Questions & Mysteries Luffy's "Fruit" and the Potentional Awakening "Natural Rubber" And why it might be a threat to the world goverment

First of all this is not my theory or 1 theory i collected some ideas from reading watching few videos here and there but what sparked this idea is a Japanese Youtuber i will link his channel by the end of the post.

This collections of theory or theories should connect three things :-

---Edited in March 26 2022---
Luffy's fruit - Nika - Imu

1- Luffy's Fruit :-

The Gorosei were talking about a Legendary Fruit and that they changed its name and was lost to History. Many would jump to Zunesha for appearing on the same Chapter others would say Toki because a Panel on the same Chapter she appeared as a Statue. And Finally Kaido for having the "Fish Fish" fruit and his introduction as the one who is said to be the Strongest on Land "Sea" and on Air. But what if its Luffy's Fruit?

The idea is Luffy's Fruit isn't just any "Rubber" and that is it. Many of us have been thinking what his Awakening might be. Lets Start

In SBS Volume 8 someone has asked Oda of what kind of Rubber Luffy is? Oda answered "Natural Rubber"

Natural Rubber is a sap that obtained from Rubber Trees And it is made from Natural Resin. When Natural resin solidifies into Fossils it becomes Amber.

As you can see from the image above "Proteins , Fatty acids , Resins" are found in Natural Rubber. Coincidentally Enough Meat is Luffy's Favorite Food.
Anyways... Natural Rubber = Natural Resin and the Fossil of Natural Resin is Amber and when Amber is heated it becomes Oil.

Resin :- can be turned to Oil using Oil Steam Distillation and other means "check google"
Amber :- Heated above 200 °C (392 °F), amber decomposes, yielding an oil of amber.

The Latin word for Amber is "Electrum" And The Etymology is the ancient Greek "Electro (elektor)" the meaning of electro "elektor" is the Radiant Sun.
So Amber is the radiant sun in anient Greece. "This is important keep it mind".

Misc : - electro nowadays it used as "Static Electricity" - that could connect the Mink Tribe and Zunesha to Nika and Gomu Fruit.

----------------------

2- Nika The Sun God :-

"The IC and XC are the first and last letters in the Greek words for Jesus and Christ, respectively. NIKA is connected to the word for victory, which we know from Greek mythology and even consumerism as "Nike”. "
"IC XC NIKA means "Jesus Christ Conquers." King of Kings and so on".

"Jesus Christ the King of Kings" isn't that so Luffy in One Piece "The Conqueror who Conquered all" The Voice of All Things belongs to such Figures. There are many connection we can make here but i will name one for now from a theory Mr.Morj made about Luffy and his 12 disciples and the Zodiac Signs.

Who is Nike "The Goddess of Victory"

In 532 a Rebellion happened in Rome it was called the "Nika Riot" :-

The Crowds were chanting the Word NIKA NIKA

Who is NIKA in one piece :-
The person who frees the slaves around the world and the person that brings people Joys and Victories everywhere The Sun God. And that is who Luffy who is we all know this.

The Goddess of Victory Nike has appeared in One Piece Volume 1 Chapter 1.

Some images from google

Misc :- The wordplay for 56 in Japan is Gomu and the wordplay for 29 in Japan is NIKA. And in piece we usually see things plays the same but differently in both Pre and Post Time Skip "Like flipping the situations between Alabasta - Dressrosa" so going for his word play for 56 which is Gomu flipping the Number 56 upside down kinda gives us 29. This isn't something new in one piece you can find many things flipping chapter numbers or changing their order.

Something That Japanese Youtuber thought of:- Kinda of a Stretch but it works lol
------------------

Luffy's Awakening ~

Before talking about number 3 which is Imu-sama lets connect what we have above and lets talk about Luffy's awakening.

