• ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • ⭐⭐⭐

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • ⭐⭐

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters
I mean is this really the thing we're gonna vilify Kanki for? These guys didn't seem to have a problem when he was murdering innocent civilians and children. Also, Shin wanting to ride up on Kanki is so dumb. It's in character, but it's so dumb. I'm curious how this is going to be handled maybe they'll strip Kanki of his GG position, or maybe Kanki will give Sei the same speech he gave Shin about how unification was always going to be bloody.

One of the many reasons, I love Kingdom is cause of these amazing Double Spread... literal Goosebumps.:steef:

I might be wrong but I guess Sei is gonna pull some Fujitora action here. He's gonna apologize for the action of Kanki to Zhao and most likely suspend Kanki for his actions. But Kanki will give him some insightful reasonings for his actions too. It's gonna be one hell of a conversation.

Hey, Mrs. Big Tities: Your husband was sliced up into pieces during his and his army's fierce battle again general Kanki. "Aww noo, but oh well, long live the new Qin dynasty!! Wooh Wooh Emperor Ei Sei"

Hey, Mrs. Big Tities: After losing the battle, your husband and his army were beheaded by Kanki "Ay yo, what the actual fuck is this BS, Zhao is my only home, fuck those Qin Barbarians"

But seriously though, am I the only one who thinks that Hara is having a hard time with or is losing a bit of the "subtlety" on how to make Qin (Ei Sei & Hi Shin Unit) seem/appear morally correct without making them act like 100% Shonen characters?

Like, this current Ei Sei these past two chapters is being depicted as a fool compared to the Ei Sei that talked to Ou Ki alone before Banyou and to Ryo Fui during the coming of age ceremony.

Alright, so I am hoping we are going to have a scenario where we get an argument where both sides have a point.

Ei Sei has legitimate problems with Kanki's actions since slaughtering that many prisoners is going to majorly piss off the Zhao populace, who are likely to hold a grudge considering they still hold one over Chouhei. I imagine Sei is having flashbacks to his childhood.

Along with making the Zhao lands even more difficult to govern, this is also going to make the populace of every other state more wary of Qin rule and could even make King Ouken reconsider his agreement with Sei.

Meanwhile, while Kanki's actions are mostly motivated by Raido's death, they are not lacking in defendable reasons.

Yeah, executing shit loads of prisoners is a bit of a dick move but what were those prisoners likely to do if they were let go? They would likely rejoin the Zhao forces again and have to be defeated... Again.

Maron was also consistently shitting bricks over how many prisoners there were. There were too many for what was left of the Kanki Army too handle if the prisoners had decided to actually do something.

Essentially, we have a clash between a purely military focused General that doesn't care for politics, dealing with an immediate short term problem on his end that causes major political difficulties for his ruler in the long term.

Either Kanki talks his way out of that one, and he somehow managed to gain some proof how some of these soldiers planned to regroup upon release and attack them right back

Or Sei demotes him from the 6GG ranks.
Post automatically merged:

Now for a what if scenario, what do yall think Ousen would have done if he was in Kanki's place to those 100k soldiers?

@TheKnightOfTheSea @RayanOO @Fleet Admiral Lee Hung @Owl Ki @Blackbeard @Dark Admiral @Bepo etc.

Hey, Mrs. Big Tities: Your husband was sliced up into pieces during his and his army's fierce battle again general Kanki. "Aww noo, but oh well, long live the new Qin dynasty!! Wooh Wooh Emperor Ei Sei"

Hey, Mrs. Big Tities: After losing the battle, your husband and his army were beheaded by Kanki "Ay yo, what the actual fuck is this BS, Zhao is my only home, fuck those Qin Barbarians"

But seriously though, am I the only one who thinks that Hara is having a hard time with or is losing a bit of the "subtlety" on how to make Qin (Ei Sei & Hi Shin Unit) seem/appear morally correct without making them act like 100% Shonen characters?

