Kou En - The Tiger of Chu

Something I was thinking about yesterday: Kou En defended Chu from Oukotsu by sending Kanmei to deal with him. This means Kou En very likely has other 6GG tier vassals.

And would this also mean that Kou En gets credited for defeating Oukotsu as well? As it was his vassal who defeated Oukotsu.

@Owl Ki @Blackbeard @MarineHQ @TheKnightOfTheSea @God Buggy @FutureWarrior123
As far as we were told, Kouen saw Oukotsu invading, gave Kanmei a pat on his shoulder and told him "Boi it's your turn, I'm sending you to face Oukotsu". If that's so, Kouen might also have gotten credited anyway afterwards, but it's Kanmei who actually did it.

Now, if Oukotsu was moving under Koshou's or Hakuki's strategy (could also be someone else but those are the two names that came in mind)...in that case, Kouen might have won the strategic battle and have been able to put Kanmei in the condition to defeat Oukotsu.

Or, maybe he might himself have explained to Kanmei how to deal with Oukotsu, like the best way to approach him and to put Kanmei in the best conditions. Remember Riboku laying out to Gyou’Un and Bananji the winning strategy how to deal with Akou?

That aside.

When it comes to Kouen's vassals, he likely has the best set in the entire manga. And amongst the absolute manimals who serve under him, he has AT LEAST one 6GG level subordinate. Lol.

Last edited:

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
As far as we were told, Kouen saw Oukotsu invading, gave Kanmei a pat on his shoulder and told him "Boi it's your turn, I'm sending you to face Oukotsu". If that's so, Kouen might also have gotten credited anyway afterwards, but it's Kanmei who actually did it.

Now, if Oukotsu was moving under Koshou's or Hakuki's strategy (could also be someone else but those are the two names that came in mind)...in that case, Kouen might have won the strategic battle and have been able to put Kanmei in the condition to defeat Oukotsu.

Or, maybe he might himself have explained to Kanmei how to deal with Oukotsu, like the best way to approach him and to put Kanmei in the best conditions. Remember Riboku laying out to Gyou’Un and Bananji the winning strategy how to deal with Akou?

That aside.

When it comes to Kouen's vassals, he likely has the best set in the entire manga. And amongst the absolute manimals who serve under him, he probably has AT LEAST one 6GG level subordinate. Lol.
It's like Riboku and Houken.

Houken was the one who slain Ouki in combat but it's Riboku's credits for defeating Ouki.

So the same applies to Kouen and Kanmei against Oukotsu here.
This scene alone implies that Kou En was above any 6GG right? Arguably even including Haku Ki? Just like how any vassal General defeating any someone would also imply their superior would beat that person as well lol.

Curious as to what we all think of Kou En vs Haku Ki. Kanmei and Haku Ki had similar victory records (over 100 victories, no defeats). And Kanmei achieved this before even becoming a Great General.

TLDR Lee somehow has once again regressed to Kanmei wank. Lol

I think that a "pre sneak peak" regarding Kou En might potentially not be that far off.

His name was first mentioned in the chapters late 200s/early 300s, then got mentioned again in chapter 400 and something, all instances here being Chu related. Now, his name didn't come up in the Juuko arc even though there have been some suspicions on him having had a role in brutally breaking the Juuko 4, so he might potentially have been the lurking shadow of the arc. But this last instance is just a little speculation that one can discard if he wants to.

I think I'd be very hype if Hara showed some movements, or traces that can be suspected/ traced back to Kou En, even if it's just a "distant" event, detached from the main events that we are currently following. Like, I don't know, a Wei army is attacking Eastern Chu and completely disappears off the radar, or they are horrified by what they see invading and get scared, backing out. Mentions by other characters, panels of widespread destruction, it can be many things even together.

We would still be away from an introduction but...we are getting stuff, ya know.

Thoughts on when we'll get something new Kouen-related?

@Elder Lee Hung @MarineHQ @Owl Ki @Jailer @FutureWarrior123

Last edited:

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Thoughts on when we'll get something new Kouen-related?
I don’t think Hara has to be that sneaky lol, he could just outright reveal Kou En at any point he wants to. The seeds of Kou En hype have already been set, I think Hara could and probably will reveal him long before he is a direct antagonist.

Look at Shibashou, he was revealed in 514, first hyped in the early 500s despite not actually taking to the battlefield until the 770s.

Look at Kochou, similar situation. First hyped in the early 500s, didn’t take to the battlefield until the late 600s, but Hara casually revealed him at the end of the Gyou campaign. That reveal was really just random asf by the way lol, Hara hyped this guy as the “guardian deity” and then was just like “oh yeah that’s Kochou standing over there” lmfao, like truly random but same concept.

I don’t know when we’ll get a Kou En reveal exactly but I would hope it is well before his actual battles.