Current Events Kuma backstory is irrelevant

Are you interesting about Kuma backstory?

• Yes

Votes: 42 63.6%
  • No

Votes: 24 36.4%

• Total voters
FMI, Dressrosa, WCI, and Wano are post ts' versions of the Alabasta arc formula.

FMI = Damsel in distress = Shirahoshi.
Dressrosa = Damsel in distress = Rebecca.
WCI = Damsel in distress = Sanji.
Wano = Damsel in distress = Momonosuke.

Bruh💀💀💀
You couldn't be more wrong.

First of all you are taking one aspect of the arc and calling it a copymirror.

Alabasta was about Vivi, yes. They just went there because of her.

FMI is not about Shirahoshi, they just met her there and they would help fishmen people anyway because of Jinbei.

Dressrosa same thing, they just met Rebecca there and they would fight Doflamingo anyway because of Law and what they did at Punk Hazard.

Whole Cake Island, how is that related to Alabasta? Sanji is not a princess although he was Germa Prince. He is a nakama that left the crew to protect it. This is much more like Water 7/Ennies Lobby Robin. And still is way different since Sanji didn't knew he would die when Robin knew.

Wano is samething as Dressrosa, they just met Momonosuke after. They would go to Wano anyway because of Law and what they did at Punk Hazard and Dressrosa.

We can't say if it's irrelevant until it's done lol
I do not really care about it personally although I think Kuma's an interesting character (or used to be). So I would rather not have this backstory but since Oda's doing it anyway, I hope it's relevant & good at least

Last edited:
B

BBsZehahaInTheNewWorld

Does anyone really cares about Kuma's backstory?

I would found interesting during pre-timeskip maybe right after timeskip.

But now... I don't give a shit about it. We have so much going on for this guy backstory be relevant...

If Oda at least tried and forced Kuma to be relevant to the story. Kuma only duties was to save Strawhats from Kizaru/Pacifistas and protect their ship(still unexplained how someone could damage him so badly during those 2 years). He already fullfilied his role there is nothing left to him.
On the one hand he has been preparing the Kuma stuff for a very long time and I expect very very important related lore stuff being revealed as a consequence. On the other hand, though, I don't think I will be emotionally invested, Wano really has changed my stance on OP...

A special race, seemingly bullied and enslaved by the Celestial Dragons. The same group of people who also almost completely wiped out another special race....

Wasn't there a period of time that in One Piece, that was erased from existence, and we are waiting to find out what exactly happened? Maybe special races were involved back then? I vaguely remember this being a thing....

Hmm.... But, yeah, you're probably right. It's probably nothing, and irrelevant to the overall plot.....

A special race, seemingly bullied and enslaved by the Celestial Dragons. The same group of people who also almost completely wiped out another special race....

Wasn't there a period of time that in One Piece, that was erased from existence, and we are waiting to find out what exactly happened? Maybe special races were involved back then? I vaguely remember this being a thing....

Hmm.... But, yeah, you're probably right. It's probably nothing, and irrelevant to the overall plot.....
Kuma as character was surrounded with lots of mystery for such a long time and now we are starting to learn more and more information about him, it is kind of dumb for some people to think that his backstory is going to be irrelevant and not important when we have yet to see his backstory.

I do think his backstory will involve more than just Kuma's sad past, also Kuma is a character that has been built up for such a long time and now we are in a arc in which we are getting more focus on his character.

Kuma is a former warlord, a revolutionary, the former king of the Sorbet Kingdom, the father of Jewelry Bonney, and he is from a special race.

Yeah who cares about his backstory.:seriously:

Fuck those people, I actually want to see his backstory.:ultimoji:

Kuma as character was surrounded with lots of mystery for such a long time and now we are starting to learn more and more information about him, it is kind of dumb for some people to think that his backstory is going to be irrelevant and not important when we have yet to see his backstory.

I do think his backstory will involve more than just Kuma's sad past, also Kuma is a character that has been built up for such a long time and now we are in a arc in which we are getting more focus on his character.

Kuma is a former warlord, a revolutionary, the former king of the Sorbet Kingdom, the father of Jewelry Bonney, and he is from a special race.

Yeah who cares about his backstory.:seriously:

Fuck those people, I actually want to see his backstory.:ultimoji:
Kuma is one of the most interesting characters in the entire story. A man who had it all as the King of a Country, that gave it up in order to fight against the tyrannical World Government as a member of the Revolutionaries, before making the ultimate sacrifice and joining his sworn enemy for reasons yet known. On top of that, the WG branded him a tyrant, which completely contradicts what we are told of him being a kind hearted individual. We are also now finding out that he was treated extremely poorly as a child, which him being apart of a special race might factor into. Outside of the actual Straw Hats, he seems to be one of the most invested in characters to come along in a long time, despite not having any massive amounts of panel time. How people can look at what Oda is setting up with his character, and think it's all going to be irrelevant, is beyond me.

But now... I don't give a shit about it. We have so much going on for this guy backstory be relevant...

If Oda at least tried and forced Kuma to be relevant to the story. Kuma only duties was to save Strawhats from Kizaru/Pacifistas and protect their ship(still unexplained how someone could damage him so badly during those 2 years). He already fullfilied his role there is nothing left to him.
Bonney needs a reason to leave Egghead tho (oda wouldn't leave interesting plot with bonney). with Kuma's Flashback , it will make Bonney Leave Egghead and set sail with SHP

Post is shit