Like, this current Ei Sei these past two chapters is being depicted as a fool compared to the Ei Sei that talked to Ou Ki alone before Banyou and to Ryo Fui during the coming of age ceremony.
yep
the HSU their true place is shonen manga
but Ei sei agree he was not like this before
and i think it will make sense if IF the reason he showed this expression and reaction not cuz 100k got killed nah but cuz his goal gonna have more obstacles now

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Alright so I’ll say definitively:

This was a colossal fuckup from Kanki. Not from a logistical standpoint, but from the perspective of Qin trying to Unify China, slaughtering these people was a very bad move. I do think ideally Qin would’ve released all of these prisoners back into Zhao. Sure they would’ve all raised blades against Qin immediately, but this would’ve shown the rest of China that Qin was aiming for unification for the right reasons. Now, the Qin appear to be bloodlusted warmongers because of Kanki. Very very bad move. We’ll see how Sei reacts, but the people of Zhao and the rest of China will not forgive Qin for this even if Ei Sei were to actually execute Kanki here.

But what’s interesting (and incredible writing from Hara), is that I did not think the Qin 6 system would backfire on Sei this quickly, but I love the twist. The strength to defeat Kochou in such a relatively sudden manner comes at the cost of giving too much power to Un-trustworthy men like Kanki and Ousen. Hopefully this will not be the last time this happens, as a Qin 6 that bites back at Sei himself is far more interesting than a Qin 6 who were almost religiously loyal to King Sho.

Great development, and I’m very eager to see how Sei will deal with Kanki after this.

TheKnightOfTheSea

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓'𝖘 𝕾𝖕𝖆𝖜𝖓
Kanki just made life a lotttt harder for Qin.

Now, Zhao hates Qin even more, and Zhao troops won't take the risk of surrendering. Not to mention, other states will probably fight harder against Qin now.

Most importantly(imo), The Qi King may stop supporting Sei.

Do y'all think Shin and Sei will have different opinions on how to deal with Kanki or nah?

Now for a what if scenario, what do yall think Ousen would have done if he was in Kanki's place to those 100k soldiers?

@TheKnightOfTheSea @RayanOO @Fleet Admiral Lee Hung @Owl Ki @Blackbeard @Dark Admiral @Bepo etc.
My guess is that he would say something like this: "Hoh. Join more, or I will leave you under the watch of Kanki. Hoh".

@Fleet Admiral Lee Hung @Da evil Who etc what do you think generals like Yotanwa, Moubu, Tou, Ouki, Duke Hyou would have done with the 100k prisoners?

But what’s interesting (and incredible writing from Hara), is that I did not think the Qin 6 system would backfire on Sei this quickly, but I love the twist. The strength to defeat Kochou in such a relatively sudden manner comes at the cost of giving too much power to Un-trustworthy men like Kanki and Ousen. Hopefully this will not be the last time this happens, as a Qin 6 that bites back at Sei himself is far more interesting than a Qin 6 who were almost religiously loyal to King Sho.
Honestly, I think Sei should have waited a couple of more years before reestablishing the system, but i can totally understand why he revived the system right now. Good writing from Hara.

I can't picture Yotanwa or Tou ever disobeying an order from Sei, but I can definitely see Ousen doing it. (Not sure about Moubu, he didn't seem that loyal to Ryofui, and we know nothing about his relationship with Sei.).

I guess is that Kanki's going to call out Sei the same way he called out Shin:

Maybe we'll get Kanki's backstory?

I wonder if Hara's planning something special for Chapter 700.

Hopefully this will not be the last time this happens, as a Qin 6 that bites back at Sei himself is far more interesting than a Qin 6 who were almost religiously loyal to King Sho.
Not one of the first times for this to happen, Ousen openly told Riboku to join him so they can start a new Kingdom that shall stand unrivaled in strength, we will probably see more of this double edged sword of the 6GG system in the future too.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
My guess is that he would say something like this: "Hoh. Join more, or I will leave you under the watch of Kanki. Hoh".

@Fleet Admiral Lee Hung @Da evil Who etc what do you think generals like Yotanwa, Moubu, Tou, Ouki, Duke Hyou would have done with the 100k prisoners?
These prisoners ended up surrendering to Kanki specifically because Kanki had his misinformation squads spread false info among the Zhao which caused the Zhao soldiers to ultimately surrender as they were hearing conflicting reports left and right and did not know what to believe. Many of them didn’t even know which army they surrendered to.

