General Mafia General Chat

Ratchet

The End and the Beginning
maybe story wise but the animation was pretty poor
I feel like it is one of those series that doesn't really need anything special in regards to animation. If anything, the character modelling was a bit more jarring, especially compared to S1, but the content itself elevated it. Will definitely try to watch S3 as it airs.

AL sama

Red Haired
I feel like it is one of those series that doesn't really need anything special in regards to animation. If anything, the character modelling was a bit more jarring, especially compared to S1, but the content itself elevated it. Will definitely try to watch S3 as it airs.
the story is carrying it for sure but some parts were pretty badly done in my opinion

Ratchet

the story is carrying it for sure but some parts were pretty badly done in my opinion
To be honest, I think the quality of anime production wise (not content) has been pretty bad for some 5 years now. The likes of Chainsaw Man (which has its own criticisms on this, too) are mostly the exception, you see a lot of poor modelling and slap-dash animation, more than I remember being common back in, say, 2013. My suspicion is there is a deluge of sequels nowadays, and with BD sales meaning less across the board a lot of these shows are done on a crunch-heavy, last-minute basis, because they'll make their money through streaming and merch anyway. Newer IPs tend to be better in this regard, probably because they're not established.

Ratchet

They also tend to improve the standard and consistency of character drawings and line art for blu ray releases, too. I recall some years back, someone posting a screen-by-screen comparison for the 4th FMP season between the version that aired on TV and the blu ray, and it was quite noticeable. For context, I believe I watched the blu ray version for Classroom of the Elite (though I could be mistaken, as it feels somewhat early for them to be released) so potentially the version I watched is a slight upgrade to what was available as it aired. This upscaling also happens a lot with manga when they get compiled into volumes - often panels and pages are redrawn or altered to better reflect the quality the artist/author want.

Ratchet

It makes sense, really. A lot of the time, both manga and anime are done on a weekly deadline, and even monthly releases need closer to a fortnightly deadline schedule to make sure it can be included in a monthly magazine release, so when it comes to releasing it by itself as a volume, the concessions that were made or rushed through are corrected to look a bit better. Also gives people a reason to want to buy the volume releases too, I suppose.

AL sama

Red Haired
To be honest, I think the quality of anime production wise (not content) has been pretty bad for some 5 years now. The likes of Chainsaw Man (which has its own criticisms on this, too) are mostly the exception, you see a lot of poor modelling and slap-dash animation, more than I remember being common back in, say, 2013. My suspicion is there is a deluge of sequels nowadays, and with BD sales meaning less across the board a lot of these shows are done on a crunch-heavy, last-minute basis, because they'll make their money through streaming and merch anyway. Newer IPs tend to be better in this regard, probably because they're not established.
yeah I agree to an extent tbh