Kingdom's best panels

What do you make of this ?

I like to slander Oukotsu and Kyou but wouldn't that scale the Duke directly below every Qin 6?

Out of all the Qin generals Ouki definitely knew the most about the Duke.
Nah that is Ouki going on about how the Old Gen 6 were a fearsome, loyal unit that all had the absolute trust of King Sho and all had the dream of unifying China.

Duke Hyou was offered a position but he rejected it. So King Sho obviously thought he was worthy of the position based on skill alone. Besides that, Hyou never really cared about unifying China, he only cared about satisfying his battle lust.

Isn't Renpa the same as Hyou though? I don't recall Renpa having a desire to unify China and the dude absolutely loves battle for its own sake. I recall his parting words to Mougou being along the lines "I'll keep fighting until the day I die!".

He says: "...that even we were not able to accomplish..."
So I guess the old Great Heavens also desired to unify China.

I think the difference between Renpa and Ouki is that Ouki outright wouldn't fight for a king he didn't deem worthy enough (and that didn't have the specific, true desire to unify China) while Renpa had such lust (like Hyou) for battle that he keeps on waging war regardless. Lol.

He says: "...that even we were not able to accomplish..."
So I guess the old Great Heavens also desired to unify China.

I think the difference between Renpa and Ouki is that Ouki outright wouldn't fight for a king he didn't deem worthy enough (and that didn't have the specific, true desire to unify China) while Renpa had such lust (like Hyou) for battle that he keeps on waging war regardless. Lol.
To be fair, "we" could just mean collectively the Qin 6 and Zhao 3 overall but not necessarily Renpa himself. All the Qin 6 wanted to unify China and so did Rinshoujo. Renpa could just be the odd one out of the group. Lol.

Besides, this was advice to Shin on what he needed to do in order to be considered a superior General to the Old Gen GGs. It doesn't necessarily reflect on Renpa's own desire to have a united China.

To be fair, "we" could just mean collectively the Qin 6 and Zhao 3 overall but not necessarily Renpa himself. All the Qin 6 wanted to unify China and so did Rinshoujo. Renpa could just be the odd one out of the group. Lol.

Besides, this was advice to Shin on what he needed to do in order to be considered a superior General to the Old Gen GGs. It doesn't necessarily reflect on Renpa's own desire to have a united China.
Yeah I see what you're saying.

I like to slander Oukotsu and Kyou but wouldn't that scale the Duke directly below every Qin 6?

The sheer disrespect Ouki has for saying this in front of his protege, Tou-sama.

I still attribute this to Hara not thinking things through when he drew this.

Then later Tou is my equal, Ousen could have been one decades ago, Duke refused etc..
This is a statement that Hara changed his mind on or Ouki was just hyping up his buddies

Then later Tou is my equal, Ousen could have been one decades ago, Duke refused etc..
This is a statement that Hara changed his mind on or Ouki was just hyping up his buddies
Ouki was hyping up his buddies. He did say after all that it was the old Qin 6 themselves that made the Qin 6 system exceptional, not the other way around.

Duke didn't care about unifying China, Ousen is actively disloyal and Tou was too loyal to Ouki to have become a Great General himself while his master was still around

I don't thinm it's impossible for Renpa to both want Unification and also have lust for war
Unification might not be his prioritiy but he might have liked to achieve it as an impossible and significant goal that would cement his name in history but, if he couldn't, then fuck it, why not just fight.
i'd imagine he'd have a Gyou'Un moment with Shin when he gets slayed

we need another series of pages like this

from qin side we will never get anything similar or even near this .
cuz :
First more than half of those are dead.
second the few current one will not last much.

3rd even the new gen +kk can't be can't even stand comparable to just one of the generals in those pages, cuz hara aant forever to draw them with young /kids faces !?
and this kills most of the hype
even one of them looks like women
:seriously: moten:zosleepy:
so yeah not in million years we will get this unless if hara wake up someday and said let's make them like actual adults
but it can be expected from enemy side.