Since no other Qin General would’ve attempted something like this, none of them would’ve wound up with this many prisoners to begin with and thus wouldn’t have had any choice to make.

But if for whatever reason they wound up with 100k prisoners..I think in the circumstances every current Qin General would’ve released them. The worst thing you might see would be Ousen planting spies within the released prisoners or something like that. Even this debatably wouldn’t even work to begin with lol.

Yeah I don’t see any other Qin generals executing these men, especially not Ousen who seems to care more than the rest about what the masses perceive him to be.

Like Fleet Admiral Lee said, they would probably avoid prisoners by fighting in such a way that most of the soldiers just run away scattered.

But for any Qin generals stuck in this specific case, then there's only two options for those prisoners: Kill them or Release them. And when we actually analyze the context around Qin's invasion of Zhao, those generals you listed would end up having no choice but to kill them in this situation.

Before Kochou decided to focus on Kanki coming in too far, Qin's 6 GG were literally stalemated, unable to progress beyond Gyou. Can you imagine losing a big portion of your army, while on defense, then releasing 100k enemy soldiers, while you know that Ri Boku is probably going to come back and replace Kochou?? Wasting even more of your already depleted army to fight the same soldiers again, while they have a new stronger general...

That's extremely foolish... especially since Qin has a time limit for their conquest (extended because of Qin/Wei alliance, but still)

The way Hara wrote this Kanki vs. Kochou situation. It was always going to be a lose lose for Qin...

1) Don't wander too deep, but your at a stalemate.

2) Kill Kochou, but release his army, Ri Boku gets stronger.

3) Kill Kochou, kill his army that surrendered, rest is just politics

Hara is in a very tough spot with these characters. The execution will have to depend on their subtle characterization. Because Kanki is 100% in the right, but so is Ei Sei.

People saying its a bad move from Kanki seems to naver have hear is Genghis Khan and how he used psycological warfare to make people surender even before the fight.

How he would feed those 100k prisoners? How much personal would be needed to control them? How they would prevent them from forming another army? There's a lot of times in history where generals have killed the POW because of those reasons.

The real life Ei was a ruthless ruler, wonder how Hara will deal with it in the manga. For sure Shin can be the normal shounen character, but the goal of uniting China is impossible for a good guy to achive.

funny ei sei show up with kings army and qin shi huang vs hades in record of ragnarok
Coincidence? I Think Not ! lol

on serious note yes kanki fuck up with slaughtering 100k but if release them meaning more army to defended kantan then he do the right thing
and ei sei is also right by killing 100k then qin name will always mullded in history as bloodthirsty kingdom noboy will support unification of china even maybe qi king will change its mind ...
and i think ei sei is not sad about the massacre he is thinking about the long run where everyone will hate qin and think about them as bloodthirsty murderer.

but in the end handling with 100k prisoners is hard in the end they can only use third option "the long march" to remove prisoners frm zhao territory completely ...

D

Dragomir

I mean is this really the thing we're gonna vilify Kanki for? These guys didn't seem to have a problem when he was murdering innocent civilians and children. Also, Shin wanting to ride up on Kanki is so dumb. It's in character, but it's so dumb. I'm curious how this is going to be handled maybe they'll strip Kanki of his GG position, or maybe Kanki will give Sei the same speech he gave Shin about how unification was always going to be bloody.
Yes, this is something you have to vilify him for. Sure, he's killed innocent people before, but those are small-scale massacres. Something you can cover up and thus, tolerate. The same cannot be said for massacring 100k surrendered soldiers. @Fleet Admiral Lee Hung and @Owl Ki hit perfectly on the nail. Kanki's actions here make it much more difficult for Qin to achieve unification now and he should know that. There's a limit to how far Kanki can go with his heinous deeds and if they start getting in the way of Sei's ambition then that's gonna be a problem and it needs to be solved.

I think it's always been theorized that one of the 6GG candidates, specifically Kanki, would die to free up a spot for the 3 young generals, but Kanki getting stripped of that title sounds even better to me. Personally was never on board with Kanki's death theory anyway.

Really excited to see what the conversation between Sei and Kanki will be like. Hoping it's as fire as Sei's and Ryofui's. :steef: