Controversial Kizaru - The Light that leads the Way!

Rej

Year of the black beard!
:pepelit:

In this theory I will try to predict Kizaru's endgame on Egghead and after that his endgame in the Final Saga. This theory will be raw and simple, stay tuned!

Egghead - Unclear Justice & Nika
What does "Unclear Justice" stand for and how does it work? We have no answer for this from Oda, but I think Oda is laying out hints about it throughout the story. We are slowly learning how Kizaru opperates and this is exactly what Oda is about with this character. Oda is slowly building a path for Kizaru to take! This makes me curious about Kizaru's true backstory and what really drived him towards keeping and representing justic. Since his introduction we learned that he is rather a proactive admiral, like Kuzan and unlike Akainu who was reserved by that time. Kizaru afterall went straight against the Supernovas on Sabaody 2 years ago and he was ready to invade Wano.

Kizaru seems to be more on the inside, he is executing orders brutally, landing on an island via canonball. On the other side he is capable of forming bonds, as hinted with Sentomaru back then. Kizaru is not a coldblooded fighter, but he is seemingly on an act of balance, between work and representing his justice, but also keeping a standard of morals and consideration for his close ones. We never saw this with Kuma and the Pacifista on Sabaody, but it just shows that even Kizaru can become jaded or cold at times. Yes he is a man that seemingly has been through alot in his life and I hope to learn more about it soon!

This is one of the most important hints Oda is giving us about Kizaru. He acknowledges that he is just a part of a system (ruled by the World Government) and taking into consideration that he is respresenting his own justice, the Unclear Justice, then which justice is he truly representing?

Oda is really playing around with the term "unclear", it is a mist is surrounding Kizaru and it is covering the truth, but slowly through interactions, flashbacks and other cuts, KIzaru's true nature gets slowly revealed to the reader. A method Oda uses to make clear up what is "unclear". Not only that but you can take this as a parallel to the reader experience; the reader is slowly learning about Kizaru and his morals, but at the same time, Kizaru himself is learning more about his own morals through the Egghead conflict and especially Nika/Luffy.

In 1090 we see Kizaru approaching to fight one of his dear friends Sentomaru. At this point he should already be conflicting inside. The technique he uses is called "Yata no Kagami", it might have some more meaning than just being a cool name and having a cool reference, so let's dig!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yata_no_Kagami
It was a mirror forged by Ishikori-dome a deity:
"In Japanese mythology, she created the exquisite Yata-no-kagami mirror which lures the sun goddess Amaterasu out of her cave and returns light to the world."
This sounds like being significant in the context of the current events. Nika is the current sun god in the story and is Kizaru supposed to lure him out with his actions? For fate? For a greater good?

This is the fateful meeting between Luffy/Nika and Kizaru. Kizaru was still surprised to see Luffy and with that Luffy approaching him head on. Yeah, his actions successfully lured out the sun god and this underlines that his mirror attack didn't just had a cool name, but also a message for us. As Kizaru moves through egghead, he himself is learning more with every person he meets, be it his former friends or Luffy and the other Strawhat Pirates.

From here on we go into chapter 1092, the infamous chapter where Kizaru talks about not wanting to hurt friends and Luffy grabbing Kizaru in Gear 5 and Kizaru realizing that per se "Nika is infront of him". In 1093 Kizaru fights Luffy and uses two more techniques named after the other two of Three Imperial Regalia of Japan Yasakani no Magatama, a gift that has been given to the Sun Goddess Amaterasu; and Ame no Murakumo another gift given to a legendary hero. It speaks for itself, it is foreshadowing that Kizaru in future will gift something back to Nika, but that is foreshadowing more the post-Egghead events later in this theory.

By now we know that Saturn is the root of all evil that befell Kuma, Bonney, Vegapunk and now whole Egghead.
Especially Saturn's brutal actions towards Bonney have become an eyeopener to many, including Kizaru.

At this point everything from Kizaru's introduction in Egghead to his incapacitation post-Saturn-Arrival was building up towards Kizaru realizing that the "cog in the machine" he was, was actually for Saturn's machinery of evildoing. The unclear aspect of justice he was representing, was actually a justice that Saturn has wished for and Kizaru is forced to witness something that he actually never wanted...his friends suffering in despair.

Does Kizaru hold any will right now to continue the orders given to him by Saturn? Now that the machinery he is working for is potentially about to fall apart?

In the recent chapter 1103 we see Kizaru incapicated, he notices that Sentomaru has been captured, in midst of all this chaos aroundSaturn and Bonney, the only thoughts he can spend are those towards these people he considered "friends" during this arc. Sentomaru and Bonney.

If he truly represents any form of own justice then shouldn't KIzaru be aiming his justice to defend his dear friends? We saw him dancing with them together and listening to Nika folklore together. All the pieces should fall into place by now. The WorldGovernment, especially Saturn is the evil and the unjustice and his friends are all suffering. He can't just fullfil his order "quickly" as he wished without anyone getting hurt in the process. KIzaru realized this and because of that, things have to be done differently this way...they have to be done his way! The justice he wishes for most right now!

In the last panel of Kizaru we see him leaning on wall looking exhausted and all we see are "dot dot dot". Something he can't put into words right now.
This occured right after suddenly food appeared infront of Luffy, to nourish and regenerate him. The ray of hope that might end Saturns tyranny on Egghead.

Yes, I think Kizaru has brought the food to Luffy with his last bit of energy left. He was first laying on the ground, then we see him leaning on a wall. This food that Luffy received could be an inversion of the "Yasakani no Magatama" that has been referenced earlier. The gift for the Sun Goddess Amaterasu to lure her out.

Nika will return and end Saturn's tyranny here and with that end the suffering of Kizaru's friends in Bonney, Kuma, Vegapunk and Sentomaru. They all shall learn the justice that is Nika and what Kizaru maybe wished for. I think that Kizaru sees a part of his own childhood in Luffy. If we ever see him as a kid and he resembles Luffy in some way or shape, then it all would make more sense. Everything would be so more fateful.

I think, with Kuma damaging Saturn here, that all of this won't be allowed to go in vain...this will conclude here on Egghead and Saturn will fall, his machinery is very clearly doomed and this will allow for the Navy presently to take a new course.

Post Egghead - The fight against Darkness & New Justice

The world government won't let this incident of the hook, Kizaru has totally failed and for every marine on Egghead, a big demotion is awaiting. I think from here on Kizaru won't have any reason to make a report or return to be a World Government soldier. Saturn was an eye opener. For Kizaru there can only be a path forward from here on.

Luffy will be able to thank Kizaru for making a right decision on his justice, afterall he is "not a bad guy" and Kizaru's friends will be safe, as for Kuma we won't be sure about that one, but that is for another theory. Kizaru has to realized in what a position Luffy will be now and this will determine how Kizaru every will be able to pay back to Nika for taking out an evil that shackled his fate. And I think Oda has cleverly hinted this in Egghead.

The Blackbeard Pirates sailing towards Egghead! I think Kizaru will realize that the Strawhat Pirates represent their own justice and that they are no foe to the greater good that the World Government should have represented. Kizaru will realized that the true evil are other pirates like the Blackbeard Pirates, and the World Government in itself. He can't return to a World Government facility that is ruled by scum. I think that Kizaru will realize that the Blackbeard Pirates are on Egghead Island, and that the way he can payback to Nika is by chasing them out and/or tailing them out of Egghead to their future destination.

This is what by process of elimination makes the most sense, Kizaru can still represent his own justice an pursuade to be a Navy soldier, without taking orders from the World Government or reporting to them. He can still assist Nika, by going after his evil rival Teach, who symbolically represents the "false prophet". Kizaru can be the light, that removes the darkness quote on quote. And just maybe, he can repay the favour by rescuing Garp at the same time.

This would be a great way to have a good ending note to Egghead, Kizaru parting ways with his new and old friends in order to tail the Blackbeard Pirates. I can see Kizaru taking alongside every vice admiral that has been introduced on Egghead, giving them all a purpose to shine and fight against the Blackbeard Pirates. This is the inversion of the third earlier reference to the "Ame no Murakumo"; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kusanagi_no_Tsurugi
The sword represents the virtue of valor, something Kizaru will reflect when going against the Blackbeard Pirates. It was passed down to Yamato Takeru later on who gave this sword it's renown legend. It is possible that Kizaru is representing Yamato Takeru who later fell in a fight against a monster.

I think in a future worldbuilding mini-arc Kizaru will face Teach and have an extreme fight with him to the death.
Afterall Teach represents a Black Hole with his Darkness.

Black Holes are one of the most massive galactic phenomena in the universe, capable of feasting on entire stars or galaxies, absorbing or bending any light that approaches them.
It symbolically makes only sense for Kizaru to fall at the hands of Teach. But for what?

I think that however this fight plays out, it will allow another party, preferably the Strawhats to catch up in the race for the Pirate King throne. Kizaru will also be able to leave a message towards his friends, and especially marine allies and the future generation like Koby, Helmeppo, Grus, Hibari and others, including Smoker and Tashigi.

Kizaru will leave a trail behind that other people will follow, a trail of light and hope. He will leave the message behind that the Strawhat Pirates are not the one to be chased down, no...it will be the those that truly are evil, the false prophet, the gods. Kizaru will leave behind that signal and that path towards the justice, he truly believes in.

The Clear Justice!
The light of hope that shines on the Navy, to get freed from the shackles of evil reign. They will co-exist with Nika and free the world in the end! That is the future Kizaru will bet on!

edit: The reason I chose "Clear Justice" is because it references the clear weather where the Sun shines on the earth surface, free from mist or clouds. How poetic and fitting.

:cheers:
Thanks guys for reading this far! Kizaru not for Nakama, but his actions will for sure change the world, and it's all thanks to our beloved rubber man!

Last edited:
Good stuff ,really well written and thought out .
I like that theory :pepehawk:

I think as well that Kizaru failing his mission on Egghead might lead to great infights of ideals between the Navy and the WG.
Saturn probably falling on Egghead could shine some bad light on the Marines ,in the eyes of the overall OP world.
The WG will fail to cover this Event up as we know form the narrator,going into Egghead.

The Egghead Incident ,will bring a great shift in balance for the Pirateworld and Marines/WG .

Good stuff ,really well written and thought out .
I like that theory :pepehawk:

I think as well that Kizaru failing his mission on Egghead might lead to great infights of ideals between the Navy and the WG.
Saturn probably falling on Egghead could shine some bad light on the Marines ,in the eyes of the overall OP world.
The WG will fail to cover this Event up as we know form the narrator,going into Egghead.

The Egghead Incident ,will bring a great shift in balance for the Pirateworld and Marines/WG .
What if the event that shakes the world is Kizaru defecting to the SHs?

I think that Oda is writing a masterpiece in Egghead.

- Kuma and Bonney who have waited for Nika to appear are going to experience this for the first time in their lives.

- Luffy will defeat Saturn to free Kuma and Bonney, like Kuma promised to Bonney.

- Kuma will realize that he was right to put his faith on Luffy back in Sabaody. I can't wait to see Kuma and Bonney realize this, and Kizaru reacting to that.

- Saturn's defeat by Nika will bring the "light" to a lot of people and one of the first ones will be Kizaru, who may even side with Luffy during the fight.

- Thanks to Morgans, the news will say that Warrior of Liberation Nika is back and probably that Kizaru betrayed the World Government to side with him, the world will go nuts, this will shock everyone.

- The World will finally realize that there is "hope" out there, that there is light at the end of the tunnel, that they can go against the World Government. Not only mere citizens but mainly everyone: Shanks, Revolutionary Army...

- I think that this is what will trigger the Final War.

- All by revealing the secrets behind Devil Fruits (Nika) through Vegapunk and Saturn.

That's why I can't comprehend when people say that Nika is not defeating Saturn this arc. This goes beyond powerscaling and agendas.

Rej

Year of the black beard!
Also I'd like to reference the Punk Hazard Banquette here. Navy soldiers and pirates were having a banquett together, hand in hand. I think someone like Smoker already quickly realized that the Strawhat Pirates are not the enemies here. Now Kizaru, more and more Navy members will realize that until the climax of the story.

Also I'd like to reference the Punk Hazard Banquette here. Navy soldiers and pirates were having a banquett together, hand in hand. I think someone like Smoker already quickly realized that the Strawhat Pirates are not the enemies here. Now Kizaru, more and more Navy members will realize that until the climax of the story.
Will it actually become everyone (including the Navy) vs Gorosei and Imu? 👀
Although, if that's the case, I kinda expect Imu to somehow pull out an army or something from his ass

Rej

Year of the black beard!
Will it actually become everyone (including the Navy) vs Gorosei and Imu? 👀
Although, if that's the case, I kinda expect Imu to somehow pull out an army or something from his ass
I think someone like Akainu will be the last Navy soldier fighting for the Gorosei in the final war and he will get redeemed post final war either through a death or somehow else magically.

Then there are the God's Knights who will certainly fight on side of the Gorosei and Imu. Cipher Pol's maybe.

We don't know how the royalty of Elbaf is moving and what intentions they have, maybe some evil hardliner giant will end up siding with the World Government.

And then there are wildcards like Blackbeard and his entire fleet and Doflamingo who might return.

From the SHPs perspective they are still against Gorosei and Blackbeard pirates, it is just that some pawns from the good people might fall to the stronger ones to gas them up. Like Fujitora who could fall at the hands of Cross Guild or Kizaru who could fall at the hands of Blackbeard. = less allies for the Strawhat Pirates from the Navy.

Pretty sure that the God Knights upon proper arrival in the story will also take down some fellas before being taken out by the stronger good ones.