Rules Kingdom General Discussion

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
lol
i enjoyed this arc alot
but what happened at the end spoilers (
not just shin back to life , the battle become disaster and illogical like mouten leaving his army lol wtf then ousen role in the battle vs ribouku he done nothing just like reactionner lol . i hated this many things thta only came at the end of the arc . i gotbored many times around the end with starvation shit cuz it stretched than it should .
but the arc has many things enjoyed a lot like goyun , mountain people plot are best thing in this arc for me , ousen plans at the start and at end
:steef:

that's why as perfection arc it's not on my list , and i say this as reader who has been reading weekly since early 2014 )
all kingdom arc are perfect in my view except this one

lol pls don't compare it to CI arc
that arc is like the best in manga world not only kingdom :beckmoji:
The four best arcs I have ever read in manga, one is Lost Children/Conviction from Berserk. The other 3 are the 3 Kingdom Arcs I mentioned lol. And I think the Gyou Arc was so awesome that it still gives me chills thinking about certain hype moments to this day.

Why was Mouten leaving his army illogical? Bananji was plowing towards Ousen and the Qin could not stop him. Holding Kisui off meant nothing if Ousen got taken out by Bananji. This was one of the best parts of the arc for me as it was the culmination of Ousen/Riboku’s double pincer where the tension was through the f***ing roof to me lol.

I won’t comment on the Houken stuff as I can’t convince anyone that it was actually good, but I loved it lol.

Gyou’Un Sama is still to this day one of my favorite manga characters ever and my second favorite Zhao General behind Riboku, and I loved every second of the Right Wing battle. I think he and Chou Garyuu were pretty much flawless antagonists for Shin and Ouhon, and they gave the right wing battle’s conflict a sense of heavy weight as Ouhon and Shin pushed their talents to Qin 6 level, as verified by two veteran Generals who directly fought against the Qin 6.

If the Arc had a low point I think it was most of Yo Tan Wa’s battle which royally dragged until the very end when Danto flexed his massive balls on Rozo. Ousen vs Riboku was also incredible due to the ridiculous mind games.

The four best arcs I have ever read in manga, one is Lost Children/Conviction from Berserk. The other 3 are the 3 Kingdom Arcs I mentioned lol. And I think the Gyou Arc was so awesome that it still gives me chills thinking about certain hype moments to this day.

Why was Mouten leaving his army illogical? Bananji was plowing towards Ousen and the Qin could not stop him. Holding Kisui off meant nothing if Ousen got taken out by Bananji. This was one of the best parts of the arc for me as it was the culmination of Ousen/Riboku’s double pincer where the tension was through the f***ing roof to me lol.

I won’t comment on the Houken stuff as I can’t convince anyone that it was actually good, but I loved it lol.

Gyou’Un Sama is still to this day one of my favorite manga characters ever and my second favorite Zhao General behind Riboku, and I loved every second of the Right Wing battle. I think he and Chou Garyuu were pretty much flawless antagonists for Shin and Ouhon, and they gave the right wing battle’s conflict a sense of heavy weight as Ouhon and Shin pushed their talents to Qin 6 level, as verified by two veteran Generals who directly fought against the Qin 6.

If the Arc had a low point I think it was most of Yo Tan Wa’s battle which royally dragged until the very end when Danto flexed his massive balls on Rozo. Ousen vs Riboku was also incredible due to the ridiculous mind games.
yep it has great moment's specially with
ousen
his plans are really something else .

you see it right , cuz you don't look at it from real perspective in war ,
mouten is not playing with few soilders !! a whole army is against him
and then he leave them like lol who cares ?!
what if kisiui pressured hard and annihilated qin left wing yeah it will not be easy but without mouten don't tell me the left wing gonna keep up with kisui ?! it's impossible
or if he pulled something like left half of army vs left wing and brought the rest to the center ?!
this why its wrong
also let me compare it to ousen in CI arc cuz he did something similar
but ouse did it right
yep he let the side of qin in front of Ordo open
but he was sure that Ordo will not dare to make any move
this is the difference . (i don't blame mouten here i blame Hara for this shit writing in manga that focus on tactical moves )

lol if you loved hoken part lol i can't say more
cuz that is the shitest thing hara did, eve oda will not dare to do it at all .

