really the only way to defeat Kochou atm, I can’t see Kanki winning in this situation in any other way.

If Kochou takes to the front lines, numbers won’t matter much. The only thing that will matter will be Kanki’s ability to actually defeat and slay Kochou like you said.

As for how he can do that, I don’t really know tbh lol. I imagine just defeating Gaku Haku Kou Will pretty much exhaust the Hi Shin Unit and they won’t be of much help afterward. From there it’ll just be a question of whether or not Kanki himself or the Zenou clan can slay Kochou, and who knows. But like you said, Kochou looks to be a very powerful warrior so Kanki will not have an easy time.

At the same time though, this is really the only way to defeat Kochou atm, I can’t see Kanki winning in this situation in any other way.
somehow I think battle of 'kakuyo hill??' will repeat here in eikyuu.. remember how HSU manage to create a 'bridge' and outdo enemies advantage..

also really bad thinking form ten just for ohon to come and tell them the best spot to attack
wtf ?! is ten this stupid to not figure what ohon and the left wing has been doing all these 3 weeks ?!
This as well has caught my attention. Ten is admittedly my overall favorite female character from the series, I thought she was great from end of Sanyou to Kokuyou Hills, but since then she's been so stupid, to the point where even the reader (I and hopefully others) knew why her plan wouldn't work before Ouhon told them. Ten has frankly done nothing special in the past 200 chapters and I'm kind of growing tired from it. That one instance alone makes me deduct a star, and I deducted another star as well because the whole "Ouhon & Banyou r gonna die!" card has been played before, IDK why Hara keeps putting Ouhon in grave danger for cliffhangers because we know he won't die lol.

3/5 from me.

If Shin takes Eikyuu, I would not be surprised if Kanki actually gets pissed off at him. Kanki is that kind of guy, he doesn’t really care about whether Qin wins or loses, he only fights wars because he has fun doing so. Kanki would send tens of thousands of Qin to their deaths and not even flinch while doing so.

If Kochou is defeated because he simply gets impatient like Keisha did, then I will be very disappointed in him lol. Such a defeat would not be fitting for a guy hyped as a deity within Zhao.

This how an general level figure behaves like Karyo Ten

and then Shin after nearly 700 chapters he is like an soldier who asks his general about his motives

look he is still dumb doesent understand anything he doesnt have the keen "eye" over just one battlefield Kanki and Kouchou are controlling left , right and the middle
here he doesnt even have a clue without Ten Shin would be murdered even Heki can beat his army

one page later he asks wonders about the cliff while Karyo and Ten have spotted it

martial art wise Shin is top-class but he is not a general class commander he is far from it

If Hekis army and Shin army would clash Heki would own