Chapter Discussion Luffy was Knocked out before Zoro. This proves that Zoro's endurance is superior to Luffy's.

Again, pointless comparison. Sure you can call it a better endurance feat, Luffy got KOd after all.

But Zoro blocking hakai and enduring its effect on his body, doesn't guarantee he wouldn't get knocked out if he took Ragnarok clean. You need to stop comparing the two situations and just say Zoro had the best endurance feat on the rooftop and leave it at that.
How can you call it a better endurance feat if like you claim, there can't be a comparison.

You are contradicting yourself. The argument isn't about whether or not their situations are the same but about who took the highest damage and kept fighting (Endurance).
Two characters dont have to take the same attack or be in the same circumstance for their endurance to be measured. Why do people rate Akainu's endurance highly? When no other top tier took the same attack in the same situation

Ragnarok is an ADVCOC infused technique which attacked and weakened Luffy's willpower to the point in which it temporarily knocked him out.
Also, Luffy got up AGAIN.

I'm sure this is Luffy vs Katakuri over again; against Katakuri he was knocked down lots of times, yet he still got up over and over again.
hakai was an infused adv coc combined attack
shits on ragnarok

Luffy took the Ragnarok attack head on with no haki to defend himself and stand up like a minute later while Zoro almost obliterated by Hakai's force if it wasn't for Law to save him out on time.
So which attack was stronger? And who has the higher Endurance?

Endurance being taking attack and keep on fighting.
So who took the most damage out of the two and kept on fighting? Zoro or Luffy

Last edited:

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
Luffy took the Ragnarok attack head on with no haki to defend himself and stand up like a minute later while Zoro almost obliterated by Hakai's force if it wasn't for Law to save him out on time.
This only shows that Hakai > Thunder Bagua > Ragnarok, it's very self intuitive and indicative.

Counterintuitive would be to believe Ragnarok > Thunder Bagua for example.

Hakai ? the move was countered by Asura
and Kaido hit both Zoro and Law with Thunder Bagua, you can check the black thunder around Zoro and then around Law and then Kaido's pose, Kaido hit both of them, Law didnt save Zoro

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
Two characters dont have to take the same attack or be in the same circumstance for their endurance to be measured. Why do people rate Akainu's endurance highly? When ni other top tier took the same attack in the same situation
Because that's not the problem here, if you simply said Zoro has the best endurance feat on the rooftop, no issues. But instead you are the one who decided to compare the two situations as proof for Zoro's superior endurance, when the comparison doesn't even begin to make sense.

Already gave you the bullet proof vest example, to show the fault in your reasoning, I'll even give you another example regarding this notion of overall damage taken:

-Person A gets stabbed, continues to fight through it.
-Person B gets punched on the chin without being able to defend and gets immediately KOd.

Being able to pull off one (fighting through a stab) doesn't excuse you from falling to the other (getting KOd to a punch), despite in many cases the stab being the more "damaging" of the two. Heck person A and B can be the same damn person. Getting knocked out is more than just the net damage taken.

By default fighting through the wound is the better endurance feat because person B didn't even endure anything, they got KOd. But getting KOd is not proof you couldn't do the other, or vice versa.

This Round 1 of Supernova vs Yonko was "Obviously" a Zoro vs Kaido in Disguise
He cut his Scales, protected Luffy dozens of times, countered his Fire, clashed with his Wind Techniques
Zoro Tanked his Combo with BM & then gave him a Permanent Scar & made him praise him for both the Scar & CoC

Now it's Luffy vs Kaido
Kid & Killer basically you can remove them from the Fight & nothing would change concerning Kaido (Their Portrayal is with BM)
As for Law, he was a Great Support as expected

So Zoro had his Fight with Kaido but was massively Nerfed which indicates he will be returning later to Behead him in Chapter named "Pirate Hunter"

Because that's not the problem here, if you simply said Zoro has the best endurance feat on the rooftop, no issues. But instead you are the one who decided to compare the two situations as proof for Zoro's superior endurance, when the comparison doesn't even begin to make sense.

