Character Discussion Kizaru dies and his fruit...

Will appear somewhere on Egghead. Strawhats will recover the fruit and luffy will ultimately give it to Coby. It would be a perfectly stupid thing for luffy to do.

Coby probably won't have CoC as he was subordinate of alvida. CoC users always only place themselves below another CoC user. That breaks the pattern Oda used consistently during the manga.

So how will he reach admiral level? Proficient haki control and op df, as usual for admirals.
And what fruit would suit more for someone who names his attack Honesty Impact? Light. Light symbolizes purity, cleanness, honesty. And it would push coby's career in terms of rank immediately, making it more reasonable that he goes from captain to admiral within the next in-story months.

I don't think Coby is anywhere near lightheaded enough for the Light-Light fruit. Honestly, Zoro would be a better candidate... guy is a master of getting lost.

Style wise would be perfect, but I think Koby will be like Garp.
He could still be like Garp with the Light fruit

If anything it's the one thing that I could see actually putting Koby on Luffy's level

Luffy has a mythical zoan that he's honed to perfection + awakening + all 3 types of haki advanced

Koby could have the Light fruit + awakening (EOS) + all 3 types of haki advanced

That would balance them out if Oda actually wanted to make them rivals

He could still be like Garp with the Light fruit

If anything it's the one thing that I could see actually putting Koby on Luffy's level

Luffy has a mythical zoan that he's honed to perfection + awakening + all 3 types of haki advanced

Koby could have the Light fruit + awakening (EOS) + all 3 types of haki advanced

That would balance them out if Oda actually wanted to make them rivals
I agree from a battleboarding perspective, but I think Oda is building Koby as a Garp 2.0 in the same way Shanks is a Roger 2.0: same style, same weapons, and even same techniques.

But yeah, if he wanted to power up Koby in a realistic way, he should give him a fruit, and a super top-tier one that even power up physical blows like Pika Pika would be perfect.

However, I think that he will remain fruitless in the end, because I don't know if, despite their promise, Oda really wants to make Koby a real rival now.

Last edited:
Kizaru personifies the pika fruit
Does it work that way though? We found out that Luffy's entire personality is shaded by the nika fruit. So DFs most likely have an effect on their user's personality. Some obvious, some less obvious.
Kuzan is patient and remains cool. Akainu is aggressive and uses destructive means. Kizaru is slow is seemingly slow in mind and passive quite passive. Coby could become that too.

Shiryu's sword get a DF (of any kind) is more probable than Koby get Kizaru's DF.

I could be wrong, though.
:kayneshrug:

If Kizaru really dies, then the one who probably will has his DF is none other than his 'friend', Sentomaru.

Koby wasn't a subordinate he was a slave 😂
Doesn't matter.
Did he submit to alvida? Yes.
Did he obey obey orders? Yes.

Even kid with his forged CoC certificate absolutely denied submitting to kaido, forcing the latter to lock him up in his efforts to break his will. And kaido has CoC so technically it wouldn't even break the rule of kid had followed him.

Does it work that way though? We found out that Luffy's entire personality is shaded by the nika fruit. So DFs most likely have an effect on their user's personality. Some obvious, some less obvious.
Kuzan is patient and remains cool. Akainu is aggressive and uses destructive means. Kizaru is slow is seemingly slow in mind and passive quite passive. Coby could become that too.
Or do fruits choose users based on their personality?

Also, Kizaru is perfect for Pika-Pika fruit.

Akainu = hot-headed.
Kuzan = cool-headed.
Kizaru = light-headed.

Honestly, Garp would likely be a better fit for Kizaru's fruit considering the way he acts (sleeps on job, sleeps when scolding his grandson, doesn't give a crap about authority, considers his bags of crackers the most important thing in the world...).

Coby, I don't think he has personality that fits the Pikachu fruit - not to mention, I don't think he will be fruit user at all, considering he was trained by Garp.