Rules Kingdom General Discussion

I know we are all hyped for Kouen but I think he was actually talking about King Ouken of Qi. Isn't that the symbol for Qi in the panel? Lol.

SHK is talking about folk with the political clout to rally another Coalition Army against Qin.
Immediately afterwards King Ouken comes in, has a chat with Sei and drops the bombshell that he seriously considered rallying a Coalition Army to crush Qin before Saitaku convinced him otherwise.
So yeah, I am certain that SHK was talking about Ouken there.
Yeah I have reread these chapters and the man is definitely Ouken.

:josad:
@Big Boiii

He said it to Moubu straight up when teaching him the Echelon. That no other Qin General could defeat Kanmei, Moubu was the only one.
The conversation between SHK and MouBu at Kanyou begins in chapter 270 while the teaching for Echelon Formation begins in 309 and later in 313 SHK tries to motivate him and stirring up inner fire of Moubu by illustrating Kanmei's might and how he might be the undisputed strongest of China. SHK also hinted him about how important this man for Moubu's claim of strongest in all china. In the end, while in chapter 315, SHK felt pride and happiness for his friend.

I couldn't find this statement of SHK :
No Qin General was capable of beating Kanmei in any scenario, this was stated outright by Shouheikun.
I think you are confusing about some other dialogues or if possible post that panel.

Shouheikun disagrees, only Moubu could defeat Kanmei according to him. And his opinion >>>>> yours
All this means is that Shou Hei Kun believed it to be true. That's literally it.

Why you continue to take the statement of characters for gospel, I don't know, but it doesn't matter what they say.

What matters is what Hara shows you.

Touting the opinions of characters is near enough meaningless in the context you're arguing.

The first, second and last priority of any decent storyteller is telling an interesting story. In service of that, they will often introduce conflicting pieces of evidence, views and perspectives throughout the story. It's called drama.

There is also the question of whether SHK event meant his statement the way you're taking it. Did SHK mean Mou Bu was the only one that could defeat Kan Mei in a duel, or that Mou Bu was the the only one that could take the field and win? The former is likely, the latter not so much based on what we've seen.

In my view, Mou Bu is underestimated by a large portion of the fandom (as is pretty much any character not defined by their intellect, cruelty and/or "cool factor"), but I'm not buying he was the only man fit for the job. Perhaps he was, but the views of SHK does not set that in stone.

Last edited: