Character Discussion Law is both cooler and better written than Zoro

I

Indigo

Law is a character Oda created in the middle of the series because some editors told him to do it

Zoro is a character Oda created since chapter 2 and has been thinking about him long before, just look at Monsters and how Oda used to think about the series ending in 5 years

Law wasn't even a character in his mind for this story

:kobeha:

The only thing i like more on Law is how his overall powers work and his drip.

You can argue that Zoro's character is simplistic and one sided, but it has nothing to do with being bad or "inferior" compared to another character, that is a pure matter of taste.

Zoro will always be more proeminent in the story anyway

Last edited:
Law would be a better MC than Luffy.

Better backstory?
Check

Better Devil fruit?
Check

Is smarter than Luffy?
Check

Has a better design?
Check

Has more room for character development?
Check

is a D.?
Check

That’s just my opinion
Better backstory ?

It's what happen when you skip arcs I guess

Better DF
Yes but Luffy is more creative with his DF

Smarter than Luffy

It's Bad for a MC to be smart because most of time they won't take risks so less adventures

Better design

Luffy is cool ASF especially in Wa No even in WCI with his suit. It depend of what you like

More room for character development ?
Stop skipping arcs

Better backstory ?

It's what happen when you skip arcs I guess

Better DF
Yes but Luffy is more creative with his DF

Stop skipping arcs
I completely disagree...

Law has a lot of different applications with his fruit, switching personalities, controlling objects/people, teleporting, transmuting, curtain for defense

special techniques like Injection Shot, Puncture Wille, Scan

Luffy literally sucks comparing Law's creativity.

I completely disagree...

Law has a lot of different applications with his fruit, switching personalities, controlling objects/people, teleporting, transmuting, curtain for defense

special techniques like Injection Shot, Puncture Wille, Scan

Luffy literally sucks comparing Law's creativity.
Because Law's DF is busted whereas Luffy is just being gum
You can't do a lot of thing when your only ability is to stretch yourself
But I agree I underrated Law's creativity

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
Better backstory?
Law's backstory is more melodramatic. Zoro's backstory, in its current state, accomplishes what it set out to do. Establish Zoro's goals and motivations, as well as inform his character and actions in the story. In some ways, it's a more efficient backstory than Law's, as it tells its story in far less time back when Oda didn't have the luxury of taking his time with them since he needed to keep readership engaged, or risk early cancellation. Oda has continue to add to it over the course of the series as well, and there's still room for another layer of it.

Cooler and more creative moveset?
This is all opinionated, since Oda does not really rely on combat and tactics as much as other Mangaka. Fights are merely a vessel for Oda to tell his story, and in that regard, Zoro's fights are engaging, because he fights not only for himself, but for his captain and late friend. In just the most recent fight, Zoro overcame his personal mental blocks and embraced his nature as a conqueror. A reversal of his development from pre-timeskip where his respect and loyalty for Luffy developed and he relinquished his pride and ambition in order to save his friends. Enma was the plot device which tested its will against his own. The drive he had first setting out to sea had to come back to the forefront in order to win his most important battle yet and to reach the next step in his evolution as a swordsman.

Better design and clothing?
Very subjective. Starting with clothing, I like Zoro's attires far more. Aside from those that are great just aesthetically, like his Wano or Dressrosa looks (his Wano look especially for how authentic it makes him against the setting) -

-his default design marries the Western Caribbean pirate with an Eastern ancient samurai. That touch may become more complimentary once we learn more about Zoro's background and its ties to Wano, which we can expect a resolution on come Wano's end.

Basic design? Zoro has green hair, and is called a mosshead. I like green; it's a color that signifies harmony and growth, and I find the nicknames given to Zoro to be adorable and enrich his character beyond the stoic badass he's intended to be. It lets his design standout, and leads to funny banter that are normally involved in relationships significant to him and that can show a different side. A side beyond his harsh exterior. A gentler soul who cares deeply for those around him, and those who can't defend themselves. On the other spectrum, his body is wracked with scars which tell us how much he has endured on his path to the top. It tells us that at the end of all this, he made it because of his determination, will power, and dedication to those he holds dear. That even hell itself could not stop him. Which is a reason why he now aptly calls himself "the King of Hell."

Last edited:
Better backstory?
Law's backstory is more melodramatic. Zoro's backstory, in its current state, accomplishes what it set out to do. Establish Zoro's goals and motivations, as well as inform his character and actions in the story. In some ways, it's a more efficient backstory than Law's, as it tells its story in far less time back when Oda didn't have the luxury of taking his time with them since he needed to keep readership engaged, or risk early cancellation. Oda has continue to add to it over the course of the series as well, and there's still room for another layer of it.

