Powers & Abilities Luffy downplayers debunked by WSC

Luffy is possessed by Joy Boy :suresure:

Luffy is carried by Joy Boy haki:suresure:

Luffy is carried by his Devil Fruit along the way :suresure:

All debunked by THE PEAK OF POWAH, World's Strongest Living Being himself:

For 800 years, within the planet, Luffy being the only one with a mind and body capable of harnessing the true potential of the fruit of God Nika :steef:

Luffy the only one having the godlike enough mind and godlike enough trained body capable of harnessing the power of god :steef:

Luffy built different :steef:

---

Sorry cant resist :suresure:

Last edited:
What’s confusing to me is Zoro just so happens to look just like Ryuma, ended up fighting him, used his sword, has a scar over his left eye (just like Ryuma), just so happens to be from a village connected to Ryuma, already beheaded a dragon (just like Ryuma), and was born with conquerors haki but Luffy is the one they’re shitting on with this “destiny” thing

Very very interesting...

:rolaugh:

What’s confusing to me is Zoro just so happens to look just like Ryuma, ended up fighting him, used his sword, has a scar over his left eye (just like Ryuma), just so happens to be from a village connected to Ryuma, already beheaded a dragon (just like Ryuma), and was born with conquerors haki but Luffy is the one they’re shitting on with this “destiny” thing

Very very interesting...

:rolaugh:
If Zoro comes back from the dead and awakens as Ryuma without knowing or trying and becomes op enough to 1v1 kaido then sure, these situations are comparable. If Zoro happens to achieve similar things as Ryuma through effort and other regular means it's just parallels. We need to see how Zoro's "destiny" stuff plays out, but no matter how it goes, Luffy's awakening will always be stupid, in both concept and execution.

Nikuzi

⚓𝒫𝒾𝓇𝒶𝓉𝑒 𝒬𝓊𝑒𝑒𝓃 𝒮𝑒𝓃𝒸𝒽𝑜𝓊⚓
If Zoro comes back from the dead and awakens as Ryuma without knowing or trying and becomes op enough to 1v1 kaido then sure, these situations are comparable. If Zoro happens to achieve similar things as Ryuma through effort and other regular means it's just parallels. We need to see how Zoro's "destiny" stuff plays out, but no matter how it goes, Luffy's awakening will always be stupid, in both concept and execution.
Luffy was already 1v1ing Kaido before Gear 5 tho

Luffy got where he is through effort too though... he hit his peak fruit-wise right after the timeskip

Awakening was coming eventually and no matter how Oda handled it people would consider it an asspull because we don’t know exactly how it works (which is Oda’s fault). Luffy’s had his fruit for 12 years I don’t know why people are still surprised Luffy finally managed to awaken his fruit

Could he have handled it better? Sure, but the awakening itself was bound to come at some point

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
I always find carried by this and that arguments silly and downright ridiculous. But Luffy fandom should understand that Luffy haters aren't the only dogs that bark. We too have some dogs who speak the same language as them. It takes two to tango you see. So there is no need to act like we have the moral high ground.

Luffy got where he is through effort too though... he hit his peak fruit-wise right after the timeskip

Awakening was coming eventually and no matter how Oda handled it people would consider it an asspull because we don’t know exactly how it works (which is Oda’s fault). Luffy’s had his fruit for 12 years I don’t know why people are still surprised Luffy finally managed to awaken his fruit

Could he have handled it better? Sure, but the awakening itself was bound to come at some point
Of course he was going to awaken. People assumed it would be gigantification, or making the environment rubber like any other paramecia ability. But he got both, and then also added another dozen broken abilities and labelled it all 'freedom' in his fighting or some bullshit. I don't care that Luffy awakened, I care that Oda hasn't given any good reasons for it being miles better than any other awakening. Luffy didn't train his devil fruit for this, he didn't awaken on purpose, the awakening happened to him. As far as his recent powerup goes no he didn't put any effort in.

The powerup was handled poorly not just because of the timing, lack of buildup or explanations, it's the power itself that is a problem. All of these issues make it impossible to believe there's a structured set of rules or laws when regarding dfs.

Of course he was going to awaken. People assumed it would be gigantification, or making the environment rubber like any other paramecia ability. But he got both, and then also added another dozen broken abilities and labelled it all 'freedom' in his fighting or some bullshit. I don't care that Luffy awakened, I care that Oda hasn't given any good reasons for it being miles better than any other awakening. Luffy didn't train his devil fruit for this, he didn't awaken on purpose, the awakening happened to him. As far as his recent powerup goes no he didn't put any effort in.

The powerup was handled poorly not just because of the timing, lack of buildup or explanations, it's the power itself that is a problem. All of these issues make it impossible to believe there's a structured set of rules or laws when regarding dfs.
How do we know anyone awakens on purpose at first? We know too little about devil fruits to speak on it. I’m not saying it was handled well (most people are willing to acknowledge the writing was lackluster) but I’m saying we don’t know if this is a Luffy specific thing or not.

Miles better than any other awakening we’ve seen? Maybe, but that would mean comparing it to awakenings that clearly aren’t among the best in the series barring maybe Law’s (who hasn’t mastered it btw).