The Sun God JoyBoy aka Luffy :-
The person who frees the slaves around the world and the person that brings people Joys and Victories everywhere The Sun God. And that is who Luffy who is we all know this. And knowing Oda for all we know if Luffy's fruit was the one the Gorosei were talking about and is the Fruit that they changed its same to Gomu Gomu.

In chapter one shanks told Luffy that gomu gomu is the fruit of the devil its one of the secret treasures of the seas and what does Amber look like?
It looks like Gold. So all this time we thought luffy's fruit is nothing but rubber but in reality it is kinda gold a treasure of some kind. Isn't that romantic aka chapter 1 Romance Dawn? lol its the Youtuber idea

Amber:-

Taking the fact that Amber in Ancient Greek is The Radiant Sun and the Sun God in One Piece is Nika. Shouldn't the Original Name of the Fruit be something like:-
Nika Nika no mi 29 - Gomu Gomu no mi 56.

Now lets see how the Awakening part of his Fruit might be:- This has been Edited a bit after chapter 1044

-His Natural Rubber turns to Natural Resin which can turn into Oil. And Resin can be more flexible ~ Kaido questioned Luffy's Rubber. Lastly Resin is flammable and Luffy's hair is already on fire at least to our knowledge.

-Or Luffy reverts his Natural Resin/Rubber into Amber then heated up into Amber Oil instead of Resin Oil. If his awakening can go further than it already is

So Why Oil and why its scaring the Gorosei to the point of calling it "World Class" without giving any details to CP0.
after the time skip Luffy has been creating fire with his attacks and his body catches flames by it. Even running "in Punk Hazard" Luffy creates Fire. Both Resin and Oil are flammable and for Luffy to create Red Hawk he goes to Gear 2 in order to create Fire i think in his Gear 2 Luffy undergoes "steaming" and his Rubberness produces steam due to the Heat.

Remember when Kaido shot Boro breath at Luffy and Luffy came out of it just fine. Fire could empower Luffy since the Natural Rubber can use heat and fire to create Oil. Maybe Kaido throwing so much fire at Luffy helped him turn to Resin and hitting him hard enough " like a drum thanks to Artur of Libraryofohara" allowed Luffy to awaken with fire and a sound of a drum - Added after chapter 1044

End Thoughts for now - If his Zoan Fruit granted him the ability of Natural Rubber just like how Oda never referred to Luffy's Fruit as "Natural Rubber" only his Rubber as "Natural Rubber"
Then maybe maybe turning into Natural Resin now which is more flexible and easy to use and also flammable too.
One day as a finally for Luffy after he dies his body/grave turns into Amber into a treasure for Brook to buy panties with.

Why is the Gorosei scared of this revelation ?

3- Imu :-

Its related to Imu-sama. Most of us have speculated of her/his fruit to be Water related or Water itself. Oil and Water do not mix so If Luffy awakens into Oil water shouldn't affect Luffy. And Luffy will be the only person on the Entire World capable of fighting Imu.

As for Kaido vs Luffy.
Kaido is known to be strongest in Land "Sea" and Air and he has the Fish Fish fruit Azure Dragon. If he is the Strongest on Sea shouldn't he be able to swim ? is something i have been wondering since that introduction. And if Luffy awakens into Oil and is able to move in Water he should be able to fight against him in Water.

Even the openings for the Anime lately we See Luffy running underwater... i don't know anymore. Anyways this is all can write for now.

Done.

Some connection between Luffy , Nika and his Devil Fruit:-

Luffy is from Brazil :-

Luffy's birthday :-
Japanese Youtuber again "The word Nika in japanese is two letters when you combine it in 1 letter it becomes Number 5 in Chinese so Nika Nika is 5 5 May 5"
He also said somehow it means Tiger King.

------------

a Wild Idea:-
in chapter 2 we see a scene before the chapter starts. Luffy drowning in a whirlpool and somehow while drowning in "water" he managed to get inside a barrel.
Also the cover page has Luffy standing in a rivalry manner "like Roger and Whitebeard" with a bird.

