General & Others Let's talk for real, I had enough patience for 3 years. Luffy has no rival who is equal in Supernovas. Nobody !

Blackbeard/Akainu are Luffys rivals
I don't think so. Luffy just sees Akainu as some drone NPC and doesn't blame him for fisting Ace because in Luffy's mind it's just some brainless marine doing what he's programmed to do.

Blackbeard is a fellow free man though so that's a different story.

tl;dr: Pirates follow their dreams and do what they want, marines follow their orders and do what they're told.

Warchief Sanji D Goat

Ubel > Frieren and Fern
Damn, you got people that said Kidd and Law and other supernova folks are rivals to Luffy in goal but not strength, that's fine. Then you got folks who claimed none of the supernova are strong enough to be Luffy's rivals. Either way, it's a win win for me.:jordanmf:

I don't think so. Luffy just sees Akainu as some drone NPC and doesn't blame him for fisting Ace because in Luffy's mind it's just some brainless marine doing what he's programmed to do.

Blackbeard is a fellow free man though so that's a different story.

tl;dr: Pirates follow their dreams and do what they want, marines follow their orders and do what they're told.
Proof for any statement in your post.

Luffy´s reaction to Akainu

Luffy´s reaction to BB

they were an idea thrown in on the whim of oda's editors
i wouldnt expect too much from 90% of them
I agree with you that we shouldn't expect too much from them as the supernova idea was created right before the chapter. But it wasnt any editor's idea iirc. It was Oda who came up with the idea of creating SNs =>

Should post what happens after that, he is talking to him like a rival (in dressrosa) who he dislikes.
Obviously that will change once BB beats/kills Shanks and probably other reasons (maybe Robin) but thats the status quo for now.
I dont know what you were trying to imply with those Fishman Island panels, but Luffy's main rival is Blackbeard, not Akainu.

He will take sown kaido
His rivals take down Linlin
His greater rival will take down Shanks or Navy fleets

3 df Teach = Peak top tier
EoW Luffy = upper-mid top tier
EoW Kidd = solid top tier
EoW law =low top tier

I agree with you that we shouldn't expect too much from them as the supernova idea was created right before the chapter. But it wasnt any editor's idea iirc. It was Oda who came up with the idea of creating SNs =>

I dont know what you were trying to imply with those Fishman Island panels, but Luffy's main rival is Blackbeard, not Akainu.
Then you should read the convo.
Easy, for now, Luffy has hatred for Akainu, not Blackbeard, claiming otherwise is contrary to the manga.
His relation to BB will change obviously but that´s the status quo.

Luffy blames Akainu for Ace´s death, he used to have nightmares of the fisting, the one time he heard the name Akainu he showed anger and pain.
When talking about Blackbeard, with Blackbeard and so forth, it is never about blaming BB, nor hatred.
He dislikes him right now, but neither in FI, Dressrosa, or on the way to WCI, he showed a specific rivalry.

Then you should read the convo.
Easy, for now, Luffy has hatred for Akainu, not Blackbeard, claiming otherwise is contrary to the manga.
His relation to BB will change obviously but that´s the status quo.

Luffy blames Akainu for Ace´s death, he used to have nightmares of the fisting, the one time he heard the name Akainu he showed anger and pain.
When talking about Blackbeard, with Blackbeard and so forth, it is never about blaming BB, nor hatred.
He dislikes him right now, but neither in FI, Dressrosa, or on the way to WCI, he showed a specific rivalry.
Luffy got pissed the first time he heard of Blackbeard's name at Impel Down because he knew Blackbeard was the one who captured Ace =>

Even in the panel I posted, Luffy got pissed off just hearing Blackbeard's name. I even marked it =>

Most importantly, Jinbei thinks Luffy has a score to settle with Blackbeard, not with Akainu. Calling Blackbeard some sort of run-in-the-mill rival for Luffy is flat out wrong.

I agree with Luffy not having any real rivals as an issue but quite frankly the supernovas aren't rivals. They are all just wanting the same thing and will do whatever they can to come on top. I thought of the possibility of kid being a real rival for Luffy but that seems to be off the table at least currently because Kid has been left behind by Luffy.