General & Others Luffy does not have a right hand man

H

Herrera95

Zoro isn't assuming anything without Luffy. And, funnily enough, between Rayleigh and Zoro only the former is confirmed as a first mate; the latter is a combatant.

Your post makes no sense, either you didn't type it as you wanted or you don't know who is or isn't a first mate (not vice-captain, that title isn't correct), because, if anything, the one with the title to asume captaincy would be Rayleigh.
Do you understand what first mate means? Zoro is Luffy's first mate and you can't deny that.

H

Herrera95

Please, tell me what "first mate" means and I hope you don't answer me that he's the first to join.
"What is a pirate first mate?

On most ships, the First Mate is the officer who ranks just below the Captain of the ship and takes over in the event that the Captain can no longer perform his duties. ... The first mate on a pirate ship is the man the pirate picks as his second in command."

Luffy is going to WCI to save Sanji. Who is going to Wano to be the captain until he comes back? Zoro. Period.

"What is a pirate first mate?

On most ships, the First Mate is the officer who ranks just below the Captain of the ship and takes over in the event that the Captain can no longer perform his duties. ... The first mate on a pirate ship is the man the pirate picks as his second in command."

Luffy is going to WCI to save Sanji. Who is going to Wano to be the captain until he comes back? Zoro. Period.
I'm not going to discuss the Wano argument because it's empty (we didn't really see Zoro leading the crew to Wano and we have no situation in which Luffy was absent but Sanji isn't; would they all follow Zoro, including Sanji, as their captain? If not, then Zoro lacks the hierarchical power required to be the first mate).

But here's the issue with your post: you stated "When Roger said his crew was over Rayleigh didn't assume the position of captain" while assuring that "If Luffy left the crew or says the crew is over, Zoro is assuming that position".

Logically, this leads me to infere that, if you believe Zoro is the first mate and, therefore, he'd assume the position of captain if Luffy said the crew is over; but, in your words, Rayleigh wouldn't do the same in such situation...

...in spite of Rayleigh being, unlike Zoro, explicitly confirmed as the first mate of Roger both when first introduced and throughout the story (by his own words to Oden referring to him as such).

What is Rayleigh, then, if he's a confirmed first mate yet you distinguished him from "first mate Zoro"? Do you now understand the confusion I'm getting from your post?

H

Herrera95

I'm not going to discuss the Wano argument because it's empty (we didn't really see Zoro leading the crew to Wano and we have no situation in which Luffy was absent but Sanji isn't; would they all follow Zoro, including Sanji, as their captain? If not, then Zoro lacks the hierarchical power required to be the first mate).

But here's the issue with your post: you stated "When Roger said his crew was over Rayleigh didn't assume the position of captain" while assuring that "If Luffy left the crew or says the crew is over, Zoro is assuming that position".

Logically, this leads me to infere that, if you believe Zoro is the first mate and, therefore, he'd assume the position of captain if Luffy said the crew is over; but, in your words, Rayleigh wouldn't do the same in such situation...

...in spite of Rayleigh being, unlike Zoro, explicitly confirmed as the first mate of Roger both when first introduced and throughout the story (by his own words to Oden referring to him as such).

What is Rayleigh, then, if he's a confirmed first mate yet you distinguished him from "first mate Zoro"? Do you now understand the confusion I'm getting from your post?
The thread is about right hand and I'm arguing Zoro is not that but first mate.

Rayleigh being right hand will only obey Roger while Zoro not being that will take over the crew for him if needed.

And Thriller Bark we had exactly like that. Luffy was out after defeating Moriah and Kuma came in. Zoro took the lead on that fight.

In Thriller Bark when Kuma appeared, even before the rest of the crew was knocked out, Zoro took the responsibility all upon his shoulders and the rest of the crew, including Sanji, just watched on without really doing anything until Zoro was legitimately about to die. To me this indicates that, when Luffy is absent, no one objects to Zoro taking the lead, not even Sanji.

Until Luffy says Zoro is the first mate or his right hand, this crew does not have one. People can talk about something being implied all they want. Its been over 20 years and Luffy has never stated anyone of his crew has that title. Zoro is a powerful swordsman that will help Luffy become the PK.