Roger and Whitebeard

Luffy the bird and the scene where he drowns

That bird is called Emo which can be a foreshadowing for his stand against Luffy as in Emo=Imu or Umi as in Sea/Water.

The Japanese Youtuber and Wizard of Oz that Sparked the Idea in my mind and made me research his thoughts and some others on Youtube and elsewhere. The theory
is mostly based on what The Japanese Youtuber Yuderon talked about so all thanks goes to him 1st.

I made this post in response to this Post here from @ImmaIvanoM and mentioned whoever i saw there.

@ImmaIvanoM @Salah WG @Steven @SkySanji @nik87 @Sanji D Goat @NAMELESS @Finalbeta @AkainuTheGrimReaper @humanbeing @Money D Malio @MonsterKaido @Garps tekkai @sanjikun @sneko @mugiwalaw @Mummykun

Last edited:
First of all this is not my theory or 1 theory i collected some ideas from reading watching few videos here and there but what sparked this idea is a Japanese Youtuber i will link his channel by the end of the post.

This collections of theory or theories should connect three things :-

Luffy's fruit - Nika - Imu

1- Luffy's Fruit :-

The Gorosei were talking about a Legendary Fruit and that they changed its name and was lost to History. Many would jump to Zunesha for appearing on the same Chapter
others would say Toki because a Panel on the same Chapter she appeared as a Statue. And Finally Kaido for having the "Fish Fish" fruit and his introduction as the one who is said to be the Strongest on Land "Sea" and on Air. But what if its Luffy's Fruit?

The idea is Luffy's Fruit isn't just any "Rubber" and that is it. Many of us have been thinking what his Awakening might be. Lets Start

In SBS Volume 8 someone has asked Oda of what kind of Rubber Luffy is? Oda answered "Natural Rubber"

Natural Rubber is a sap that obtained from Rubber Trees And it is made from Natural Resin. When Natural resin solidifies into Fossils it becomes Amber.

As you can see from the image above "Proteins , Fatty acids , Resins" are found in Natural Rubber. Coincidentally Enough Meat is Luffy's Favorite Food.
Anyways... Natural Rubber = Natural Resin and the Fossil of Natural Resin is Amber and when Amber is heated it becomes Oil.

Resin :- can be turned to Oil using Oil Steam Distillation and other means "check google"
Amber :- Heated above 200 °C (392 °F), amber decomposes, yielding an oil of amber.

The Latin word for Amber is "Electrum" And The Etymology is the ancient Greek "Electro (elektor)" the meaning of electro "elektor" is the Radiant Sun.
So Amber is the radiant sun in anient Greece. "This is important keep it mind".

Misc : - electro nowadays it used as "Static Electricity" - that could connect the Mink Tribe and Zunesha to Nika and Gomu Fruit.

----------------------

2- Nika The Sun God :-

"The IC and XC are the first and last letters in the Greek words for Jesus and Christ, respectively. NIKA is connected to the word for victory, which we know from Greek mythology and even consumerism as "Nike”. "
"IC XC NIKA means "Jesus Christ Conquers." King of Kings and so on".

"Jesus Christ the King of Kings" isn't that so Luffy in One Piece "The Conqueror who Conquered all" The Voice of All Things belongs to such Figures. There are many
connection we can make here but i will name one for now from a theory Mr.Morj made about Luffy and his 12 disciples and the Zodiac Signs.

Who is Nike "The Goddess of Victory"

In 532 a Rebellion happened in Rome it was called the "Nika Riot" :-

The Crowds were chanting the Word NIKA NIKA

Who is NIKA in one piece :-
The person who frees the slaves around the world and the person that brings people Joys and Victories everywhere The Sun God. And that is who Luffy who is we all know this.

The Goddess of Victory Nike has appeared in One Piece Volume 1 Chapter 1.

Some images from google

Misc :- The wordplay for 56 in Japan is Gomu and the wordplay for 29 in Japan is NIKA. And in piece we usually see things plays the same but differently in both Pre and Post Time Skip "Like flipping the situations between Alabasta - Dressrosa" so going for his word play for 56 which is Gomu flipping the Number 56 upside down kinda
gives us 29. This isn't something new in one piece you can find many things flipping chapter numbers or changing their order.

Something That Japanese Youtuber thought of:- Kinda of a Stretch but it works lol
------------------

Luffy's Awakening ~

Before talking about number 3 which is Imu-sama lets connect what we have above and lets talk about Luffy's awakening.

The Sun God JoyBoy aka Luffy :-
The person who frees the slaves around the world and the person that brings people Joys and Victories everywhere The Sun God. And that is who Luffy who is we all know this. And knowing Oda for all we know if Luffy's fruit was the one the Gorosei were talking about and is the Fruit that they changed its same to Gomu Gomu.

In chapter one shanks told Luffy that gomu gomu is the fruit of the devil its one of the secret treasures of the seas and what does Amber look like?
It looks like Gold. So all this time we thought luffy's fruit is nothing but rubber but in reality it is kinda gold a treasure of some kind. Isn't that romantic aka
chapter 1 Romance Dawn? lol its the Youtuber idea

Amber:-

Taking the fact that Amber in Ancient Greek is The Radiant Sun and the Sun God in One Piece is Nika. Shouldn't the Original Name of the Fruit be something like
Nika Nika no mi 29 - Gomu Gomu no mi 56.

Now lets see how the Awakening part of his Fruit might be:-
-His Natural Rubber the Natural Resin turns into Oil.
-Or if going along with Luffy's techniuqes "Gears" going Gear Reverse instead of Gear 5 Luffy reverts his Natural Resin/Rubber into Amber then heated up into
Amber Oil instead of Resin Oil.

So Why Oil and why its scaring the Gorosei to the point of calling it "World Class" without giving any details to CP0.
after the time skip Luffy has been creating fire with his attacks and his body catches flames by it. Even running "in Punk Hazard" Luffy creates Fire. Both Resin and Oil are
flammable and for Luffy to create Red Hawk he goes to Gear 2 in order to create Fire i think in his Gear 2 Luffy undergoes "steaming" and his Rubberness produces steam due to the Heat.

Remember when Kaido shot Boro breath at Luffy and Luffy came out of it just fine. Fire could empower Luffy since the Natural Rubber can use heat and fire to create Oil.

Why is the Gorosei scared of this revelation ?

3- Imu :-

Its related to Imu-sama. Most of us have speculated of her/his fruit to be Water related or Water itself. Oil and Water do not mix so If Luffy awakens into Oil water shouldn't affect Luffy. And Luffy will be the only person on the Entire World capable of fighting Imu.

As for Kaido vs Luffy.
Kaido is known to be strongest in Land "Sea" and Air and he has the Fish Fish fruit Azure Dragon. If he is the Strongest on Sea shouldn't he be able to swim ? is something i have been wondering since that introduction. And if Luffy awakens into Oil and is able to move in Water he should be able to fight against him in Water.

Even the openings for the Anime lately we See Luffy running underwater... i don't know anymore. Anyways this is all can write for now.

Done.

Some connection between Luffy , Nika and his Devil Fruit:-

Luffy is from Brazil :-

Luffy's birthday :-
Japanese Youtuber again "The word Nika in japanese is two letters when you combine it in 1 letter it becomes Number 5 in Chinese so Nika Nika is 5 5 May 5"
He also said somehow it means Tiger King.

------------

a Wild Idea:-
in chapter 2 we see a scene before the chapter starts. Luffy drowning in a whirlpool and somehow while drowning in "water" he managed to inside a barrel.
Also the cover page has Luffy standing in a rivalry manner "like Roger and Whitebeard" with a bird.

Roger and Whitebeard

Luffy the bird and the scene where he drowns

That bird is called Emo which can be a foreshadowing for his stand against Luffy as in Emo=Imu or Umi as in Sea/Water.

