OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH damn
Post automatically merged:

damnnnnnnnnn

:pepebusi:

sheesh

Last edited:
Who other commanders aside from Ousen you think might be able to read and counter Riboku's "origin" tactic?

(It's the one combining strategic and instictual prowess, created by Riboku after his encounter with Duke Hyou by deconstructing the mechanism through which instictuals wage war). Even Riboku himself was suprised by Ousen seeing through it, as well as the latter calling Riboku "a true monster, like me" during that exchange.

@Owl Ki @Elder Lee Hung @FutureWarrior123 @Blackbeard @Jailer @MarineHQ etc.

Who other commanders aside from Ousen you think might be able to read and counter Riboku's "origin" tactic?

(It's the one combining strategic and instictual prowess, created by Riboku after his encounter with Duke Hyou by deconstructing the mechanism through which instictuals wage war). Even Riboku himself was suprised by Ousen seeing through it, as well as the latter calling Riboku "a true monster, like me" during that exchange.

SHK, Gohoumei and potentially Tou come to my mind. Not sure about Mouten. He has surprised Ousen several times but I believe he is not on the level to read that much yet.

I believe the likes of Moubu and Man'U can break through it with force alone.

Yotanwa would be able to counter it through the sheer brute force that her entire army can unleash. If she simply does what Ousen did initially and marches her troops forward then her Mountain Tribals will just thrash Riboku's Zhao troops in a head on engagement rather than get the even exchange that Ousen got.

Generals that are able to amp up their troops by boosting their morale to ridiculous levels could also end up brute forcing the formation head on. For example, Moubu during Bayou Arc turned an army of peasant militia into a force capable of mauling professional armies so badly that Chou Sou decided to literally dedicate the entire Zhao Army to killing Moubu's force. Other major morale amping Generals off the top of my head would be Yotanwa, Duke Hyou, Ouki and Renpa.

As for replicating what Ousen did and responding with pure tactics then Renpa would probably be the man to do that (and he is also a major morale booster unlike Ousen). I also seem to recall Mougou describing Renpa as a General with both Instinctual and Strategist qualities, so that should help against Origin.

Instinctual Generals that are trained in strategy such as Gyou'un and Keisha might be able to read and counter Riboku's Origin Tactic though not necessarily win against Riboku himself depending on which General. Gyou'un probably wouldn't win despite his great strength since he isn't a morale boosting General and he just doesn't possess the same level of tactical ability as Riboku, so while he might be able to counter Origin specifically, he wouldn't win against Riboku. I seem to recall Keisha was said to be a tricky opponent for Riboku to beat in strategy games so maybe he could etch out a win but I seriously doubt it. Keisha got a lot of talk but not much show. Lol. I would say that Keisha could maybe read and then counter Origin but not win against Riboku overall.

Yotanwa would be able to counter it through the sheer brute force that her entire army can unleash. If she simply does what Ousen did initially and marches her troops forward then her Mountain Tribals will just thrash Riboku's Zhao troops in a head on engagement rather than get the even exchange that Ousen got.
If all those mountain maniacs charge at Riboku's centre while previously getting a morale boost by YTW they might literally be the strongest force in the entire series especially with YTW leading.

I can't really add much to what Owl Ki said, but as far as actually replicating the origin tactic that Riboku constructed, Ousen might have just been the only strategic general that could have deciphered and copied it almost at an instant. Any instinctual general would at least be able to read what's going on and maybe be able to counter it, but that's to be expected given their affinity.

Tou is the only other general that I could see having the same talent, given he seems to have the keenest eye for the most subtle details, but that's just speculation. And of course, I'll proudly be declared a dickrider and say Kouen as well, regardless of his lack of feats lol.