This is all opinionated, since Oda does not really rely on combat and tactics as much as other Mangaka. Fights are merely a vessel for Oda to tell his story, and in that regard, Zoro's fights are engaging, because he fights not only for himself, but for his captain and late friend. In just the most recent fight, Zoro overcame his personal mental blocks and embraced his nature as a conqueror. A reversal of his development from pre-timeskip where his respect and loyalty for Luffy developed and he relinquished his pride and ambition in order to save his friends. Enma was the plot device which tested its will against his own. The drive he had first setting out to sea had to come back to the forefront in order win his most important battle yet and to reach the next step in his evolution as a swordsman.

Very subjective. Starting with clothing, I like Zoro's attires far more. Aside from those that are great just aesthetically, like his Wano or Dressrosa looks (his Wano look especially for how authentic it makes him against the setting) -

-his default design marries the Western Caribbean pirate with an Eastern ancient samurai. That touch may become more complimentary once we learn more about Zoro's background and its ties to Wano, which we can expect a resolution on come Wano's end.

Basic design? Zoro has green hair, and is called a mosshead. I like green, and I find the nicknames given to Zoro to be adorable and enrich his character beyond the stoic badass he's intended to be. It lets his design standout, and leads to funny banter that are normally involved in relationships significant to him and that can show a different side. A side beyond his harsh exterior. A gentler soul who cares deeply for those around him, and those who can't defend themselves. On the other spectrum, his body is wracked with scars which tell us how much he has endured on his path to the top. It tells us that at the end of all this, he made it because of his determination, will power, and dedication to those he holds dear. That even hell itself could not stop him. Which is a reason why he now aptly calls himself "the King of Hell."
I'll summarize this text for you guys: Law is cooler and better

Better backstory?
Check.

Check.

Check.

Not wonder Law makes Zoro stans so insecure. Zoro looks like an off brand Walmart character in comparison.

Edit:
To the clowns below, Zoro literally doesn’t have a character arc post TS.

Pre TS he said he would let Luffy die before sacrificing his dream, but then near the end he was willing to sacrifice himself and his dream for Luffy.

There was a clear arc.

Post TS Zoro is literally just an NPC who does cool demon stuff every now and then.
Both are quite lame in fact

I don’t have a problem with Zoro fans as long as they don’t come for Law or Luffy but this whole thread is full of cope

Zorobois are the only people on the planet that will tell you his backstory or his moveset are better than Laws

Ask this same question anywhere else on the internet and the response would be completely different

:kobeha:
Post automatically merged:

Law would be a better MC than Luffy.

Better backstory?
Check

Better Devil fruit?
Check

Is smarter than Luffy?
Check

Has a better design?
Check

Has more room for character development?
Check

is a D.?
Check

That’s just my opinion
To be honest... you’re not wrong

:lawbepo:

Better backstory?

This is all opinionated, since Oda does not really rely on combat and tactics as much as other Mangaka. Fights are merely a vessel for Oda to tell his story, and in that regard, Zoro's fights are engaging, because he fights not only for himself, but for his captain and late friend. In just the most recent fight, Zoro overcame his personal mental blocks and embraced his nature as a conqueror. A reversal of his development from pre-timeskip where his respect and loyalty for Luffy developed and he relinquished his pride and ambition in order to save his friends. Enma was the plot device which tested its will against his own. The drive he had first setting out to sea had to come back to the forefront in order to win his most important battle yet and to reach the next step in his evolution as a swordsman.

Basic design? Zoro has green hair, and is called a mosshead. I like green; it's a color that signifies harmony and growth, and I find the nicknames given to Zoro to be adorable and enrich his character beyond the stoic badass he's intended to be. It lets his design standout, and leads to funny banter that are normally involved in relationships significant to him and that can show a different side. A side beyond his harsh exterior. A gentler soul who cares deeply for those around him, and those who can't defend themselves. On the other spectrum, his body is wracked with scars which tell us how much he has endured on his path to the top. It tells us that at the end of all this, he made it because of his determination, will power, and dedication to those he holds dear. That even hell itself could not stop him. Which is a reason why he now aptly calls himself "the King of Hell."
Zoro is a faker to his own dreams. Zoro is a faker to his own morals. Zoro does not even have a code of honor. In fact zoro is so broken as a character i would lump him in the same state of chopper. Zoro is there just for one liners which is the most garbage thing a character can be.

"I'll become the king of hell":whitepress: