Current Events Luffy vs Kaido is a major asspull

Are you okay with how the Luffy vs Kaido fight is playing out?

• Yes

Votes: 72 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 72 50.0%

• Total voters
To be honest the thrill and sense of danger died with WCI, chapter 900 to be more specific. So I'm not disappointed by this fight cause I hadn't high expectations to begin with. Yet on the other hand I still believe in the 6 acts theory so imo now Luffy will eventually lose the fight/raid even if that will most likely cost him nothing (bar maybe a scabbard, Kinemon, or some other secondary character sacrifice).
I am sorry but how did you even reach One piece upto 900 chapters....did anyone die in any of the pre TS arcs in one piece except for marineford?....

I am sorry but how did you even reach One piece upto 900 chapters....did anyone die in any of the pre TS arcs in one piece except for marineford?....
Marineford thaught Luffy revenge was a foolish thing that will only bring you to your grave (see all the Ace-BB story and also how Ace hot blood made him fall for Akainu cheap trick ultimately leading Ace to his death in order to save Luffy). At that point you felt the story, the threat, everything was great. Then rightly, the post time skip is a walk in the park until he had to face lessr opponents starting from Hody all the way to Doffy (and rightly with Doffy Luffy had to show his true skills to advance). And at last it happens, WCI, Luffy has to enter the HQ of a yonko and on the top of that with only half the crew without both Zoro and Sanji. There is not even Law. He is all alone with the support of weak SH who for sure can help and well but at the same time Luffy has to look after them.. Sobthis becomes a stealth mission and this can not be any other way (even if everybody knows Luffy will wreck the plan). Then Luffy screws everything, has Kata completely trapped but goes back to fight him, Ace lesson is forgotten, at some point even goes out to fight BM (now I don't even recall all the stuff) and lastly, Oda, not satisfied with all the ridicoulous amount of plot power he brought up to make Luffy beat Kata, BM become.an handicap.for her crew, Luffy at the same time rescues Sanji with half the crew and also steals BM red poneglyph he makes chapter 900 (and until that point the hundred mark chapters were inportant) where it seems it is finally time for the payback but nope. It is just a fake tension chapter. Kudos Oda.

This is my take on these facts, anyway I admit that at this point I'm still reading OP mainly for nostalgia (and also keep up with all the ridicoulous fandom wars in this forum lol).

We are “salty” because the jump in power makes no sense
Sanji went from barely move Blueno to two shots Jabra who is 3 times stronger than Blueno. Zoro went from getting no diffed by Lucci to beating Kaku. Luffy went from fighting on par with Franky in Water 7 who is comparable to Blueno to low diffing Blueno with Gear 2. The jump is fine. It's been like that throughout the series.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Sanji went from barely move Blueno to two shots Jabra who is 3 times stronger than Blueno. Zoro went from getting no diffed by Lucci to beating Kaku. Luffy went from fighting on par with Franky in Water 7 who is comparable to Blueno to low diffing Blueno with Gear 2. The jump is fine. It's been like that throughout the series.
That was a mentality issue for luffy and zoro the first time. It was clearly stated.
The issue here is luffy got kod 2 mins ago. And his new power up is something kaido himself can do as well.

That was a mentality issue for luffy and zoro the first time. It was clearly stated.
Lmao. So Luffy and Zoro shits their pants against Lucci while Sanji one man army the whole CP9 head on in the train.
The issue here is luffy got kod 2 mins ago.
Yes.
And his new power up is something kaido himself can do as well.
Which means that Luffy can fight toe to toe with Kaido. Roger, Whitebeard, Big Mom can uses CoC as well. Luffy is a solid top tier now.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Lmao. So Luffy and Zoro shits their pants against Lucci while Sanji one man army the whole CP9 head on in the train.

Yes.

Which means that Luffy can fight toe to toe with Kaido. Roger, Whitebeard, Big Mom can uses CoC as well. Luffy is a solid top tier now.
How the fuck does it mean that ?
Take coc from both of them and
Hybrid kaido >>>>>>>>> base luffy

How does giving them BOTH acoc make them equals ?