The Japanese Youtuber and Wizard of Oz that Sparked the Idea in my mind and made me research his thoughts and some others on Youtube and elsewhere. The theory
is mostly based on what The Japanese Youtuber Yuderon talked about so all thanks goes to him 1st.

I made this post in response to this Post here from @ImmaIvanoM and mentioned whoever i saw there.

@ImmaIvanoM @Salah WG @Steven @SkySanji @nik87 @Sanji D Goat @NAMELESS @Finalbeta @AkainuTheGrimReaper @humanbeing @Money D Malio @MonsterKaido @Garps tekkai @sanjikun @sneko @mugiwalaw @Mummykun
Great post.You did a lot of research.I think you are onto something here,this makes a lot of sense.

I aporeciate the effort you put in, looks like it was plenty of work.
I like that little research about Nika's RL origin in specific, but from out of my head I've got 3 arguments that imo go against it:

1) Luffy's not turning his body into an oily substance like resin, when he's using his ability or for that matter also not into any other inorganic substance. If he would be made up of resin, his fruit would fundamentally work the same way as Katakuri's mochi fruit works. Everytime he uses his ability his body parts would transform into resin, what they obviously don't do tho.
2) Such a substance is elastic but it lacks rubber's tensile strength. Such a substance would not snap back into its original shape, when blown up via Bone or Muscle balloon or after getting stretched out.
3) Luffy's body is not creating fire by itself, it gets ingnited thanks to high friction. When he uses his "Red-.." moves -CoA hardened Jet Bullet movements- his actual natural body does not even make direct physical contact with the fire, cause of his CoA hardening- protection. It's pretty much that, what protects him from those flames in the first place.
That effect happens independent of his body's physical make up, it happens based on the physics behind it -> Friction based Ignition.

Edit: Thanks for the tag :)

Very good post :pepelit: Well researched :cheers:
Post automatically merged:

@Santoryu D Bazooka Can luffy awakening be something like he absorbs sun's energy through his resin like superman does and becomes more powerful? Far fetched but interesting
Superman flies to Space to absorbs the Sun's energy as for Luffy who knows but i don't see how he can do it.

I aporeciate the effort you put in, looks like it was plenty of work.
I like that little research about Nika's RL origin in specific, but from out of my head I've got 3 arguments that imo go against it:

1) Luffy's not turning his body into an oily substance like resin, when he's using his ability or for that matter also not into any other inorganic substance. If he would be made up of resin, his fruit would fundamentally work the same way as Katakuri's mochi fruit works. Everytime he uses his ability his body parts would transform into resin, what they obviously don't do tho.
2) Such a substance is elastic but it lacks rubber's tensile strength. Such a substance would not snap back into its original shape, when blown up via Bone or Muscle balloon or after getting stretched out.
3) Luffy's body is not creating fire by itself, it gets ingnited thanks to high friction. When he uses his "Red-.." moves -CoA hardened Jet Bullet movements- his actual natural body does not even make direct physical contact with the fire, cause of his CoA hardening- protection. It's pretty much that, what protects him from those flames in the first place.
That effect happens independent of his body's physical make up, it happens based on the physics behind it -> Friction based Ignition.

Edit: Thanks for the tag :)
Yes because Luffy is Rubber and a Natural Rubber at that like Oda said in SBS 8. Take The Rubber Band for example here:-
"Rubber bands are made of natural rubber. Natural rubber is made of long chains of molecules called polymers. Because these polymers are so long (they can be thousands of molecules long) they get tangled up in themselves. The result is a property called elasticity, the polymers are elastic. This is why rubber bands are sometimes called elastic bands. When you stretch the rubber, the polymers start to elongate or stretch. This requires some force. When you let go, the polymers relax back into their tangled compact shape. "
Also Natural Rubber contains Resin and Proteins. So Luffy is Rubber made of Resin and Proteins kind of.

