Rules Kingdom General Discussion

TheKnightOfTheSea

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓'𝖘 𝕾𝖕𝖆𝖜𝖓
Denyuu is probably my favorite minor Hi Shin unit character. He has so good moments.

damn he's tall lol

Mouten better slay a general soon.
Post automatically merged:

I hope all Six Great Generals are involved in the Final Chu Invasion, it would be a waste of potential if we never see all 6 of them fight together imho.

I don't think Tou will retire after the Han Invasion, I think he will definitely participate in the Wei and Chu invasions.

I think Tou will finally kill Kouyoku in the Chu invasion too.

Yoko Yoko reminds me of Ten's early design. Is Raku'akan going to be the final Han boss?

Last edited:

TheKnightOfTheSea

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓'𝖘 𝕾𝖕𝖆𝖜𝖓
I have one serious question: does Kingdom only consist of characters being on battlefields OR are there other settings too?
Kingdom usually alternates between one long campaign arc, then a smaller political arc.

It also occasionally focuses on other things like meetings between important figures, building forts and conversations.

B

Ballel

Kingdom usually alternates between one long campaign arc, then a smaller political arc.

It also occasionally focuses on other things like meetings between important figures, building forts and conversations.
Thanks for the answer. What are the characters' motivations? Are these elaborated on in any way or is it just 'general a sends his troops to this mountain' 'general b sends his troops to that river'

TheKnightOfTheSea

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓'𝖘 𝕾𝖕𝖆𝖜𝖓
Thanks for the answer. What are the characters' motivations? Are these elaborated on in any way or is it just 'general a sends his troops to this mountain' 'general b sends his troops to that river'
Most characters are motivated by a desire to protect their home state or expand it's territory, some are sadistic, others just want to fight.

Most of the big moves a general does are explained after they happen.

Just to let you know, in Kingdom the generals just don't sit in their base, they actively fight on the battlefield.

B

Ballel

Most characters are motivated by a desire to protect their home state or expand it's territory, some are sadistic, others just want to fight.
Oh god. It's not for me then. Those are not relatable character motivations for me
Most of the big moves a general does are explained after they happen.
So it's some 8D chess military strategy stuff, huh?

TheKnightOfTheSea

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓'𝖘 𝕾𝖕𝖆𝖜𝖓
Oh god. It's not for me then. Those are not relatable character motivations for me
Not all motivations are explained. Most of the time, we just get introduced to a general and we see him do stuff. Kingdom does a good job of making characters both relatable, and inhumanely strong/smart.

So it's some 8D chess military strategy stuff, huh?
Sometimes.

Some generals are 8D Military Geniuses who are planning everything 1000 steps, others just charge into battle. Some rely on a gimmick.

B

Ballel

Not all motivations are explained. Most of the time, we just get introduced to a general and we see him do stuff. Kingdom does a good job of making characters both relatable, and inhumanely strong/smart.

Sometimes.

Some generals are 8D Military Geniuses who are planning everything 1000 steps, others just charge into battle. Some rely on a gimmick.
The question that I'm always asking myself in such stories is"Why are they even doing this? What's their point? There's no purpose for all this"

TheKnightOfTheSea

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓'𝖘 𝕾𝖕𝖆𝖜𝖓
The question that I'm always asking myself in such stories is"Why are they even doing this? What's their point? There's no purpose for all this"
Kingdom takes place during the Warring States period, an era of China that lasted centuries where different states battled each other. The MC's state desires to end the Warring State period and unify China, that's the main reason.

FYI, Kingdom's pretty gorey.

B

Ballel

FYI, Kingdom's pretty gorey.
Got no problem with this.
Kingdom takes place during the Warring States period, an era of China that lasted centuries where different states battled each other. The MC's state desires to end the Warring State period
sounds good at first ...
and unify China, that's the main reason.
In history, 'unify' is mostly a euphemistic term for 'conquer them until they're too traumatised to fight back '

TheKnightOfTheSea

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓'𝖘 𝕾𝖕𝖆𝖜𝖓
So.. do they use this to their advantage?
They're totally aware what the cost of invading an enemy state is, but they also forbid their generals from killing any civilians. Their goal is to Unify China, not kill all civilians and rule over the charred remains of their enemies.

Not exactly an expert ... lol
Neither am I. Kingdom events are based off real events, so I'm just wondering.