Powers & Abilities Luffy's awakening has taken way too long

Luffy's had the Gomu Gomu no mi for 15 years.Ever since then, he has been training non-stop and even pre-TS he was close to mastering it and bringing forth its full potential.Doffy and Katakuri were awakened, but still Luffy keeps getting Haki improvements without anything pointing at him getting close to awakening.

Really, there's no foreshadowing at all.He hasn't even thought about doing it himself, which makes it pretty obvious that he probably won't awaken his Devil Fruit against Kaido.

I really don't know what Oda's waiting for at this point.Luffy has always been an excellent user of his fruit and we are approaching the end of the manga.He can't just awaken and master it in the next fight or two.I believe it should have already started by now, even if it wasn't as great as Doffy's and Katakuri's.

Last edited:
Luffy's had the Gomu Gomu no mi for 15 years.Ever since then, he has been training non-stop and even pre-TS he was close to mastering it and bringing forth its full potential.Doffy and Katakuri were awakened, but still Luffy keeps getting Haki improvements without anything pointing at him getting close to awakening.
Really, there's no foreshadowing at all.He hasn't even thought about doing it himself, which makes it pretty obvious that he probably won't awaken his Devil Fruit against Kaido.
I really don't know what Oda's waiting for at this point.Luffy has always been an excellent user of his fruit and we are approaching the end of the manga.He can't just awaken and master it in the next fight or two.I believe it should have already started by now, even if it wasn't as great as Doffy's and Katakuri's.
Someone has to be willing to explain the concept to him. Robin has had her powers for far longer and doesn't have awakening. Brook has had his for 50 years. No awakening

My guess is whenever Vegapunk shows up and the nature of devil fruits is discussed, we'll see someone show him

Stop assuming every experienced character has or needs an awakening. It’s clearly a random “mutation” of sorts.

Otherwise everybody and their momma would be awakened. Are you mad Law is awakened? What about Big Mom? The list goes on.

Plot reason: Luffy didn't know the mechanism behind awakening yet.....Once he knows, he will awaken.....Just like CoC coating. He knows the mechanism based on his ryou training.
My assumption: Oda has not not finalized how Luffy awakening is going to be....he is still thinking about it...

It does. He wants Luffy to have every power up because he’s the main character.

Its not hard to comprehend
Your comparison is more like you are saying that Luffy can fight with swords like Zoro, navigate like Nami, treat himself like Chopper, shipwright like Franky, musician like Brook, sniper like Usopp, have two devil fruits like blackbeard etc. ....devil fruit awakening has nothing to do with your comparison....

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢

Knowing that you can't hurt Luffy without Haki I believe that his awakening will have something huge to do with his defensive mechanism.

He already has every offensive power ups. Next stop are defensive ones.

Last edited:
Your comparison is more like you are saying that Luffy can fight with swords like Zoro, navigate like Nami, treat himself like Chopper, shipwright like Franky, musician like Brook, sniper like Usopp, have two devil fruits like blackbeard etc. ....devil fruit awakening has nothing to do with your comparison....
None of what you mentioned is a power up. Swords are handheld optional weapons. Navigating isn’t combat applicable… Blackbeard has the only fruit capable of getting him a second.

Luffy's had the Gomu Gomu no mi for 15 years.
His had the the Fruit for 12 years.
Doffy and Katakuri were awakened,
They've had their powers way longer.

I think you may want to stop theorising what you think is goner happen after wano, that may help with confusion with luffys awakening.

None of what you mentioned is a power up. Swords are handheld optional weapons. Navigating isn’t combat applicable… Blackbeard has the only fruit capable of getting him a second.
And you compared getting awakening, to something that's literally impossible for non-Uchihas.As I said, terrible argument.
Post automatically merged:

Keep dreaming about that awakening and gear 5 plus haki telekinesis + hypnosis
The fact that you can't tell the difference between awakening and this bullshit just shows you are beyond dumb.Your horseshit takes are all over the forum.