The Fire thing yes indeed i think i worded it wrong i wasn't saying his body makes fire there is no way Luffy can do that. The friction ignition is what causes this. But what keeps the fire on till he finishes his attack? That is what i meant. Take Zoro's Dragon Blaze into mind and see how Zoro ignited Ryuma's Body in Thriller Bark. The impact causes the friction ignition and that is it only Ryuma's body caught fire there was none on Zoro or his sword.

It could be a stretch but it something.

Bro,,, This is one of my most favorite theories so far. I like how many details were noticed and pointed out by you and I just wanted to say: Great work my mate :cheers:
Thanks. All thanks to the sources too they did a great job pointing out these details for me to collect and expand upon a bit.

@Santoryu D Bazooka
This whole post is:smart::smart::smart::smart::smart::smart::smart::smart::smart::smart: :finally::finally::finally::finally::steef::steef::steef:

Great read!
Oda's a hack sometimes but no doubt he put a lot of effort and research into his story!

For those who are interested in the historical significance of amber also look up the Amber road https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amber_Road
Oda is indeed a Genius if you look carefully enough you will notice things that might blow your mind away. Also the Amber Road Trade Route.. its something the whole "significance of Amber" in many cultures and how it preserves "unfossilizable parts of organisms " and more as in carrying the history of millions of years "One day someone carrying the history of all the decades on his back and challenge the whole world to a fight".

Last edited:
Yes because Luffy is Rubber and a Natural Rubber at that like Oda said in SBS 8. Take The Rubber Band for example here:-
"Rubber bands are made of natural rubber. Natural rubber is made of long chains of molecules called polymers. Because these polymers are so long (they can be thousands of molecules long) they get tangled up in themselves. The result is a property called elasticity, the polymers are elastic. This is why rubber bands are sometimes called elastic bands. When you stretch the rubber, the polymers start to elongate or stretch. This requires some force. When you let go, the polymers relax back into their tangled compact shape. "
Also Natural Rubber contains Resin and Proteins. So Luffy is Rubber made of Resin and Proteins kind of.
Yeah I know that, but even natural rubber needs to go through certain processes, mainly involving vulcanization, in order to become that very durable rubber we know from our everyday life, otherwise it lacks the tensile strength. Natural rubber like latex is even fluid.
And what I'm saying is, that if Luffy would be such a substance he would lack the qualities that make up his actual fruit's quirks, as that kinda raw material -latex or whatever- is either a liquid or viscious, depending on which substance we are talking about. He would pretty much be another Katakuri, which he is not, so he should either be an already processed rubber or no rubber at all.

In return, if you argue that he's already made up of processed rubber, that turns back into its original state via awakening, then he would get the problem, that he would turn into a more liquid/viscious state and therefore lose his actual abilties, as he loses his body's durability and tensile strength. And it's in general doubtful that he even changes into a "different" substance alltogether, cause that's not how awakening normaly works.
Analogous to that it's pretty much like arguing for Aokiji turning into water. Normally those substances have fixed quirks and some other parameters get changed via awakening.
And I would additionally question the purpose behind that? What does he gain from all that in general? Seems to me like he would end up being a B-class logia.
The Fire thing yes indeed i think i worded it wrong i wasn't saying his body makes fire there is no way Luffy can do that. The friction ignition is what causes this. But what keeps the fire on till he finishes his attack? That is what i meant. Take Zoro's Dragon Blaze into mind and see how Zoro ignited Ryuma's Body in Thriller Bark. The impact causes the friction ignition and that is it only Ryuma's body caught fire there was none on Zoro or his sword.
Like I said he's not an oily like substance in his allday life. If he would be one, that fire actually would never go off and every "Red-.." move would damage him more than it does the opponent, as he's essentially weak to fire and would ignite everytime he's getting in touch with it.
And again like Katakuri or Logias he would turn into that substance by using his ability, but he's not turning into a visually differing substance. His body always stays organic -made up of flesh and blood-.
Those flames stay for the attack, cause that's what fire does. As long as there is oxygen a flame can live on.
The link from his fire ability to any sorts of DF explanation is imo just super weak in general, no front against you. Those fire moves are irrelevant for whatever his fruit is, cause they happen thanks to friction, so which role does his physical make up play, when it's not creating those flames in the first place? Imo none at all.

