General & Others Law and Kid vs Big Mom was very disappointing

Probably the most disappointing fight in Wano for me tbh, maybe the whole series.

Whole fight just seemed like Big Mom being a glorified punching bag. Oda had Big Mom use aCoC on Page one yet doesn’t have her use it on Law and Kid for some reason. She’s shown terrible speed and AP, heck even her strongest attack got folded by Law ( without his fruit mind you). Law conveniently forgets he could teleport Big Mom’s homies ( not surprising at all). As for Kid, given the portrayal and hype Oda gave him prior, he was very lackluster in the very end.

This fight had so much potential given the abilities of these characters. For a fight that was supposed to be the most important after Luffy vs Kaido, it was just terrible on so many levels.

Probably the most disappointing fight in Wano for me tbh, maybe the whole series.

Whole fight just seemed like Big Mom being a glorified punching bag. Oda had Big Mom use aCoC on Page one yet doesn’t have her use it on Law and Kid for some reason. She’s shown terrible speed and AP, heck even her strongest attack got folded by Law ( without his fruit mind you). Law conveniently forgets he could teleport Big Mom’s homies ( not surprising at all). As for Kid, given the portrayal and hype Oda gave him prior, he was very lackluster in the very end.

This fight had so much potential given the abilities of these characters. For a fight that was supposed to be the most important after Luffy vs Kaido, it was just terrible on so many levels.
Disagree. I really enjoyed the emphasis on Law's, Kid's and BM's Devil Fruits over the Haki shit, it really felt like a good old school One Piece fight where the good guys didn't win by just punching harder but instead won by outsmarting their opponent
Law and Kid's bantz and BM's final speech to Roger as she's falling down were also both good moments

Disagree. I really enjoyed the emphasis on Law's, Kid's and BM's Devil Fruits over the Haki shit, it really felt like a good old school One Piece fight where the good guys didn't win by just punching harder but instead won by outsmarting their opponent
Law and Kid's bantz and BM's final speech to Roger as she's falling down were also both good moments
I agree that devil fruits fights are so much more interesting than Haki based fights but this fight didn’t seem very creative to me. The whole fight was basically Law hitting BM first then Kid following up, rinse and repeat. This fight didn’t make full use of their powers imo.

To each their own I guess

Terrible fight indeed

aside from the lame uses of their powers (especially Kid) there’s also the “this is my last attack, I won’t be able to fight after this” meme where they just kept fighting despite saying such things

also it sucks how the end of the fight was a non-ending with plot convenience bombs just taking big mom out for law and kid out of nowhere

lastly the lack of any actual dramatic stakes is just sad for an Oda fight

Terrible fight indeed

aside from the lame uses of their powers (especially Kid) there’s also the “this is my last attack, I won’t be able to fight after this” meme where they just kept fighting despite saying such things

also it sucks how the end of the fight was a non-ending with plot convenience bombs just taking big mom out for law and kid out of nowhere

lastly the lack of any actual dramatic stakes is just sad for an Oda fight
BM vs Law and Kid had plenty of "stakes" tho
It unironically had more tension than Luffy vs Kaido

Idk the fightstyle was really nice.
The art was clean.
We learnt more about DF awakening.
Some hyped panels.Law supermacy.
The major issue I had that is there was no setup and BM waas nerfed.
But since she is almost surely coming back for Luffy it sets that problem.
I have seen many complaints about fight but outside the nerfed BM plot I dont understand why.
It was more enjoyable and better fight to me than anything except Roofpiece and Luffy vs KAIDO post 1037

I still have mixed feelings about this fight. It ended up enjoyable imo with the DF focus and Supernovas duo, but Big Mom only using CoC off-screen during Usopp gag moment was so fucking ridiculous and most of the damage she took was all her fault for looking the other way or leaving herself open for free.
Kid was already messing with Big Mom's forces since FI arc so it was not a problem to see him going against her. Law was the one out of place tho.

I never ever cared about Fight Choreography in One Piece tbh, there are other Series for that
For me Highlights of Fights are Story Impact, Character Development, New Info or Lore ... etc

I would have been disappointed if Law/Kid defeated Big Mom Fairly in a Head-On Fight
But i'm glad that she was taken out that way & i'm hoping that she will return & do something Impactful

I wanna see Maximum Rage Big Mom, cuz it's always said that when she is Angry or Craving Food, Collateral Damage will be Massive
So i want to see what she would do if she actually wanted to Directly Destroy everything
(Basically Big Mom's Version of Onigashima Lifting or Birdcage or Shadow Asgard ... etc)

I feel their combat capabilities were well channeled by Oda but the major issue is undoubtedly how Big Mom performed.

Not only she looked particularly poorly reactive and static but her ACoC looked like vanished after merely striking a single punch to the detriment of Page One.

Disagree, it was more entertaining because it wasn't just focusing on haki but awakening something fans mostly disregarded.
Oda had Big Mom use aCoC on Page one yet doesn’t have her use it on Law and Kid for some reason.
Because kid and law are vastly superior to pageone also law already took an supreme king's from kaido and it didn't do any serious damage to law so why would it be any different if big mom uses it on both of them.
She’s shown terrible speed and AP, heck even her strongest attack got folded by Law ( without his fruit mind you).
What attack she use was her strongest?
Law conveniently forgets he could teleport Big Mom’s homies ( not surprising at all).
What good would that do? You seem have forgotten that big mom's homies are sentient and just go back to big mom.
As for Kid, given the portrayal and hype Oda gave him prior, he was very lackluster in the very end.
Oda didn't give him hype the fans expectations did and as far as I am concerned kid did pretty well in his first fight on screen and it was against the yonkos know less. Other than the rail gun he display the fact he overpowered and broke big mom's arm in the process is something what I expected from kid when it comes to brutality. In your opinion it was lackluster which is fine if you think that way but I saw more than just straight forward attacks from him.
That's just a matter of opinion some like the fight yeah it wasn't a clash between haki users but that's mostly because kid and law don't focus on that instead it is their devil fruits which is fine with me.