• Total voters

Light D Lamperouge

๐–‚๐–๐–†๐–™ ๐•ฎ๐–”๐–š๐–‘๐–‰ ๐•ณ๐–†๐–›๐–Š ๐•ญ๐–Š๐–Š๐–“
โ€Ž

Seth

๐Š๐จ๐ค๐ฎ๐ญ๐จ ๐’๐ก๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ข
โ€Ž
Haven't read/watched Monster.

Damn. Choosing between Lelouch and Light. What the fuck. Never thought I will get asked a question like this. I would definitely love to see them on the opposite sides in their respective shows.

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
as a character i liked johan better. monster was a much more richer, well developed story than death note or code geass ngl
I think DN โˆผ Monster > CG in terms of story.

Outta the 3 DN is my fave.

Haven't read/watched Monster.

Damn. Choosing between Lelouch and Light. What the fuck. Never thought I will get asked a question like this. I would definitely love to see them on the opposite sides in their respective shows.
I agree it's hard. Watch Monster. It's amazing.

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
yo read/watch monster bro. its really good. i felt the anime had some pacing issues in the middle but the manga is insanely good.
Yeah I think the anime was a bit slow paced at times.

Though I loved it.

This ending song. Amazing.

Lindltaylor

There's no "Tina!"
โ€Ž
I never finished monster, so won't comment on Johan.

However, between Lelouch and Light, I personally thought Lelouch was a better character. Light's extreme egotistical nature made him pursue his ambition purely on selfish desires. The story made it quite apparent that Light had little emotional attachment to anyone besides himself. That was quite off-putting to me.

Lelouch's, though, were more grounded toward his sister's and others' well-being. You could see Lelouch's struggle throughout the story, emotionally, and to overcome the obstacles he faced while trying to accomplish his goals. The main focus of Death note was Light overcoming the challenges he faced between him and his goals. I don't remember too well, but I don't think there were any major emotional challenges that Light overcame since he cared little anyway.

Well, I have only touched the surface of these two characters, but overall, I just prefer Lelouch more over Light, and think he's the better character between the two.

Marimo_420

The Honoured One
โ€Ž
Trash avy light.

Take it off.

OT: can't comment on Monster, so I will just say Yagami wins.

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
I haven't watched Monster or CG, but which one is worth watching more than the other? Tough question to throw back on here lol

Though I will guess Johan, from what I think I know he talks a lot about dreams? Maybe the story has to do with differentiating dreams from reality, which is a cool topic but overdone imo.
They are both worth it. I'd recommend CG first, because it's shorter. CG has 50 episodes, while Monster has 74 iirc.

I don't wanna spoil anything for you Lemon.

I like Lelouch as a character more than Light....But Johan Liebert obviously takes the top spot as the series itself is more character driven. So maybe not as fair of a comparison?

Lhulu

Tobidara Believer
โ€Ž
I'm currently reading Monster(volume 3), so I still can't say a precise opinion about Johan (although I have the slight impression that he will be the best by a far margin).

Between Lelouch and Light, i choose the first one.

My opinion about Death Note changed through the years. Today, I think Light's character works much more as an allegory of "man corrupted by absolute power" than as a humanized character. And this is due to the fact that DN is based much more on the "clash between geniuses" than on the discussion of justice and the right to life(it's a shonen after all).

On the other hand Lelouch has more dimensions and facets, mainly because the character doesn't offer a totally linear progression, throughout the plot we see the conflict between him and his alter-ego Zero. It's very interesting to see him having internal conflicts for not agreeing with his own actions. Light was similar in the beggining but after few episodes he just enter in his god complex and lost this characteristic.

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
Light is just my absolute favorite. I remember watching Death Note for the first time and being shook at every move Light made and rooting for him all the way.
:kata:

Iโ€™m in the middle of Code Geass right now and I like Lelouch, but itโ€™s just not the same. Never seen Monster.
Yagami Light aka Kira is who most of us will become if given the similar choices. So, for me he is more relatable.
Also, haven't seen the other 2 guys. lol
Watch both my dudes. They are deffo worth it. Not gonna spoil anything for you all, but when you do let me know what you think.

Yuelyn

๐’ž๐“‡๐’พ๐“‚๐“ˆ๐‘œ๐“ƒ ๐‘…๐’ถ๐’พ๐“ƒ ๐’ฎ๐‘œ๐“Š๐‘”๐’ฝ๐“‰ ๐น๐“๐‘œ๐“Œ๐‘’๐“‡
โ€Ž
Light :catblush: Mainly because I haven't watched Monster or Code Geass >_>