Powers & Abilities Luffy and Oden are Equal in strength and WS titles after 970.

Being pummeled but having strength for an attack is not new in shonem
Taking one attack and getting back up to go on the offensive = being pummeled? Damn, you learn something new everyday
Post automatically merged:

Swordmen don't need entire days to put down enemies on similar level.
The funny thing is my friend, and altho i agree with you, is that a weaker version of this oden took a named attack from roger and got back up. Yet in this case, even though it was a sneak attack, he got one hit. It strikes me as pretty odd tbh.

Your overall combat ability is the total combination of all your skills. There is nothing on those panels that allows to specifically decipher the total combat ability of either Luffy or Oden.

In fact, it's very hard to determine exact overall combat ability by feats alone. We need to rely on Oda to tell us.

Neither Oden nor Luffy were in their right mind when Kaido thumped em. Oden was distracted by momo Luffy was seeing red cuz he thought he just lost most of his friends.
That said, I still think Luffys fight was more impressive. He faced Kaido with good ol fisticuffs. No God sword required:giogio:

A

ardym

to be honest though it will not matter to me if Luffy gets help from others but for some reason i think he might solo Kaido , Luffy is known for doing the impossible and what people say about Kaido in one vs one , bet on Kaido , and Oda was wondering how he is going to make Luffy take Kaido make you think he is thinking about making fight him alone.
Luffy usually tells the others that is my opponent , the exception was only Doffy since he allowed Law to fight him because of Law personal motives .
and he told Kid off as he said that he will be the one who will take Kaido down.

to be honest though it will not matter to me if Luffy gets help from others but for some reason i think he might solo Kaido , Luffy is known for doing the impossible and what people say about Kaido in one vs one , bet on Kaido , and Oda was wondering how he is going to make Luffy take Kaido make you think he is thinking about making fight him alone.
Luffy usually tells the others that is my opponent , the exception was only Doffy since he allowed Law to fight him because of Law personal motives .
and he told Kid off as he said that he will be the one who will take Kaido down.
Luffy wanted to save ace, he couldnt. So no, he cant do the impossible all the time. There is no feasible way luffy can 1vs1 kaido, it just cannot happen in a logical manner. It would be bullshit of the highest order.

A

ardym

Luffy wanted to save ace, he couldnt. So no, he cant do the impossible all the time. There is no feasible way luffy can 1vs1 kaido, it just cannot happen in a logical manner. It would be bullshit of the highest order.
well i said it is just my feeling let us wait and see what will happen

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
Taking one attack and getting back up to go on the offensive = being pummeled? Damn, you learn something new everyday
Post automatically merged:

The funny thing is my friend, and altho i agree with you, is that a weaker version of this oden took a named attack from roger and got back up. Yet in this case, even though it was a sneak attack, he got one hit. It strikes me as pretty odd tbh.
Yes man Oden only needed a few strikes to get Kaido on his knees :)

I think the slice got him down from the air, then he got back up and hit a distracted oden right? Im just suprised that someone who in his weaker version tanked rogers named attack got done in with one hit from a weaker kaido.
Those are incomparable. Air slashes are a long range attack. They can transmit power but do not have the hardness of a solid blade or club.

This is Kaido smacking the back of this dude's skull with a spiked club.

Yep but Zoro will pass him as well thanks to his training. It makes perfectly sense for him to pass Oden with this plot.
So you think zoro came out of the timeskip stronger than luffy? Dude had to struggle his way to yc and zoro is magically there? Do you guys really want that for your favorite ( i assume ) character? Some half assed random powerups? It makes zoro boring imo. Id rather he gets there organically. Zoro imo, as of right now is around kyoshiro's level. This raid will fail, thats how act 3s in japanese theater work. The heroes get defeated, then atc 4 is them licking their wounds and then act 5 is the finale. Lets say this whole arc lasts another month in universe time, that means zoro can fight kyoshiro now, win extreme diff. Get strong enough to atleast challenge someone like king and then fight him in a month a la luffy vs katakuri. And come on beta, you cant be serious if you really think luffy is stronger than oden? The dude was clashing with wb and roger and even wounded ( albeit a weaker kaido), luffy got nothing on that.