Fanclub KITETSU WANKER FANCLUB

Isn't SHK a supreme-grade even though it's not blackened while Enma has to be blackened to become one?

A swing from Shodai Kitetsu would shatter both Enma and Ame no Habakiri and still have enough force to split Oden in half and send an accidental slash towards Ryuma's grave to shatter Shusui. No wonder Gandhi is treating this masterpiece of a weapon with high respect. :steef:

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
Isn't SHK a supreme-grade even though it's not blackened while Enma has to be blackened to become one?
I am still not buying that whole rank increase when Kokuto. I will have to be convinced by it happening in front of me.
But yeah, Shodai is 1st grade sword but I dont know if it has better hardness than 2nd grade Shusui.
I would not place it above Shusui in hardness since that's a special characteristic of a Kokuto which Shodai isnt.

I am still not buying that whole rank increase when Kokuto. I will have to be convinced by it happening in front of me.
But yeah, Shodai is 1st grade sword but I dont know if it has better hardness than 2nd grade Shusui.
I would not place it above Shusui in hardness since that's a special characteristic of a Kokuto which Shodai isnt.
Zoro also used Sandai alongside Wado and Shusui to block lots of attacks in Santoryu which is impressive since Sandai is one grade below both. Sandai's toughness is great for its rank.

Well, Hitetsu is the one who crafted Sandai and his craftsmanship was said to be on par with Kozaburo's. What he said about Enma implies that Ryuma was originally wielding a Sandai Kitetsu-level sword before turning into Kokuto/Great-Grade, in other words equal to non-blackened Nidai which is in itself even below Shodai. I will also wait for a better clarification about the blackening process, but going with what we knew so far, Shodai's hype is insane.

Only downgrade i see is the death curse which so far didn't do anything to Zoro who considered it a problem child. In fact, it gives the blade more hype as Zoro can even sense its presence from far away. I see Zoro ending the series with supreme-grade Wado (Kokuto'd), supreme-grade Enma (Kokuto'd), and Shodai Kitetsu.

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
Zoro also used Sandai alongside Wado and Shusui to block lots of attacks in Santoryu which is impressive since Sandai is one grade below both. Sandai's toughness is great for its rank.

Well, Hitetsu is the one who crafted Sandai and his craftsmanship was said to be on par with Kozaburo's. What he said about Enma implies that Ryuma was originally wielding a Sandai Kitetsu-level sword before turning into Kokuto/Great-Grade, in other words equal to non-blackened Nidai which is in itself even below Shodai. I will also wait for a better clarification about the blackening process, but going with what we knew so far, Shodai's hype is insane.

Only downgrade i see is the death curse which so far didn't do anything to Zoro who considered it a problem child. In fact, it gives the blade more hype as Zoro can even sense its presence from far away. I see Zoro ending the series with supreme-grade Wado (Kokuto'd), supreme-grade Enma (Kokuto'd), and Shodai Kitetsu.
2 ranks below Wado and Shusui.* :feelsokeman:
I, too, used to think Sandai was 3rd grade sword too but it's actually 4th grade.
Yeah, as you said, its toughness is impressive and no different from others, so far.

Somehow the rank increase through blackening doesnt make sense to me, maybe Hitetsu meant an increase in hardness but whether that also means an increase in sword grade, not sure. Also, if it is true, it opens the question whether Yoru was 1st grade before blackening or it became one after it...

Certainly, Shodai has its own hype being the 1st grade sword and the curse has yet to do anything, maybe we will get some glimpse of it from Nidai in Wano. Sandai has been with Zoro since ch 97, I hope it stays with him until the end as I think it's more impressive for new WSS to have 3 blades of a different grade than having all 3 of 1st grade.

Personal fetish is that Zoro ends up using all 3 generations of Kitetsus but the chances for it are slim due to Wado Ichimonji so he could keep replacing Kitetsus until he gets the 1st grade from Gorosei. It's interesting tho that Oda chose to get rid of Yubashiri in EL, which was 3rd grade sword and kept the 4th grade Sandai Kitetsu.