Powers & Abilities Lets settle this once and for all: was Kaido awakened or not???

C

CensoredbyWG

During his rooftop fight with goofy, we witnessed kaido use not 1, not 2, not 3, but FOUR zoan forms:

Dragon form:

Hybrid form:

Whatever this is where kaido has a significant difference on his face:

Flaming dragon:

Ok, we all know this since we read the manga, but whats the goal here???

I see a lot of people undermining luffy's achievments( to the point of comparing him to his underling whose greatest feat revolves around using all his might to give kaido a meaningless wound hahahahahha) saying that kaido was tired after all his battles, but was he rlly?, lets see:

He got jumped by scabbards that although using ryou were only able to give superficial harm with minimal pain on him:

He got surprised due to oden flashbacks, but quickly realized he was just on schizo time and oden was dead.

On this exchange, something very important was stated: YOU CAN'T EFFECTIVELY DAMAGE KAIDO WITHOUT ACOC.

Lets keep going:

Supernovas fight:

Kid attacking kaido without ACoC, result? No damage taken

Law doing the same:

A few screams here and there cause kaido is a drama queen, but no damage taken either.

Enma giving flashbacks to kaido with guess what? No significant damage:

First attack that actually manage to hit kaido and make him go from 100% to 99,9% health, ACoC asura, first time zoro used ACoC even tho he didnt even know what it was:

First attack that actually damaged him: luffy ACoC punch:

Luffy forces kaido to DODGE:

The only actual fight that kaido had was against LUFFY, the one who did all significant damage was LUFFY, The one who beat him to the ground was LUFFY.

Kaido's clouds were weakening because of the damage caused by LUFFY, claiming that he didnt deserve to win is as ridiculous as it gets.

If luffy died on 3rd round, kaido would kill EVERY MEMBER OF THE ALLIANCE.

Now that we got this out the way, lets focus on his awakening:

Kaido has had his fruit for, at very least, 25-30 years and he KNOWS how and what awakening is:

During kaido drunken transformation, luffy talked about kaido haki and strength improving, similar to how luffy haki and strength improved on gear 5.

Kaido difference from hybrid to drunken hybrid:

So you want me to believe that a man who had this fruit for minimamente 2 decades and a half, knows what it means to awaken his fruit, has been on countless battles and got a haki augment by transforming to another zoan form isn't awakened??? This is the best fruit in the series then because being able to gather all this PRIOR to awakening is insane, not to mention how he can use fire, thunder and wind as well.

Okay, lets say that drunken hybrid isnt awakening, how can you explain Blazing bagua?

Kaido's last attack, one where he engages head on with his whole body on not only Fire, but MAGMA and burns everything on his path(supposed to at least).

So kaido has 4 forms and control over 5 elements( fire, thunder, magma, wind and clouds) without even being awakened????

If i was teach, i would be swimmimg in the Magma pool trying to get his fruit because thats the best zoan in the series lol.
Post automatically merged:

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally I believe so I just wish Oda would have made it a bit more clear. What sold it for me is how he knowledgeable he was about awakenings, breaking it down for Luffy and yet none of his officers were awakened. He started getting serious in the battle and his appearance began changing and he brought out a new arsenal. Increased physicality, a surge of haki, a flame susano’o, altered (slightly) appearance and his knowledge on the subject were enough for me.

C

CensoredbyWG

Yes
Luffy and Kaku
Have it 2
If this is true then kaido is insane, dude fought with 2 awakened mythical zoans without even being one, his fruit is excellent.

Makes me believe even more on the theory that his fruit was the former of a gorosei which also talks about how insane their mythical zoans must be.
Post automatically merged:

All trolling aside yes.

It's just Oda did a bad job actually showing it.
Should ve given him a cloud or two.

Garp the Fist

Bwahahahaha
Him and BM will be awakened, Oda did a shit job showing it.

For all we know Oda only decided the flouting ribbon equals Awakening a couple of chapters ago when he gave it to Lucci and Kaku, precisely because he had seen the complaints that we didn’t know if Kaido was Awakened or not and he thought that would be a good way to give it a visual.

That’s basically why Hardening Haki exists post-skip despite not a single person using it in Marineford.

C

CensoredbyWG

Him and BM will be awakened, Oda did a shit job showing it.

For all we know Oda only decided the flouting ribbon equals Awakening a couple of chapters ago when he gave it to Lucci and Kaku, precisely because he had seen the complaints that we didn’t know if Kaido was Awakened or not and he thought that would be a good way to give it a visual.

That’s basically why Hardening Haki exists post-skip despite not a single person using it in Marineford.
I consider "soul pocus" to be big mom awakening.

Base ability is give souls while awakened one is take them for herself.

I would like to think he did awakened but Oda did a shit job at showcasing Awakening.

But if not, then it's probably because Kaido's mind didn't matched with his DF Awakening.

As Blue Seiryu is supposed to be a guardian deity, aka a protector, while Kaido is an epitome of chaos. So he wasn't awakened.

Yamato on the other hand, could be an Awakened user as she has the cloud ring around her like Luffy, Lucci and Kaku. And her mindset matches a guardian deity.

But best chance for Awakening confirmation for Kaido and Big Mom is through vivre cards/databooks and the likes.

Awakening seemingly isn't primarily about strength or experience tho. It's still about allignment. If the seiryu was meant to be a guardian deity, a guy like Kaido might simply not be able to awaken the fruit. The peoples' desire, which seemingly led to the creation of that fruit, and Kaido's desires seemingly do not match.
Especially certain mythical Zoans seem to exist for a very specific purpose and I guess it's therefore really difficult to awaken those fruits. Your mind has to allign with the fruit's "purpose" and in certain cases you likely have to be a solid top tier to fullfill the "body" component.
I think if Kaido would come back with a real change of heart, he would prolly awaken his fruit. That's imo also why Yamato being awakened and not him makes a lot of sense.
As it's Oda's way of setting certain limitations by making sure, that the most powerful DFs cannot just be fully exploited by anybody via a lot of training and then be used against its purpose/the peoples' desire.

Along those lines I think it would be entirely impossible for Imu to awaken the Nika fruit for example- the warrior of liberation. Cause Sun god Nika prolly was wished into existence, exaclty because of poeple like Imu in the first place.

We are talking about very important and meaningful desires/purposes here. I think that for a lot of more basic DFs such overly special conditions might not really exist.