Versus Battle Light Yagami vs Lelouch Lamperouge vs Johan Liebert

Who do you think is the best character?

• Total voters

MangoSenpai

Argonauts, roll out!
Well, it depends on what constitutes as the "best".

For me personally it's mostly between Lelouch and Johan. I'm not personally the biggest fan of Yagami Light, well, at least not when he got busted, it kinda ruined it all for me tbh.

So, as for who is the best, well..

I think overall I like Lelouch Lamperouge more than Johan.
But only for the reason of pure enjoyment of the character. So I'm just making it short, but basically Johan is pretty consistent throughout the entire series, and he's quite the mysterious character, and he's really quite menacing as a villain goes.

But for Lelouch, I am more invested in his motives, and following his journey and his answers to the hurdles ahead is something that I personally find a bit more enjoyable than Johan's story- however interesting it is.
To see Lelouch's ultimate plan to gain his goals, and his mindset of destroying everything to create everything anew is really cool.

So for me, I want to say Lelouch for the factor of enjoying the character more as a whole.
Post automatically merged:

light >>>>>>> lelouch > whoever the other guy is
Watch Monster before you say that, lmao

3 absolute goats
Love the 3

but Johan is the best character no doubt
He’s legitimately one of the best characters in fiction imo

Light and Lelouch are legends too

if it was about who I like the most then
Light>Johan>lelouch

if it was about who I think is the best character then
Johan>Lelouch>Light

Johan by far, one of the best written antagonists in any medium.

Then Lelouch, since he actually has a character arc with progress.

Light was smart, that´s it. Literally the moment he got the note he was full on god mode without much of an explanation, and boredom does not cut it.
I haven't watched Monster but read Johann Liebert's character description. What it basically says is, that Liebert likes to manipulate people and force them into suicide to create suffering. Is there any character depth to him or some complex mind games, or is it just him having kinda like a super power to force people into committing acts with his charisma? It's not even like the things he does are so super complex everyone in the real world would fall for it, it's just that within the verse his manipulation has a hypnotic sense to it.

I haven't watched Monster but read Johann Liebert's character description. What it basically says is, that Liebert likes to manipulate people and force them into suicide to create suffering. Is there any character depth to him or some complex mind games, or is it just him having kinda like a super power to force people into committing acts with his charisma? It's not even like the things he does are so super complex everyone in the real world would fall for it, it's just that within the verse his manipulation has a hypnotic sense to it.
He's just a normal charismatic man, watch the series and you will understand. He preys on weakness like any psychopath does and uses those weaknesses to manipulate people.

I would only explain it to you if you never gonna watch it, so spoilers would be irrelevant.
If you have any inkling of watching it in the future, i would rather not.

Don’t ask for spoilers
Just go read Monster
Its an absolute masterpiece
Trust me you won’t be disappointed

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
My man, definitely check out Monster. It's a masterpiece. And Johan is amazing. He has no superpowers. I don't wanna spoil it for you, but it's a warm recommendation. Like others have said, it's definitely worth checking out, and you should avoid spoilers. It's not even long, the anime has 74 episodes and the manga iirc 162 chapters. In my opinion this is Urasawa's best work.