At this point it could be anything, not saying I'm definitely true, mate. For me it just doesn't make sense in that particular case.

Yeah I know that, but even natural rubber needs to go through certain processes, mainly involving vulcanization, in order to become that very durable rubber we know from our everyday life, otherwise it lacks the tensile strength. Natural rubber like latex is even fluid.
And what I'm saying is, that if Luffy would be such a substance he would lack the qualities that make up his actual fruit's quirks, as that kinda raw material -latex or whatever- is either a liquid or viscious, depending on which substance we are talking about. He would pretty much be another Katakuri, which he is not, so he should either be an already processed rubber or no rubber at all.

In return, if you argue that he's already made up of processed rubber, that turns back into its original state via awakening, then he would get the problem, that he would turn into a more liquid/viscious state and therefore lose his actual abilties, as he loses his body's durability and tensile strength. And it's in general doubtful that he even changes into a "different" substance alltogether, cause that's not how awakening normaly works.
Analogous to that it's pretty much like arguing for Aokiji turning into water. Normally those substances have fixed quirks and some other parameters get changed via awakening.
And I would additionally question the purpose behind that? What does he gain from all that in general? Seems to me like he would end up being a B-class logia.
I do understand where you coming from here. Well the idea isn't Luffy turning into Oil but rather releasing Oil from his body due to the awakening affecting the areas around the user for some fruits. The Human body provide a normal temperature of 37° C (98.6° F).
And Luffy is a human with a rubber body that has blood flowing in them so that should always keep his body warm to sustain his rubber form. Now looking at Gear 2 Luffy he is going through "Steam like method" which should raises his body's heat "smoke and all" with that he is able to expand his Rubber quicker keeping in mind that he is still have a functional human body that has blood flowing in. So whenever Luffy stops using G2 his body's temperature returns to regular in few minutes and he should always keeps his form of Rubber. Its weird i know but that is what this idea is about. I was confused too at first when i watched/read about this theory but after reading some more i said this is one piece and science is extreme in it lol.

In short the science only applies to Rubber in general but a Rubber Person is different you apply the science but need to keep in mind his human body. lol weird stuff indeed.

Like I said he's not an oily like substance in his allday life. If he would be one, that fire actually would never go off and every "Red-.." move would damage him more than it does the opponent, as he's essentially weak to fire and would ignite everytime he's getting in touch with it.
And again like Katakuri or Logias he would turn into that substance by using his ability, but he's not turning into a visually differing substance. His body always stays organic -made up of flesh and blood-.
Those flames stay for the attack, cause that's what fire does. As long as there is oxygen a flame can live on.
The link from his fire ability to any sorts of DF explanation is imo just super weak in general, no front against you. Those fire moves are irrelevant for whatever his fruit is, cause they happen thanks to friction, so which role does his physical make up play, when it's not creating those flames in the first place? Imo none at all.

At this point it could be anything, not saying I'm definitely true, mate. For me it just doesn't make sense in that particular case.
In Summary it should go something like this "according to the theorist lol"
Normal Luffy is Natural Rubber with a human body that keeps his form
G2 Luffy undergoes Steam heating of some sort which heats up his Rubber Body to the point it releases Steam Smoke. Google says :-
"Rubber is not highly flammable in that it has a high ignition temperature of 500 to 600 degrees Fahrenheit (260 to 316 Celsius)" both Natural and Synthetic Rubber can be flammable if they pass the "temperature" above. So Luffy igniting Fire in G2 forms and keeping the fire on till he finishes his attack can be explained this way.

I am enjoying this convo with u man its fun to research. :cheers: