Fanclub Kuraigana - Mihawk Fan Club

Does Mihawk have COC?

• Yes

• No

• May be

Results are only viewable after voting.
I

Indigo

Honestly I don't think that is downplay. Mihawk is only the strongest swordsman by title but it is a heavily implied fact that he never beat Shanks so even if Shanks is a swordsman there is simply no reason for him to be weaker than Mihawk if you are honest. Oda also treats Shanks like a much bigger deal and associates him with Luffy while Mihawk associates with Zoro. As a writer I would do all those things to make it obvious that Shanks is at worst equal.
How can Mihawk be the World's Strongest Swordsman if he never beat Shanks? and especially if Shanks is a swordsman?

do you really think Oda would just say that Zoro's dream all long is bullshit?

is that what you think he would do?

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
Honestly I don't think that is downplay. Mihawk is only the strongest swordsman by title but it is a heavily implied fact that he never beat Shanks so even if Shanks is a swordsman there is simply no reason for him to be weaker than Mihawk if you are honest. Oda also treats Shanks like a much bigger deal and associates him with Luffy while Mihawk associates with Zoro. As a writer I would do all those things to make it obvious that Shanks is at worst equal.
So what you are saying is that Mihawk's title is fake and that he isnt strongest swordsman and that Zoro is after the wrong guy? :sanmoji:

Mihawk is only the strongest swordsman by title but it is a heavily implied fact that he never beat Shanks so even if Shanks is a swordsman there is simply no reason for him to be weaker than Mihawk if you are honest.
大海賊時代以前より頭角を現し、今や名実共に「世界一」の座に君臨し続ける、稀代の大剣豪。
He made a name for himself before the Great Pirate Age. Now he continues to reign from his place as the Best in the World both in name and reality. He's an extremely rare ( amazing ) swordmaster.

[...]

剣を業とする全ての者が畏れる"鷹の目"は、かつて刃を交えた"赤髪"を凌ぐ使い手の到来を、未来に見据えている・・・!!
Every swordman fears "Hawk-Eye." He looks forward to the arrival of a swordman who can surpass his rival "Red Hair," with whom he crossed blades in the past.

When it comes to that he's above Shanks
But what if there are better swordsmen who are not interested in glorified titles

What if there was an unknown/unnamed character who could have found the one piece before Roger did, but they just didn't give a shit about it. Maybe they were also stronger than prime WB and could have easily taken his WSM title but they didn't care about that either.

:myman: