Chapter Discussion Kizaru basically co-signed Bonney's and Kuma's death just now.

Apparently we won't. I just hate this shit. Conflicted blah blah. I wanna see some feats.
To be fair the conclicted thing affecting Kizarus battle prowess is mainly a fanbase theory and not a canon one. I feel its effect has been blown out of proportion by certain individuals as well.

that's why i want Zoro to fight Kizaru and Those slow fucks Vega and his gang to be safe , so to avoid any typical shit about Kizaru and also that clown Lonney Toon power user .

1/ Kizaru gonna be free from stress and gonna act since his team is safe and leaving .

2/ He can fight against adv CoC Zoro to see how he would do in contrast vs that power.

Honestly i don't care if i got wrong and Kizaru destroyed Zoro but damn just give us some shits , we already left an ass arc behind with thousands of PIS and a wannabe clown villains .

To be fair the conclicted thing affecting Kizarus battle prowess is mainly a fanbase theory and not a canon one. I feel its effect has been blown out of proportion by certain individuals as well.
The conflicted thing is just really one part of several. When Kizaru enters the island he's told three objectives that can't become collateral, then he's emotionally invested with the people being attacked and when he fought Luffy his mind was on the mission to execute VP which created this ridiculous fight. It was so trash and the only way this gets better is if Vegapunk finally dies and or Kizaru is given another order.

As seen in this chapter chopper has a higher chance of beating Kizaru than Kizaru actually killing Vegapunk so I'm hoping he gets a new order because this old clown isn't dying.

Something along the sort of Saturn wanting to ask VP personally what he found out about the Void century so that Oda can drop a lore bomb.

The conflicted thing is just really one part of several. When Kizaru enters the island he's told three objectives that can't become collateral, then he's emotionally invested with the people being attacked and when he fought Luffy his mind was on the mission to execute VP which created this ridiculous fight. It was so trash and the only way this gets better is if Vegapunk finally dies and or Kizaru is given another order.

As seen in this chapter chopper has a higher chance of beating Kizaru than Kizaru actually killing Vegapunk so I'm hoping he gets a new order because this old clown isn't dying.

Something along the sort of Saturn wanting to ask VP personally what he found out about the Void century so that Oda can drop a lore bomb.
Btw I’m not sure if Kizaru and Saturn forgot that they can’t destroy Punk Records and kill York but they are nuking the whole island rn

Found it funny Kizaru couldn’t look at Vegapunk in the eyes at the beginning of the chapter and then he did this shit at the end, especially considering he showed concern for Bonney 2 chapters ago lmao.
I kind of wish Oda would be clear with Kizaru’s role in this arc. His action in this chapter strongly implies he’s staying an antagonist but I honestly wouldn’t bet that there’s no chance he flips either

About Kizaru I think he's the kind of guy to do his duty if pressed but he will smile at the end of the arc while laying around defeated, knowing his friends have escaped.

Never mind this chapter. The first thing he did when he saw Bonney again was kick her off the labophase, directly into a deadly laser barrier and the huge drop afterward.

The meme idea of lazy stoner Kizaru and now conflicted Kizaru have made an imaginary picture of him that has no bearing to reality.

He’s not a stoner, he speaks slowly and is laidback in style as a play on him actually being extremely fast.

Kizaru’s actual actions are of someone who follows orders, is quick to go into battle and is loyal to the Celestial Dragons.

Saobody- he volunteers to go when Charloss is hit. He tries his best to get the Strawhats, and is hugely frustrated when he fails, capturing 500 pirates in anger because of it.

Marineford- perfectly eager to fight

Before Wano- volunteers to go fight the Yonko

Egghead- beat up Sentomaru when he didn’t have to because he respected him, has attacked Bonney and Vegapunk, put them both in danger. And in general has zero qualms about fighting the Strawhats, because why would he?

He’s clearly respectful and subordinate to Saturn without being servile. He gets him his tea, he apologises for letting him down.

Kizaru has fought to the exact same level that he’s always fought. There’s nothing inconsistent about his feats from Saobody to Egghead. He is a top tier, but he is nothing overly special among top tiers, other than his speed.

