Character Discussion Luffy & Zoro Parallels All Throughout One Piece

Read this.
A perfect insight on the specular characters that Luffy and Zoro are.

A perfect example of that was shown when the two of them confronted themselves in Whiskey Peak or channeled that combo attack, even better. I think those were likely signals from Oda who loves to impress his lectors in such ways apparently. 🤔

Luffy and Zoro both take the lead of the Rocket Man sea train and of the crew.
Everyone depends on them. As captain (Luffy) and vice captain/first mate/right hand man/number two/second strongest (Zoro).
Please also notice not only how Oda chose to draw both them, and only the two of them, in this leading position.
Oda also has the two of them act and behave exactly the same. It's wonderful. They are like lost born brothers.

Well, by merely surfing on Google Image, actually. It was by chance.

The Captain and his close Vice Captain

The only ones in the Strawhats who are

- Supernovas
- Conquerors
- Advanced Haki users
- have top tiers as their benchmarks to reach and surpass
- have fighting oriented dreams
- will hold a world's strongest title

Not by chance their will is so strong.. perhaps Zoro's even stronger if his original statement is an hint from Oda or something.

Not by chance their will is so strong.. perhaps Zoro's even stronger if his original statement is an hint from Oda or something.
Zoro's will is immense... like Luffy's one. If not even greater.

I think you could add the Kaido / King parallel

alongside Roger / Rayleigh and BB / Shiryu
You mean this?

Well, more than a parallel between Luffy and Zoro, this is definitely more like a parallel between Zoro and other First Mates, and between Luffy/Zoro as a duo of Captain/First Mate and the other duos of Captains/First Mates.
So that's a different thing. But it's great as well, and on that argument too, I have you covered, anyway.

Zoro's will is immense... like Luffy's one. If not even greater.

You mean this?

Well, more than a parallel between Luffy and Zoro, this is definitely more like a parallel between Zoro and other First Mates, and between Luffy/Zoro as a duo of Captain/First Mate and the other duos of Captains/First Mates.
So that's a different thing. But it's great as well, and on that argument too, I have you covered, anyway.

I like the rayleigh-zoro parallels but in reality zoro's ambitions will lead him to reach a level beyond the dark king.

I like the rayleigh-zoro parallels but in reality zoro's ambitions will lead him to reach a level beyond the dark king.
Yes exactly. Zoro has/is all Rayleigh had/was, plus some other great assigments.

Rayleigh

- Pirate King's Right Hand Man and First Mate
- King on his own, as the Dark King

Zoro

- A greater Pirate King's Right Hand Man and First Mate
- King on his own, as the King of Hell
- Holder of a World's Strongest title, as the World's Strongest Swordsman
- Has God of Sword Ryuuma as his final benchmark to reach and surpass