Current Events Luffy vs Kaido is a major asspull

Are you okay with how the Luffy vs Kaido fight is playing out?

• Yes

Votes: 72 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 72 50.0%

• Total voters

I always come back to this quote because I think it’s very indicative of Oda’s current writing style...it’s not enough for Luffy to realistically beat Kaido with punches, but apparently, the problem is solved by having Luffy beat Kaido with CoC-infused punches. To the layman (or an author that’s given up all pretense of caring whether or not he sticks the landing), this might be a discernible difference, but to everyone else, it’s effectively the same thing he claimed he was trying to avoid. Are CoC-heavy attacks a natural progression for Haki in the story? Sure. Is it fun to watch? Mildly so far, jury’s still out. Is it good writing? Based on the expectations the author himself set, absolutely not.
so this just proves the point that luffy has the brute strength like demonstrated in their first encounter... but didn't have a wayy to by pass the scales that absorb all of his attacks
Post automatically merged:

As long as Kaido is smiling and chilling, I'm fine with it. (sort of):pepecafe:
However, if Kaido shows his awakened Zoan or some other PU and Luffy matches it with his own awakening..:pepestrike:
Wouldn't that be fire

The definition of an ass pull is, “An Ass Pull used to resolve an unwinnable situation for the protagonists” so yes by definition it’s an ass pull. Base Luffy now is 1 v 1 Hybrid Kaido. Think about that. Base Luffy and Hybrid Kaido. Hybrid being the strongest form is now at the same level as base Luffy.
Your missing the "out of nowhere with no hint or foreshadowing" come on man! Stop the bias.

I understand that he's using Conqueror's Haki but how is he facing Kaido 1v1 so easily? This is what I hate most about shonen. Asspulls. And yes I know he's the main character but it's still annoying. I feel like Kaido doesn't feel as intimidating anymore if Luffy can just do this in his base form. If he was in his Snakeman form wrapped in Conqueror's Haki that's one thing, but base form and going toe to toe with a Yonko? I don't like that at all. This would essentially mean he's already PK level right? If he's doing this in base, then Boundman or Snakeman wrapped in COC would hypothetically be unbeatable.

Thoughts?
Because luffy trianed ok? During when luffy fought kaido on wano he observe how tough kaido is, his skin, his speed etc etc. luffy trained after they conquered wano and he made he was more than ready to fight kaido.

Because luffy trianed ok? During when luffy fought kaido on wano he observe how tough kaido is, his skin, his speed etc etc. luffy trained after they conquered wano and he made he was more than ready to fight kaido.
People keep overlooking this point, expected from a bias disorganized mentality .. i mean if you low ball him soo much in debates it oughta be a surprise..

Just wait till he master his df awakening and learn to use gear 5 in less than 10 minutes. Its bound to happen.:whitepress:

EDIT:At this point Oda doesnt even care, just keep giving him powerup till it seems believable to everyone that he can beat kaido.
"learn to use g5 in less than 10 minutes"...you are speaking as if G5 existed and some others are using G5 and Luffy learn it by copying it....

Instead of thinking, "holy shit Luffy is 1v1-ing Kaidou out of his ass, what an asspull", we should think otherwise "holy shit, the Scabbards and the 5 Supernovas really did some work on Kaidou, they weakened Kaidou enough for Luffy to 1v1 him, especially that Ashura of Zoro"
See, everyone wins in this situation. The world finally finds peace. :pepelit:
Yet maybe judging from Kaidou's performance, he'a not significantly weakened if him getting hybrid after all those battles was defined by him as starting to be fun.

And even when Luffy was almost bitten/chomped and incapacitated by Roger-style CoA Ragnarok to the nuts, maybe some people just deliberately overlooked that Luffy was really struggling and took heavy damage?