Results are only viewable after voting.

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
:milaugh:Mihawk stats and facts:milaugh:

Mihawk's original design:
Some character design sheets:

SBS info for Mihawk:
Height: 6'6" / 198cm (Vol 58; Ch 567)
Birthday: March 9 (Vol 79 birthday calendar)
His swords as characters: (Vol 95; Ch 957)
Mihawk as a woman: (Vol 76, Ch 758)
Mihawk as a child: (Vol 63; Ch 618)
His Vivre Card

ジュラキュール・ミホーク Dracule Mihawk
Debut: JC Vol 6, Ch 50
Epithet: Hawk-Eye Mihawk
Devil Fruit: [blank]
Haki: Busoshoku, Kenbunshoku
Family/Species/Tribe: [blank]
Misc.: Royal Warlord

How to Laugh
wahahaha and kukuku
First-Person Pronoun
Ore

Sex: Male
Ship: [blank]
Birthday: March 9
Height: 198 cm
Astrological sign: Pisces
Blood Type: S
Favorite food: Red wine
Bounty: [blank]
Voice Actors: Takeshi Aono and Hirohiko Kakegawa

Active Episodes
東: East Blue
空: Skypiea
戦: Paramount War

Essence
最強の座にて獲物を見据える”世界一の大剣豪”!!
He keeps an eye on his prey from his position as the greatest swordmaster in the world!

大海賊時代以前より頭角を現し、今や名実共に「世界一」の座に君臨し続ける、稀代の大剣豪。
He made a name for himself before the Great Pirate Age. Now, he continues to reign from his place as the Best in the World, both in name and in reality. He's an extremely rare (extraordinary?) swordmaster.

斬る事に研鑽を重ねた歳月はやがて、彼の前から「強者」の存在を失わせて久しく、七武海に加入したミホークは、団を持たぬ孤高の海賊として海原を周遊。「ヒマつぶし」に興じる日々を送る。
He devoted himself to the study of fighting with (killing people with) the sword for many years. Then, for a long time, he lost having a "strong one" in front of him. He joined the Shichibukai. Lacking a crew, he sails around as an independent pirate on the sea. He amuses himself by "killing time" in his daily life.

剣を業とする全ての者が畏れる"鷹の目"は、かつて刃を交えた"赤髪"を凌ぐ使い手の到来を、未来に見据えている・・・!!
Everyone who works with a sword fears "Hawk-Eye." He looks forward to the arrival of new swordusers who can challenge him even more than "Red Hair," with whom he crossed blades in the past.

「夜」一閃。その斬撃の威力は、氷壁をも一刀両断する!!
A flash of "Yoru." That slash has the power even to cut an iceberg clean in half!

自身の首を狙う男に、剣を授ける。ゾロは奮起する際、ミホークの指導が脳裏に浮かぶ。
He teaches swordsmanship to a man who aimed at his head. When Zoro is rousing himself (getting hyped, encouraging himself), he remembers Mihawk's guidance.

"鷹の目"が見通すものは、剣術の才のみに非ず。それは、立ちはだかる者が持つ力の神髄。
What "Hawk-Eye" sees clearly is not just sword talent. The essence of power is in those who stand firm against enemies.

Gallery Memo
初期デザインから完成されていたミホーク。二つ名は"千里眼"だった
Mihawk's initial design was completed in the early days. His epithet was "Senrigan." (Long Distance Eyes, literally 1000 League Eyes. It means clairvoyant. This was used as the name for one of Viola's techniques)

History
Before 24
: 大航海時代の幕開けを見る
He saw the beginning of the Great Pirate Age.
Before ??: 剣の腕を巡り"赤髪"と鎬を削る
He competes ruthlessly with "Red Hair" in skill of swordsmanship.
Before ??:"王下七武海"に加入
He joins "Ouka Shichibukai"
Before 02: 頂上戦争参戦
He fights at the top war.
Before 02: ロロノア・ゾロに剣を教授!!
He teaches Roronoa Zoro in swordsmanship!!

Trivia
【夜】Yoru
"最上大業物十二工"の一振りで、ミホークの愛刀。比類なき硬さを誇る黒刀。
It is one of the "12 Supreme-Grade Swords" and Mihawk's favorite sword. It has no equal in hardness, and is also a black sword.
Mihawk at Roger's execution at age 19:
Mihawk's manga colour scheme:

Cover pages and Post-TS Color scheme
Mihawk in Games

Thanks to @Light D Lamperouge for the idea and for helping me with this! :cheers:
Contributions and corrections are welcomed!
May I recommend positioning the post in the centre? Like I am going to do now. I think it looks much better that way. Select everything in the post, it's a lot I know lmao, go to alignment and press align centre.

Do you also think that the Yoru is the best Meito?
Yes. Not only is it one of the twelve but it's also a black blade. I think there's no higher rank than the 12 but if it did it would be Mihawk's sword.

W

wordyworm

World's strongest sword for the world's strongest swordsman.

Do you also think that the Yoru is the best Meito?
Since that Meito are not only swords one can argue that non-sword Meito stronger than Yoru could exist.

I believe that Yoru it's not just the strongest sword, but also the strongest blade
I believe that Yoru is stronger than any bladed weapon. Meito does include non-sword bladed weapons as stated by Tashigi Hitetsu:
In Japanese, he says 剣・槍 等 = swords, spears, and such.

Mihawk claims that Yoru is the strongest sword here:
The English version says "finest," but the Japanese is 世界最強のこの黒刀 = this black sword, the world's strongest.

An interesting thought about it being the world's strongest...I've been thinking about this a lot lately. Ofc the Mihawk haters will say that he's only WSS because he has the strongest weapon (Kaido debates seems to have stirred up this argument recently). However, anyone can eat a DF; it doesn't take any skill to eat.

From what we saw with Enma and with the Sandai Kitetsu, powerful swords choose their owners. There is a possibility that Mihawk's title does come from owning Yoru, and that Yoru only answers to those who can wield it, therefore Mihawk is the strongest because he can use Yoru.

Perhaps Yoru choosing Mihawk is the reason he's known as WSS, because even a physically stronger fighter (like WB) or a similarly-gifted swordfighter (like Shanks) still couldn't control Yoru. Mihawk's ownership of Yoru is proof of his title because he tamed it.

May I recommend positioning the post in the centre? Like I am going to do now. I think it looks much better that way. Select everything in the post, it's a lot I know lmao, go to alignment and press align centre.
Done, thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
No worries. Thank you.

The English version says "finest," but the Japanese is 世界最強のこの黒刀 = this black sword, the world's strongest.

An interesting thought about it being the world's strongest...I've been thinking about this a lot lately. Ofc the Mihawk haters will say that he's only WSS because he has the strongest weapon (Kaido debates seems to have stirred up this argument recently). However, anyone can eat a DF; it doesn't take any skill to eat.

From what we saw with Enma and with the Sandai Kitetsu, powerful swords choose their owners. There is a possibility that Mihawk's title does come from owning Yoru, and that Yoru only answers to those who can wield it, therefore Mihawk is the strongest because he can use Yoru.

Perhaps Yoru choosing Mihawk is the reason he's known as WSS, because even a physically stronger fighter (like WB) or a similarly-gifted swordfighter (like Shanks) still couldn't control Yoru. Mihawk's ownership of Yoru is proof of his title because he tamed it.
This is very interesting. Sounds pretty good.

In Japanese, she says 剣・槍 等 = swords, spears, and such.
Where do you get the raws? I have some sites but some chapters are missing.

I believe that Yoru is stronger than any bladed weapon. Meito does include non-sword bladed weapons as stated by Tashigi:
I agree with this.
Isn't this said by the Hitetsu guy?

W

wordyworm

Where do you get the raws? I have some sites but some chapters are missing.

I agree with this.
Isn't this said by the Hitetsu guy?
Remember when the first 594 chapters of OP were free in Japanese due to Corona? I got every scene that's Mihawk-related screenshotted back then. I had a lot of others collected through the years and I also used to screenshot raws when they come out. I don't have a good site for raws though. I just google the Ch title in Japanese + any keywords and look through Google images until I find the panel. If you have a Japanese credit card and change your IP region to Japan, you can subscribe at the Shueisha store.

I seem to remember Hitetsu saying that as well.

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
emember when the first 594 chapters of OP were free in Japanese due to Corona?
Yup. I got some scenes back then too. I was actually planning to get all the ones I was interested in but didn't do it in time. Though there were some scenes I wanted to get after 594.

got every scene that's Mihawk-related screenshotted back then. I had a lot of others collected through the years and I also used to screenshot raws when they come out. I don't have a good site for raws though. I just google the Ch title in Japanese + any keywords and look through Google images until I find the panel.
Smart. Will try googling it like that.

If you have a Japanese credit card and change your IP region to Japan, you can subscribe at the Shueisha store.
Interesting.

I seem to remember Hitetsu saying that as well.
Yeah, chapter 912 if I am not mistaken.

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
I can't find the panel with Tashigi. I thought it was in Ch 97, but I don't see it there. I'll keep looking, but I know it was established that spears and naginata were included.
It's chapter 97 but there are no pics of it. She just names the grades. Though, at that time the translation of it was 12 supreme grade swords.

Edit:

Last edited:
W

wordyworm

I have been working on some Mihawk breakdowns and had started to post them in the Temple, but since we have this place now, I'll repost the first ones here and then continue to post them here in the future. This is the first one.
----
Just to clarify, these are my opinions and I like discussing/debating so feel free to jump in on any of them PLEASE
--

The first hint of Mihawk is in Chapter 8.

The Viz English seems to imply that Zoro had actually spotted Mihawk and was tracking him. Or does it mean that he was only looking for Mihawk in a general sense?

“I followed a pirate I was after“ <– Reads to me like Zoro was hot on Mihawk’s trail, at least for a little while.

Zoro’s lines in Japanese are:

ある男を探しにとりあえず海 へ 出たら

自分の 村へも 帰れなくなっちもったんだ 。

Which is something like, “I went out to sea to search for a certain man and I couldn’t find my way back to my home village,” and that’s basically the same as the Funimation subs.

There’s no mention of “following” a pirate out to sea. I think Stephen Paul’s fan translation says he went out to sea to search for a certain man.

So at this point, we know that Mihawk’s name (or at least the Hawk-Eye epithet) is known all the way in East Blue, and more specifically in Shimotsuki Village. Presumably, Koshiro is the one who told Zoro the name of the World’s Strongest Swordsman, and Zoro set out without a lot of information about who he was looking for and got lost along the way.

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
I think Stephen Paul’s fan translation says he went out to sea to search for a certain man.
Yup. Zoro says he went to search for a certain guy and couldn't find his way back home.
Zoro: I don't recall ever describing myself as a bounty hunter.
I went out to sea to search for this one guy,
and I couldn't figure out how to get back home.