Already gave you the bullet proof vest example, to show the fault in your reasoning, I'll even give you another example regarding this notion of overall damage taken:

-Person A gets stabbed, continues to fight through it.
-Person B gets punched on the chin without being able to defend and gets immediately KOd.

Being able to pull off one (fighting through a stab) doesn't excuse you from falling to the other (getting KOd to a punch), despite in many cases the stab being the more "damaging" of the two. Heck person A and B can be the same damn person. Getting knocked out is more than just the net damage taken.

By default fighting through the wound is the better endurance feat because person B didn't even endure anything, they got KOd. But getting KOd is not proof you couldn't do the other, or vice versa.
Yes I am comparing the two situations to demonstrate the point of who has the better endurance. I am not equating those two situations to mean they are the same which is what you implied I was doing.

@bolded; clearly demonstrating my point which you are arguing against hence the contradiction. Check the OP, Luffy couldn't endure the Ragnarok which is why he got knocked out. Zoro endured his broken bones and kept fighting. so obviously the one with the better endurance is Zoro.

Your illustration is oversimplified. My logic is based on who took the most damage and kept on fighting. A punch to the head can be more damaging than a stab depending on who is doing the attack, how and where the attack lands...hence the oversimplification.

A better equivalence would be someone receiving multiple punches all over his body (including the head) vs another getting knocked out by a single punch to chin.... the latter being from a weaker person than the former (because Hakai was two person not one).

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
Yes I am comparing the two situations to demonstrate the point of who has the better endurance. I am not equating those two situations to mean they are the same which is what you implied I was doing.

@bolded; clearly demonstrating my point which you are arguing against hence the contradiction. Check the OP, Luffy couldn't endure the Ragnarok which is why he got knocked out. Zoro endured his broken bones and kept fighting. so obviously the one with the better endurance is Zoro.

Your illustration is oversimplified. My logic is based on who took the most damage and kept on fighting. A punch to the head can be more damaging than a stab depending on who is doing the attack, how and where the attack lands...hence the oversimplification.

A better equivalence would be someone receiving multiple punches all over his body (including the head) vs another getting knocked out by a single punch to chin.... the latter being from a weaker person than the former (because Hakai was two person not one).
You missed the point. It's actually you who are oversimplifying it, ignoring every single factor (clean vs blocked, potency, location). That's the point of those examples, they're oversimplifications to expose your reasoning which is oversimplified to begin with. Again you're comparing a block to a clean attack landing point blank, and shouting "damage taken" like that means anything.

I can't get much clearer than that.

You missed the point. It's actually you who are oversimplifying it, ignoring every single factor (clean vs blocked, potency, location). That's the point of those examples, they're oversimplifications to expose your reasoning which is oversimplified to begin with. Again you're comparing a block to a clean attack landing point blank, and shouting "damage taken" like that means anything.

I can't get much clearer than that.
That's the thing though, I haven't ignored those factors. I've stated them in this very thread.
In addition, I've also stated, it being a block vs a clean hit us irrelevant in itself because what is used to measure Endurance is damage taken.

So; did Zoro take more damage in blocking Hakai than Luffy did in getting cleanly hit bey Ragnarok and vice versa?
That's the entire point of the thread and it is very simple.

If you think Zoro took less damage then you can argue that Luffy has the better endurance, if otherwise then Zoro has the better endurance.

Nowhere have I compared the two to mean an equivalent situation. I've provided, as we all know, that Zoro only momentarily blocked the attack.
Claiming that those two situations can't be compared in determining endurance is completely false since endurance is dependent on damage

Luffy literally Lose to Kaido 3 times
Post automatically merged:

And there are people in this thread who think blocking Hakai for 1 second and then getting his ass saved by Law > Taking 1 Club hit + Advance CoC Ragnarok directly... :kriwhat:

Kaido's Club hit + Then taking Kaido's Ragnarok > Blocking Hakai for 1 second.
Blocking Hakki is more impressive then those. That attack was almost has big has the island. Law literally brought up how he even moving after taking that attack.