Fanclub Kuraigana - Mihawk Fan Club

Does Mihawk have COC?

• Yes

• No

• May be

Results are only viewable after voting.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
I have a Daddy issue when it comes to parents in One Piece.

Am I the only one who believes in one of the worst headcanons that Mihawk is Rayleigh and Shakky's son :/
?

I like it when the character has a strong Daddy.

Thanks to Minato. Yo focking Thunder God Teleporting freak!.

W

wordyworm

I have a Daddy issue when it comes to parents in One Piece.

Am I the only one who believes in one of the worst headcanons that Mihawk is Rayleigh and Shakky's son :/
?

I like it when the character has a strong Daddy.

Thanks to Minato. Yo focking Thunder God Teleporting freak!.
No, you are not, according to the results of the reddit user poll that's going on right now. It's actually one of the questions on the poll, and when I looked, the majority didn't think he was their son. But I do!
Most dads in OP suck. But Mihawk is so independent that I don't really see the need for him to have a warm, involved father-son relationship.

M

MD Zolo

No, you are not, according to the results of the reddit user poll that's going on right now. It's actually one of the questions on the poll, and when I looked, the majority didn't think he was their son. But I do!
Most dads in OP suck. But Mihawk is so independent that I don't really see the need for him to have a warm, involved father-son relationship.
Why? Mihawk's last name isn't Silvers and I doubt Shakky is called Dracule Shakky.

W

wordyworm

Why? Mihawk's last name isn't Silvers and I doubt Shakky is called Dracule Shakky.
I don't think she's the type to take her husband's name. She's a professional woman who had a name for herself before she got married, so she kept her name.
As for Mihawk's family name, I just figure he changed it at some point or was given a different family name at birth so that Ray's (and Shakky's) reputations wouldn't haunt him. Mihawk is very much the type of person who would go out of his way to make sure that he got by on his own accomplishments, not to use the famous name of his father.
You can read more here if you have the time.

M

MD Zolo

I don't think she's the type to take her husband's name. She's a professional woman who had a name for herself before she got married, so she kept her name.
As for Mihawk's family name, I just figure he changed it at some point or was given a different family name at birth so that Ray's (and Shakky's) reputations wouldn't haunt him. Mihawk is very much the type of person who would go out of his way to make sure that he got by on his own accomplishments, not to use the famous name of his father.
You can read more here if you have the time.
Read it now!! Thanks for the recommendation. It is a very well-constructed and evidence-supported theory.

But same with Zoro, I just don't want Mihawk's heritage known. Hard to shake off beliefs even if you get evidence of otherwise.

W

wordyworm

Read it now!! Thanks for the recommendation. It is a very well-constructed and evidence-supported theory.

But same with Zoro, I just don't want Mihawk's heritage known. Hard to shake off beliefs even if you get evidence of otherwise.
TBH, I wouldn't mind if we never find out. I heart my headcanon.

One thing I've been thinking about lately, and I have to tag @Finalbeta bc I wanna hear his opinion, is: If Mihawk is Im's son, then why would Im allow the Marines to come arrest him?

Maybe it's like I said above and Mihawk wouldn't want to coast by on his father's name, but it's Im instead of Rayleigh, lol. So Im wouldn't rush in to save Mihawk bc he knows Mihawk can fend for himself. What do you think?

M

MD Zolo

TBH, I wouldn't mind if we never find out. I heart my headcanon.

One thing I've been thinking about lately, and I have to tag @Finalbeta bc I wanna hear his opinion, is: If Mihawk is Im's son, then why would Im allow the Marines to come arrest him?

Maybe it's like I said above and Mihawk wouldn't want to coast by on his father's name, but it's Im instead of Rayleigh, lol. So Im wouldn't rush in to save Mihawk bc he knows Mihawk can fend for himself. What do you think?
Is "Mihawk is related to Imu" based on the eye? I remember somebody saying that few other characters also got similar eye design.

W

wordyworm

I didn't know you were an Im-Hawk believer! Sorry! So what do you think?
Post automatically merged:

Besides just the eyes, I think there's also a theory about the cross shapes at Mariejois that could be a connection to Mihawk.

I was paying attention to them when I reread Thriller Bark this weekend. I made a collage:

I think Yoru's shape is an ancient royal symbol. So there could be a connection to Im, but Perona is from the same kingdom? IDK. Maybe it's not a royal symbol, but more like a protective symbol.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

MD Zolo

Besides just the eyes, I think there's also a theory about the cross shapes at Mariejois that could be a connection to Mihawk.

I was paying attention to them when I reread Thriller Bark this weekend. I made a collage:

I think Yoru's shape is an ancient royal symbol. So there could be a connection to Im, but Perona is from the same kingdom? IDK. Maybe it's not a royal symbol, but more like a protective symbol.
May be it's a religious symbol like how cross is one in our world?!!

yeah in the anime while imu was walking through mariejois
the cross is similar to the one on mihawk
and I believe both eyes are red with spiral pattern. well mihawk stays in a deserted island, was he a cd?

am not so sure what other possible connection there is.

W

wordyworm

But do they? Is there any other OP character with same eye design?
Caribou is the only other character that has permanently ringed eyes. There are other ringed and spiral eyes in the series when people are intensely angry or shocked, or taken over by another part of themselves (Big Mom and Cavendish).

M

MD Zolo

Caribou is the only other character that has permanently ringed eyes. There are other ringed and spiral eyes in the series when people are intensely angry or shocked, or taken over by another part of themselves (Big Mom and Cavendish).
So, it is possible that Imu only had such eye because he was angry similar to Big Mom. Well...I guess it has no bigger implication.