Agree him & ChouGaryuu really are the two who made shokai battle interesting to me

lol
Yo Tan Wa’s battle is dragged :whitepress:
it seem we can't agree anymore lol
it was the best side in the whole arc cuz i see it stacked with tension& hype moment and not dragged as shokai battle
even tho YTW is not my favorite character not even in top five for me .

The battle to retake the royal palace of Qin erased any doubts, if there was ever any, since his first real deathmatch that is, Xin is a prodigy. But he isn't any regular prodigy, because they are many of them, some even more experienced and stronger than he is. But, just like Bajiou, Xin is a special type of prodigy.

Like the king pointed out, when Xin fought Zhuxiong, he had lost himself in anger. He probably didn't remember that fight very well. Therefore for him, his encounter with Muta was his first serious fight to the death.

Bajiou and Xin are not the physically strongest amongst all fighters, nor are they the most experienced amongst that group. What separates them from the rest and makes them unique is their mentality in battle.

From what I've personally noticed in the 51 chapters so far, similar to other equally very well written and strategic battle mangas, the battles aren't and are not meant to be a physical battle. Instead, they are a contest of wills. The fights are simply the method used to showcase that. In a contest like this, the people who are most scared because they feel like they have something to lose instead of something to protect, will always end up being defeated, regardless of whether they are physically stronger or have more experience.

This was evidenced in the royal capital invasion going from 3k vs 80k to 50 vs ~300, because the ministers, regardless of how suspicious the situation seemed, believed they needed all the allies they could get to challenge Lu Shi's army. Evidenced in the "suicidal" nature of the mountain people, their female king, and the king of Qin. Evidenced in Xin defeating Zuoci. The defeat of Lankai and the complete crumbling of the king's younger brother and his minister's scheming.

Diao, the owl girl, was once again fantastic during this war, in her simplistic way with the very little panel time she received. And of course, the strategies and competence of every character was also still as naturally simplistic and subtle as ever.

During the march of of the 3k mountain people, the sparkle/bright reflection that one of the ministers noticed was a foreshadowing for two things: the minister's realization that this alliance was a lie, and the reason for Diao being alive when she was suddenly stabbed.

It also naturally lead to the opportunity for Brother Bi to find out that Diao was actually a girl all along, who was simply pretending to be a boy. We also finally found out the Mountain People tribe her family lineage is from. The once great power of "Xioming."

The king vs his younger brother. The stark contrast between brawn vs brain. Like I expected, it somewhat came into focus.

Just like the "Demon bird of Qin," general Qi always knew, through his master, the "demon god," king Zhao, a king candidate who mostly relies on their brain can never advance the country. The best thing they can do is simply maintain the status quo within the country. Because the majority of all of their actions will be pointless scheming amongst those in the royal palace.

To truly advance the country, a king needs to prove themselves on the battlefield, fighting alongside their own soldiers.

The king may have retaken the throne, but there is no time to savor the victory. They now have much bigger obstacles to prepare for. The Mountain People also have more mountain tribes they need to subjugate, therefore they can't remain on the flatlands.

Xin and Diao finally have their own house and aren't considered servants anymore.

Also, the king's younger brother is living up to his reputation as the brain. I believe that he took in all the lessons of why his rule quickly crumbled, learned that he needs to begin polishing his physicality, not in a safe environment, but on the battlefield as a lovely commoner.

I predict that the little boy within Xin's "Wu Chief" group is the king's younger brother. Unless he's changed his voice, Xin is just too much of an idiot to recognize what he sounded like or the fact that this young boy has a sword similar to his. The little boy is also hiding his hands inside of long sleeves, hiding the stab wound on his forearm.

The two young leftovers meet again, because nobody else wanted to have them in their "Wu Chief" group.