Marineford thaught Luffy revenge was a foolish thing that will only bring you to your grave (see all the Ace-BB story and also how Ace hot blood made him fall for Akainu cheap trick ultimately leading Ace to his death in order to save Luffy). At that point you felt the story, the threat, everything was great. Then rightly, the post time skip is a walk in the park until he had to face lessr opponents starting from Hody all the way to Doffy (and rightly with Doffy Luffy had to show his true skills to advance). And at last it happens, WCI, Luffy has to enter the HQ of a yonko and on the top of that with only half the crew without both Zoro and Sanji. There is not even Law. He is all alone with the support of weak SH who for sure can help and well but at the same time Luffy has to look after them.. Sobthis becomes a stealth mission and this can not be any other way (even if everybody knows Luffy will wreck the plan). Then Luffy screws everything, has Kata completely trapped but goes back to fight him, Ace lesson is forgotten, at some point even goes out to fight BM (now I don't even recall all the stuff) and lastly, Oda, not satisfied with all the ridicoulous amount of plot power he brought up to make Luffy beat Kata, BM become.an handicap.for her crew, Luffy at the same time rescues Sanji with half the crew and also steals BM red poneglyph he makes chapter 900 (and until that point the hundred mark chapters were inportant) where it seems it is finally time for the payback but nope. It is just a fake tension chapter. Kudos Oda.

This is my take on these facts, anyway I admit that at this point I'm still reading OP mainly for nostalgia (and also keep up with all the ridicoulous fandom wars in this forum lol).
that was not the lesson of marineford...marineford was to show Luffy and co that they were not ready for new world and they lack strength....that was the point of two years training...the only lesson marineford taught that without strength they can't do whatever they want.....it is not about revenge blah blah some stupid shit you people concoct....I am sorry but curious on what way Luffy wrecked the plan? ...for the first time he went along with the plan of diversion for original Bege plan....he didn't go out to fight BigMom, he just said he was throwing one punch (of course I agree it is still bullshit)...BM became handicap was foreshadowed way before...it is no way so called plot armor you make it out to be...and you want crew die or what in chapter 900?....

I always come back to this quote because I think it’s very indicative of Oda’s current writing style...it’s not enough for Luffy to realistically beat Kaido with punches, but apparently, the problem is solved by having Luffy beat Kaido with CoC-infused punches. To the layman (or an author that’s given up all pretense of caring whether or not he sticks the landing), this might be a discernible difference, but to everyone else, it’s effectively the same thing he claimed he was trying to avoid. Are CoC-heavy attacks a natural progression for Haki in the story? Sure. Is it fun to watch? Mildly so far, jury’s still out. Is it good writing? Based on the expectations the author himself set, absolutely not.
What did you have in mind though? Keep in mind it's a 1v1.
Luffy using swords? Awakening? OK but would that be harder punch? Kicks? Essentially the same thing as punches.

Threads like this prove people just quickly scroll through the pages instead of read the manga.
Luffy didn't bring Kaido to this state alone, it's a teamwork since chapter 987 of Kaido taking damage and he's still having fun after 14 opponents while giving no excuses to be tired or hurt.
How this is easy or not intimidating is beyond me.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
What did you have in mind though? Keep in mind it's a 1v1.
Luffy using swords? Awakening? OK but would that be harder punch? Kicks? Essentially the same thing as punches.
On a fundamental level, sure, they’re all ways to attack someone, but that’s a false equivalence. Something like Awakening would not only be a better option as it would (likely) impact the environment and alter Luffy’s regular fighting style in a new and interesting way, but would make sense for where we are in the story. I’m not so ignorant that I have read OP for so long and not realized that Luffy’s fists are gonna do the talking one way or another, but I didn’t make Oda come out and say he was gonna come up with something different...he dug the hole, and now we’re all standing in it looking up at the obvious outcome.

Also, it’s only 1v1 because the author made it that way...I’ve long supported the kind of thing we saw with multiple Supernovae going up against the Yonko, so it clearly doesn’t HAVE to be Luffy soloing Kaido, it’s a choice and a poor one at that.