And while Kizaru doesn’t like what he’s being told to do on Egghead, he’s still had absolutely no trouble doing it. He is picking duty over friendship, there is zero signs he’s holding back because of it, and he actually went out his way to fight Sentomaru precisely because both are putting their convictions on the line.

He may, at his very final moment choose friendship over duty, but he is far, far removed from that so far.

I don’t know if it’s the way Oda is writing it, but it’s certainly questionable.
Kizaru couldn’t look Vegapunk in the eye when the latter was asking him to stop the buster call. He also wasn’t killing Vegapunk when he could.

He cut off the escape of those in the tube but didn’t actually kill them himself though he could. A good argument could be made for him just stalling for whatever reason. Maybe he’s just leaving things to fate, seeing if they will die without having to actually do it himself…or maybe he’s expecting interference.

At the end of the day, I think it’s more interesting for him to stay an antagonist even if it ends with the cliche “he could have killed them but let them go in the end” trope.

Never mind this chapter. The first thing he did when he saw Bonney again was kick her off the labophase, directly into a deadly laser barrier and the huge drop afterward.

The meme idea of lazy stoner Kizaru and now conflicted Kizaru have made an imaginary picture of him that has no bearing to reality.

He’s not a stoner, he speaks slowly and is laidback in style as a play on him actually being extremely fast.

Kizaru’s actual actions are of someone who follows orders, is quick to go into battle and is loyal to the Celestial Dragons.

Saobody- he volunteers to go when Charloss is hit. He tries his best to get the Strawhats, and is hugely frustrated when he fails, capturing 500 pirates in anger because of it.

Marineford- perfectly eager to fight

Before Wano- volunteers to go fight the Yonko

Egghead- beat up Sentomaru when he didn’t have to because he respected him, has attacked Bonney and Vegapunk, put them both in danger. And in general has zero qualms about fighting the Strawhats, because why would he?

He’s clearly respectful and subordinate to Saturn without being servile. He gets him his tea, he apologises for letting him down.

Kizaru has fought to the exact same level that he’s always fought. There’s nothing inconsistent about his feats from Saobody to Egghead. He is a top tier, but he is nothing overly special among top tiers, other than his speed.

And while Kizaru doesn’t like what he’s being told to do on Egghead, he’s still had absolutely no trouble doing it. He is picking duty over friendship, there is zero signs he’s holding back because of it, and he actually went out his way to fight Sentomaru precisely because both are putting their convictions on the line.

He may, at his very final moment choose friendship over duty, but he is far, far removed from that so far.
Why did Kizaru miss the capsule when he was right next to it in 1094?

And when he slashed the tube this week, why didn’t he hit anyone?

So Kizaru can accurately snipe a key out of Luffy’s hand from accross Marineford but can’t hit Vegapunk in a shuttle at close range just… because?

Seems unlikely
Stationary target vs non-stationary target:kayneshrug:
Or more accurately, plot contrivance.

Much like Kizaru not aiming for the head at any point in his life, despite the fact it would kill 99% of the verse if a laser burned through their skull.

Or in the entire history of One Piece, how we’ve seen exactly one character, Lucci, actually go for someone’s throat to try and kill them.

But he only tries it once on Luffy, who can conveniently survive, and no one else in the series has ever tried it.

‘Why doesn‘t villain X do this easy thing to kill someone’ is nothing unique to Kizaru, is a terrible argument for One Piece in general, and it certainly doesn’t change the fact that Kizaru has blatantly tried to kill every one of the Egghead group that he cares for.

Or more accurately, plot contrivance.

Much like Kizaru not aiming for the head at any point in his life, despite the fact it would kill 99% of the verse if a laser burned through their skull.

Or in the entire history of One Piece, how we’ve seen exactly one character, Lucci, actually go for someone’s throat to try and kill them.

But he only tries it once on Luffy, who can conveniently survive, and no one else in the series has ever tried it.

‘Why doesn‘t villain X do this easy thing to kill someone’ is nothing unique to Kizaru, is a terrible argument for One Piece in general, and it certainly doesn’t change the fact that Kizaru has blatantly tried to kill every one of the Egghead group that he cares for.
He only KO’d Sentomaru.

Also, when he kicked Bonney there’s a light tap sound effect when he yeets her.

Both are clear evidence of him not killing