Onto chapter 52.
(I've been flying through these chapters lol)
"I should be at 100-ish chaps by late Sept."
(Lmaoo, foolish me.)

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
what if kisiui pressured hard and annihilated qin left wing yeah it will not be easy but without mouten don't tell me the left wing gonna keep up with kisui ?! it's impossible
Impossible.

Literally if you resurrected Gokei himself from the dead, the guy who massacred 90K Qin soldiers in only an afternoon, he would not have been able to annihilate the Qin left wing that quickly lol.

Don't forget that the battle was climaxing when Mouten left his army to assist Ousen, both Ousen and Riboku were pincering each other and the battle was literally about to be decided within moments. Mouten was simply heading their to slow Bananji's assault in the hopes that Shin could've taken Riboku's head, Kisui did not have anything near enough time to do severe damage to the left wing.

For Kisui to completely obliterate the left army so severely that he could then pincer Ousen's left flank, Kisui would've had to massacre tens of thousands of soldiers in a matter of literal minutes. And like I said, not Gokei, not Kyou, not Moubu...None of the most offensive Generals in the Manga could've done that so quickly.

also let me compare it to ousen in CI arc cuz he did something similar
but ouse did it right
Ousen pulled his entire army back to fake a defeat against Ordo, tricking Ordo into exposing himself, and then severely crushing Ordo's 8K elites.

All Mouten did was leave his main army to continue fighting Kisui alone while he took a small group of men to buy Ousen literal moments of survival so that Shin could get to Riboku before Bananji got to Ousen. I don't think that's unbelievable at all lol, in fact I think Mouten could've easily relayed some orders to his subordinate commanders and then left them to see those orders through. Kisui and Batei were not going to do severe damage to Mouten's army in such a short time, especially if Mouten succeeds in his objective, then Kisui and Batei's army is defeated by extension as Riboku would've been forced to either call a retreat or die by pincer lol.

The main obstacle with Rankai was getting past his thick skin, if kid Shin had his current arm strength he would have cleaved him in half with one blow. Rankai was basically a brainless chimpanzee whom even Bajio was able to hold back for a while, the mountain tribe trio initially defeated him has it not been for Seikyou threatening him. That being said, it's indeed weird to see that he got 99 during the same arc, another case where stats feel as if they were written by a drunkard.

TheKnightOfTheSea

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓'𝖘 𝕾𝖕𝖆𝖜𝖓
Probably as a safety measure back at the mountain kingdom for defensive purposes since I assume majority of the top dogs are with Yotanwa. Reckon he'll be saved for a larger campaign with Yotanwa.
Ordo vs Rankai I guess lol.

The main obstacle with Rankai was getting past his thick skin, if kid Shin had his current arm strength he would have cleaved him in half with one blow. Rankai was basically a brainless chimpanzee whom even Bajio was able to hold back for a while, the mountain tribe trio initially defeated him has it not been for Seikyou threatening him. That being said, it's indeed weird to see that he got 99 during the same arc, another case where stats feel as if they were written by a drunkard.
It's easier to list the stats that feel like they weren't written by a drunk dude lol.

The mini extra story about Diao's past was really great for her character, with some funny moments sprinkled in. It gave us a somewhat new deeper perspective on information we already knew about her. Doesn't matter how sad your backstory is or that you want to be a nice person, you gotta do whatever it takes to survive, no matter what it is, there's no right or wrong.

She'll suffer greatly along the way, that's undeniable, but hopefully Diao doesn't die anytime soon and gets to actually grow up.

Xin is off to his first real war. Diao is left behind, befriending the old lady who lives next to their house. I want to say nothing will happen to them, but at the same time I can see something happening where Diao will have to leave too, in search of Xin or something

The various Generals of Qin, and Wei, have finally started making their appearance, and God damn do they all look like twisted. Wang Qi at least just looks like a battle hungry fella who's somewhat reasonable, but these guys straight up look like demons. It's getting intense and shit is about to go DOWN.

Translations are now using the Japanese names.
Besides Shin's name, it'll take a bit to get used to.

Next stop: chap 53 to chap 103.