Powers & Abilities Luffy and Oden are Equal in strength and WS titles after 970.

Before we start I wanna show you this

And this

Do you see the similarities? Both Luffy and Oden got oneshoted by Kaido (and to be fair to both sides I wanna mention two things; fist is that Oden has fought other pirates before Kaido so his enburens was weakened and second is that Luffy fought the stronger version of Kaido 20 years after Oden fought Kaido) taking this things in consideration we can assume that Luffy and Oden's endurance is equal (or at least the gap is small since Oden didn't lost his Consciousness compared to Luffy but there are factors that I mentioned before so take it as you want) but the difference comes with this

And this

As you can see Oden has enough offensive powers to heart Kaido (and quite well) while Luffy couldn't even scratch him.
Luffy vs Kaido fought happened pre Udon when Luffy didn't have the advanced COA but now Luffy has it which not just increases his offensive powers but also allows him to heart Kaido from inside out, while I do not believe that only because of the advanced COA Luffy's offensive powers will increase to Oden's level I do believe that with gear 4 he will have as much offensive powers as Oden had.

But here is the question... deos it enough to defeat Kaido? The answer is not. Kip in mind that Kaido is stronger then he was 20 years ago and while Oden did manage to heart Kaido it still didn't do much of a damage to him, so what now? Back in WCI arc I said that Oda's tactic for Luffy vs Kaido is that Luffy will avoid most of the Kaido's attacks through FS since Yonko offensive powers are insane but Luffy can't avoid all of Kaido's attacks which means that in order to have a chance against Kaido Luffy needs to increase his defensive powers and that means that Luffy will use this against Kaido in final fight.

There is a Big misconception about tank man that it's slow well, kip in mind that Luffy couldn't move because he was fat but that doesn't mean that he's slow. Yes, I do believe that tank man is slower than bound man and snake man but there is no way that it's slower than second gear which is fast enough for a fight considering the fact that Luffy will use FS with it. So we have Tank man which will increase Luffy's defense, FS which will allow avoid 70-80% of Kaido's attacks, the advanced COA which will allow Luffy to heart Kaido.

Where does Oden's power level stands for? I always ranked both Oden and Rayleigh as YC+ (for those who don't know YC+ is anywhere between YCs and Admirals) and as you can see I was right, while Oden has Admiral level offensive powers he doesn't have Admiral level defensive powers (here is the evidence to that

As you can see Akainu can take one punch from Whitbeard and continue to fight but gets defeat after second but even then he came back just few minutes later compared to Oden) so Oden is YC+ but how close he is to Admirals it's up to you.

As you know I said multiple times that WS titles aren't about fighting power and that in case of WSC and WSM it's about physical strength and durability while WSS is about skill and we got conformation in this chapter. If Kaido was stronger than any creature in terms of fighting power then Oden wouldn't have a chance against Kaido but as we saw Oden had the chance to defeat Kaido while Oden's physical strength and durability were inferior to Kaido's and same thing we saw in Mareanford when it comes to Whitbeard.

Last edited:
Lol. No.
Luffy is by passing the scales to hurt him from the inside.
Oden didnt do that. He ripped through kaidos scales with his ap.
Besides oden was a distraction away from killing kaido in 2 hits.
How is that close to what happened to luffy
Oden got defeat after one hit while Kaido took a hit from Oden and wasn't defeated, I'm not denying Oden could defeat Kaido and without the destruction fight would have contrinuted. Did you even read what I wrote?

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Oden got defeat after one hit while Kaido took a hit from Oden and wasn't defeated, I'm not denying Oden could defeat Kaido and without the destruction fight would have contrinuted. Did you even read what I wrote?
No its not the same.
Luffy and kaido went straight for each other.
Luffy was put down.

Oden went at kaido and was about to kill him in 2 hits.

Youre missing the biggest point.

Luffys acoa is not doing what oden did to kaido. Oden cut open kaidos defence completely. Thats far higher ap than what luffy has.
Post automatically merged:

Besides for the millionth time. Unlike wb and mihawk kaido had no offical title of the the wsc.

Bogard

You can't win
I don't think the portrayal were the same. This is how Oda portrayed Oden vs Kaido

10 vs an army

Long battle where Oden despite being vastly outnumbered with Kaido taking advantage of the chaos to spread fire in Oden's direction, with Oden's endurance far exceeding his expectations, Oden still manages to almost kill Kaido, with Kaido at Oden's mercy before the kidnapping shenanigan

With Kaido's final hit happening when Oden was distracted after a long battle of endurance.

Luffy on the other hand was alone against Kaido, and not only failed to damage Kaido, but got one shotted

With that said, current Luffy should be able to damage Kaido with advanced hardening, so i'd not be surprised if they currently were on the same level. Let's see how it'd go though

How are ppl saying Oden only got finished in 1-2 Attacks? We clearly see Oden is damaged before engaging Kaidou and we know the entire battle should’ve been an hour long they ganged up on Oden and his Samurais.. not to mention Kaidous defense is hyped once again and if they were shocked about Kaidou being hurt that was probably his only injury the entire war for him and he was going to be cut again.Oden was gonna Low diff Dragon form and would handle base Kaidou 20 years ago Oden> Kaidou... but now Kaidou should be Stronger how much is unclear tho.

I think current Luffy and Oden could go either way , but if Luffy's barrier armament is strong enough to block Oden's lethal attacks then i can see Luffy winning

actually even if Luffy's barrier isn't strong enough to block Tougen Totsuka/Shirataki then Luffy can still dodge with FS .

will be a hard fight imo . i expect Luffy to dominate Base Kaido in Fire Festival though , Kaido will be shocked to how much Luffy has grown after 2 weeks

if Luffy lands a KKG + advanced armament on Kaido , it'll smack , and shock Kaido hard

I never realized that Luffy left Kaido bleeding in the ground.

Maybe I skipped a page or two ..
:seriously:
Post automatically merged:

Can you stop with this nonsense? Zoro will obviously fight King, and Sanji Queen.
Zoro helping Luffy against Kaido has more sense than Luffy soloing Kaido.

After all Kid required Killer to fight Kaido...

With Luffy always succeeding in whatever Kid tries and fails then Luffy requiring Zoro is so possible.

A

ardym

the fight for sure was longer between Oden and Kaido than it was between Luffy and Kaido , but Luffy is now far stronger than he was as he fought Kaido, now he has shown that he can use FS freely and that he can use the most advanced haki inner destruction. more Luffy style is speed based, so if he uses inner destruction haki in one of his gattling attacks , it will be devastating even for the like of Kaido, especially since Kaido tanks attacks instead of dodging them and to be honest Kaido is much slower . Kaido is now stronger than he was 20 years ago and Luffy might have the same strength as Oden but i think Luffy's fighting style is far devastating and will be more effective against Kaido.
more Kaido is not prepared for battle this time , he is drunk.