Powers & Abilities Lets settle this once and for all: was Kaido awakened or not???

If Kaido were awakened he would have said so.

A third party would have pointed it out.

The author would’ve added a note or there would be a text box stating so.

People coping and making headcanons over this still is just sad. Just accept not everybody needs to have the exact same arsenal. Kaido was the strongest without it, that should be enough
Kaido himself explained awakening and the difference between different types of awakening.

man if Kaido claims the strongest lal the jazz about awakening and haki

biggest fraud in existence

i think he was awakanened all the time

(like how goku was perma super saiyan after training for cell)

man do i dislike awakening XD

Doesn't really matter to me since a lot of dfless characters are stronger than those with awakened fruit.
Kaido is just very very strong.

But if you want an answer then yes I guess he is awakened

Idk, I really dont think they are dead.

Im starting to get this overwhelming feeling that the war for One Piece will involve every notable faction in the series, former villain or not, starting with Buggy and Crocodile:

- Buggy, Croc, Moria, and Doflamingo (assumedly; Mihawk isnt a former villain): CG
- Enel: Will be back eventually
- Lucci: Back now, CP0
- Caesar: NEO MADS
- Katakuri: Pudding is missing and Smoothies group was never defeated
- Kaido and BM: No explicit definitions used to their deaths, and the Rocks/Clone plot is gaining relevance even after this arc

You then have the Marines, Underworld, Silver Medalists, this Burned Man, etc that I think is going to really align with the words Oda has been saying about creating the biggest war in the series.

Hell, with Shiki being canon, I almost half expect Zephyr, Tesoro, Bullet and Uta to be eventually too lol, since their affiliations and backstories all involve canon characters (Im joking but like....would it be that shocking?)
Supernovas will also do something
Since they're suppose to take over the old generation
I want Bege to assassinate a legendary pirate captain

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Someone gave a good explanation, to awaken means that your mind has to catch up with your body.

Eastern Dragons are usually good aligned deities in Japanese culture whereas Kaido is a tyrant. So since his personality doesnt compute with his fruit he didnt awaken it.
Yamato wanted to protect wano
Fruit guardian diety of wano

Lucci bloodthirsty
Fruit a caniverous zoan

Kaku loves giraffes

Luffy retarded like nika

They all match

That looks gross :mihugh:

Anyway, yep…Oda neglected Kaido just to give Kaku awakening after 2 years. What a shame.
The thing is it won't/wouldn't change much with awakening. Oda could have simply made bulky mode awakening and this explains why he went from fighting on par with adv coc G2-G3 luffy to dominating G4 adv coc luffy in next chapter. And kaen hakkei could have been an awakened ability.

But for some reason he didn't gave it to Kaido.

The thing is it won't/wouldn't change much with awakening. Oda could have simply made bulky mode awakening and this explains why he went from fighting on par with adv coc G2-G3 luffy to dominating G4 adv coc luffy in next chapter. And kaen hakkei could have been an awakened ability.

But for some reason he didn't gave it to Kaido.
Yep. At the end of the day, I suspect that Oda thought giving Kaido awakening would either take the spotlight from Luffy’s own…or he wanted it to be a surprise for Luffy to awaken in the fight.
If Kaido were using it, most people would automatically expect Luffy to do so too.

Yep. At the end of the day, I suspect that Oda thought giving Kaido awakening would either take the spotlight from Luffy’s own…or he wanted it to be a surprise for Luffy to awaken in the fight.
If Kaido were using it, most people would automatically expect Luffy to do so too.
Personally I think oda had to made Kaido lose faster due to film red movie timing. Same can be said for GB.